Pets

LF: dog dentist recomendation (Ottawa\Gatineau)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2017 5:19 pm
[OP]
Dec 26, 2005
611 posts
149 upvotes

LF: dog dentist recomendation (Ottawa\Gatineau)

Hey guys,

I'm looking to take my dog to get her teeth cleaned somewherein the Ottawa or Gatineau area... preferably one that isn't ridiculously expensive, but still a decent place to go.

Does anybody have any recommendations?

thanks!
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
2952 posts
438 upvotes
Your regular vet? Our dog's dentals are done at his regular vet clinic in Toronto. One of the vets specializes in teeth cleanings. Dog dentals are not cheap in Canada - they are much cheaper in the U.S. And I would strongly suggest you have a full blood panel done first as a blood panel can reveal issues that you did not know your dog has. If your dog is 7 or older then he/she would be considered a "senior" regardless of breed. 7 is not "senior for our guy, but then 7 is the magic number - as in the blood panels cost more. There are many little charges that seriously add up - hope for no extractions.
Oct 14, 2010
57 posts
8 upvotes
Collingwood, Ontario
Wherever you go, make sure that dental xrays are taken. You'd be amazed at what can be missed without them!
Apr 23, 2008
389 posts
51 upvotes
Kanata
I'd say contact the Clinique veterinaire de Hull on St-Joseph at the corner of St-Raymond in Hull. Cheaper overall and very competent. I do believe they do teeth cleaning, but call ahead to get a quote and availability.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
7875 posts
565 upvotes
Aerya wrote:
Oct 9th, 2014 10:05 pm
I'd say contact the Clinique veterinaire de Hull on St-Joseph at the corner of St-Raymond in Hull. Cheaper overall and very competent. I do believe they do teeth cleaning, but call ahead to get a quote and availability.
Do you know approximately how much it'd cost? Our dog needs a cleaning and that clinic is right around the corner for me.
Apr 23, 2008
389 posts
51 upvotes
Kanata
Sorry, I don't know. I haven't had to use that service from them. Give them a call :) 819-777-1333 They may need the approximate size/breed so they can estimate the amount of work involved.
Jul 10, 2008
52 posts
10 upvotes
Town and Country Vet in Ogdensburg; vet's in Ottawa will charge at least $500, while I paid $128 USD for my dogs cleaning a few years ago. You will need to visit them once before for a check-up, but it's only $36 for that. While you have to figure in gas and time as well, it will still be much cheaper to go to the US.
Nov 7, 2014
3 posts
1 upvote
Kimmirut, NU
I've always used Aylmer Veterinary Clinic - 819-684-6456. They are great and very reasonably priced. They will pass the savings on to the client whenever possible (estimate vs actual).