• Mar 29th, 2011 3:55 pm
[OP]
Dec 26, 2005
697 posts
184 upvotes
Ottawa

LF: Cheapest place to get a Rosewill RNX-N1 usb adapter

Hello,

As the title states, i'm looking to buy a Rosewill RNX-N1 usb adapter.
From what i've read, i should be able to use this on my Sammy 3dtv.
I don't want to pay out the ass for the Samsung wireless adapter, as i've given them enough of my money :)
Searching the forums, i've seen a few deals in the past month or so that i missed, unfortunately, but i'm hoping maybe there is another one somewhere that i missed\hasn't been posted.

Does anybody know any good deals anywhere for this adapter?

thanks in advance!

-jay
6 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4257 posts
467 upvotes
Barrys Bay
jay_w wrote:
Mar 29th, 2011 11:29 am
Hello,

As the title states, i'm looking to buy a Rosewill RNX-N1 usb adapter.
From what i've read, i should be able to use this on my Sammy 3dtv.
I don't want to pay out the ass for the Samsung wireless adapter, as i've given them enough of my money :)
Searching the forums, i've seen a few deals in the past month or so that i missed, unfortunately, but i'm hoping maybe there is another one somewhere that i missed\hasn't been posted.

Does anybody know any good deals anywhere for this adapter?

thanks in advance!

-jay

Honestly just hardwired it, less headaches.
[OP]
Dec 26, 2005
697 posts
184 upvotes
Ottawa
yeah, i wanted too, but the way the girlfriends house is set up, it's a pain in the ass to run the cable. I'm assuming streaming HD content is still an issue,with wireless? Even with dualband N?

Currently, the cable is running across the room, and thats not gonna cut it. Was thinking of using ethernet via the powerlines... 200mbps... never used that before, but maybe it's my best bet.
Either way, if i can find the wireless adapter for cheap, if worse comes to worse, i can always use it on another device besides the tv.
[OP]
Dec 26, 2005
697 posts
184 upvotes
Ottawa
htc*** wrote:
Mar 29th, 2011 1:30 pm
NE has it for $34.99 plus $6.99 for shipping. I don't think you can find it anywhere

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... l%20RNX-N1

Yeah, i saw that last night... Was hoping to find a deal like the shell shocker a month or so ago, that was around 20. I don't mind paying up to around 30 as long as there is free shipping. Thanks for letting me know though!
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2009
1889 posts
1300 upvotes
Toronto
jay_w wrote:
Mar 29th, 2011 1:33 pm
Yeah, i saw that last night... Was hoping to find a deal like the shell shocker a month or so ago, that was around 20. I don't mind paying up to around 30 as long as there is free shipping. Thanks for letting me know though!

NE US sell for $29.99 plus free shipping if you have US relative/friend then ask them to order it for you.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... l%20rnx-n1
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
15298 posts
7614 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
You can buy this item from Rosewill's Amazon store for $25+$3 but they don't ship to Canada. There are other stores on Amazon that sell this item for less than Newegg Canada and who will ship to Canada, however, by the time you pay for brokerage, etc. you'll likely have paid more.

BTW there's someone on fleaBay selling a used one but their shipping costs suck.

Or you can wait for Newegg CA to have this on sale again.
veni, vidi, Visa