Tags:
None
Mar 15, 2008
557 posts
132 upvotes
Montreal

LF Good, cheap gaming headset

Hi RFD,

I'm looking for a headset with a good microphone I can use for gaming. Doesn't have to be fancy or expensive, just comfortable with decent audio and a good mic. If you know anything decently priced or on sale let me know.

Thanks!
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7994 posts
2226 upvotes
Alberta
Try Turtle Beach. I have the X12 model for Xbox360....around $60 reg. There are models for PS3 and PC....pricier models do all three.

Dave
Deal Expert
Dec 14, 2005
18176 posts
345 upvotes
Richmond
:arrow:

Moved from "Shopping Discussion" to "Request-A-Deal."
Congrats to the Arsenal Ladies - The FA Women's Cup Winners 2013 :)
Mar 15, 2008
557 posts
132 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks nsx, was in wrong tab.

David, I'll check them out, thanks.
Mar 16, 2011
824 posts
225 upvotes
Cronzor wrote: Hi RFD,

I'm looking for a headset with a good microphone I can use for gaming. Doesn't have to be fancy or expensive, just comfortable with decent audio and a good mic. If you know anything decently priced or on sale let me know.

Thanks!

Do you already have a good pair of headphones? Most all-in-one gaming headsets have either sup-par mic or sound quality (most of the time its the mic that's lagging). I got an add-on AntLion ModMic ($30ish) for my Sennheiser HD 558's, and am VERY pleased. I found the mic quality much better than most all-in-ones, and obviously nothing needs to be said about the 558's since their widely accepted as having one of the best soundstages for positional audio (FPS) :D It's detachable so you can still use your headphones by themselves if you want.

I did a review and audio test of the microphone too:
Feb 21, 2012
461 posts
79 upvotes
NEWMARKET
Don't get anything made by Turtle Beach if sound quality is a concern. The Sennheiser PC151 is probably the best headset you can get for the price
http://www.amazon.ca/Sennheiser-PC-151- ... ce_title_2

PureSolidness's suggestion of using headphones with an external mic will definitely give you the best sound quality in any price range.
Mar 15, 2008
557 posts
132 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks solidness and spandex (two things I don't normally like merged), I will check out both of these. If the PC 151's mic is good enough for voice recognition software, I'll go with just that, otherwise I'll add the mod mic to my existing headphones!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)