[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
3787 posts
67 upvotes

lf: easy, authentic jamaican recipes

wondering if:
1. there's anyone on rfd that knows how to cook authentic jamaican
2. they could share a recipe or two with me (and the rest of the rfd food forum)

if you can help me out, i'd appreciate any posts you can offer. the more fool-proof the recipe, the better. if there are specific ingredients that i might have trouble finding, please let me know.

i would love to be able to try my hand at cooking a jamaican dish.

any replies would be most appreciated, thanks in advance.
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5938 posts
385 upvotes
BC
great topic, i'd be interested too. often when i meet someone from another country i ask for a recipe for an authentic dish. i've yet to find one i didnt like.
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Fanatic
Nov 28, 2002
6179 posts
327 upvotes
Toronto
Well Ackee and Saltfish is probably one of the only "Authentic" Jamaican dishes out there.
Jerk is not Jamaican so the lets just clear that up.
It's Arawak Indian food which as you know the were the peaceful native West Indian Tribesmen unlike the Carib Indians who were Warlords.

I'll give it a few days on this one if no one responds with something i'll throw in a few.

Try This
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
trini wrote:Well Ackee and Saltfish is probably one of the only "Authentic" Jamaican dishes out there.
Jerk is not Jamaican so the lets just clear that up.
It's Arawak Indian food which as you know the were the peaceful native West Indian Tribesmen unlike the Carib Indians who were Warlords.

I'll give it a few days on this one if no one responds with something i'll throw in a few.

Try This
I was about to say the exact same thing! ;)
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart