Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
13306 posts
726 upvotes

LF: Sofa (not futon) for basment...

I wish it were that simple, I am looking for a sofa that can be disassembled and reassembled so that it can fit down the stairs to the basement (only 24 inches). We have a futon for the playroom but would like a sofa for the TV area. The last sofa we had (my parents old sectional could be dissasembled quite easily once some pieces of the upolstery was removed (later stapled back in place)...I would like to avoid repeating if possible.

Cheers...
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2003
6240 posts
90 upvotes
I've got a big fancy leather lazy-boy recliner sofa and couch and it was no problem bringing them in the basement. The sofa can be separated in 6 pieces in about 5 minutes, the loveseat comes in 4 pieces. (each seat can be separated, and the backrest comes off). That's the best couch I've ever owned. Expensive, but well worth it!
Aug 3, 2005
677 posts
3 upvotes
Do you have a pic? or a website showing that couch :)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2003
6240 posts
90 upvotes
Bmp5 wrote:Do you have a pic? or a website showing that couch :)
I can't find it on Lazy-boy's website. :( I bought it 4 years ago and they seem to be changing their model yearly. Just go to a lzay-boy furniture gallery to see what you like, they have some nice furniture (and some really ugly furniture too!).