None
[OP]
Jan 6, 2002
296 posts
21 upvotes
Calgary

LF: DVD / Hard Drive Recorders

Greetings,

I am looking for any great Boxing Day prices (or any great price) on a DVD / Hard Drive Recorder. It must have a HD, at least 80 Gigs.

I have narrowed it down to 3 models that seem to have the best prices on <a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=90 target=_blank>Ecost</a> or Etronics. I am especially interested in the Toshiba XS52 since it has the largest Hard Drive.

From my experience, generally, these seem to be the best prices to start with; they are in CDN funds and include ALL fees/taxes/shipping. Then I try to get a Canadian retailer to match them.

Toshiba XS32 (80 GB)- $570
Toshiba XS52 (160 GB)- $720
Panasonic E85(120 GB)- $675

Does anyone know of a local FutureShop, Best Buy, etc, that will have these units on for a cheaper price during the Boxing Day sale, or currently has them on sale? Does anyone remember if they were included in any of the Boxing Day flyers that have been temporarily taken down?

Thanks,
Draug
6 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2002
1425 posts
568 upvotes
Mississauga
sharp one for 279
panasonic one with 120gb hd for 699
pioneer one for 299
aspire one for 199

first 2 at the blue/yellow electronics retailer and the second 2 at the red one :)
Jun 25, 2004
250 posts
41 upvotes
$280 USD at Wal-Mart, this is the new Wal-Mart brand.

Records up to 96 hours on an internal hard drive or records on DVD +R/RW media. Save content from your TV, VCR, or camcorders. Even includes a DV link for high resolution camcorder connections. Records on + (plus) discs and plays both + or - (minus) recorded discs.
Mar 10, 2004
156 posts
1 upvote
Trini, is this in the U.S. or here?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2002
1833 posts
145 upvotes
Central Ontario
Draug, have you read about the potential black-level problem on the Toshiba? (Lots more detail at AVSForum). It's the only thing holding me back from buying one of these.

The Panny is cool, but uses DVD-RAM disks which won't work in a regular DVD-ROM drive on a PC.