LF: Swim Goggles (maybe prescription) Toronto

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2006 4:01 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 6, 2004
175 posts

LF: Swim Goggles (maybe prescription) Toronto

I am planning to get swim goggles for swimming but didn't know a good place to get them and whether I should get prescription ones because I can't really see anything without my glasses. What would be the prices between the prescription ones and normal ones?
7 replies
Dec 7, 2004
9 posts
i got prescription goggles from advance optical at pacific mall. almost 2 yrs ago.. back then, they cost me $65, tax in. also includes the non-prescription lens (they're interchangable). they've served me well.. i can't see without my glasses either :P

on a side note, any anti-fog coating that were originally on these things are non-existant now. anyone know anything i can do or use so they don't start fogging up like 5 seconds after i put them on?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2005
7260 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
eggnudles wrote:i got prescription goggles from advance optical at pacific mall. almost 2 yrs ago.. back then, they cost me $65, tax in. also includes the non-prescription lens (they're interchangable). they've served me well.. i can't see without my glasses either :P

on a side note, any anti-fog coating that were originally on these things are non-existant now. anyone know anything i can do or use so they don't start fogging up like 5 seconds after i put them on?
http://www.aquagoggles.com/zerofog.asp

:)
_{o,o}...{o.-}--{0,0}
_|)__)_--|)_(|-_-(__(|
--"-"-___-"-"-__--"-"-
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2479 posts
38 upvotes
Well, it depends on how bad you cant see exactly.

For the most part, you should be able to see fine underwater without goggles... not much to look at there anyways. Though if you like seeing stuff, you might as well get the prescription, since not-seeing would defeat the point of goggles anyways.

From what Ive seen, swim goggles with prescription are a hassle though. Some people who wore it to nls training got yelled at when they toke a long time to put it on.
Aug 12, 2004
449 posts
Gamez_girl wrote:I am planning to get swim goggles for swimming but didn't know a good place to get them and whether I should get prescription ones because I can't really see anything without my glasses. What would be the prices between the prescription ones and normal ones?

My daughter was a competitive swimmer and tried the perscription googles. worked for a bit but she ended up going to contacts and found it much better.
perscriptions change, googles tend to leak after some use.
Mar 15, 2003
598 posts
36 upvotes
ramoose wrote:My daughter was a competitive swimmer and tried the perscription googles. worked for a bit but she ended up going to contacts and found it much better.
perscriptions change, googles tend to leak after some use.
Is it safe to swim with contacts in? The chlorine in the water wouldnt be good for the contacts, right?
Aug 24, 2005
442 posts
39 upvotes
thesober wrote:Is it safe to swim with contacts in? The chlorine in the water wouldnt be good for the contacts, right?
but if you had normal goggles over your eyes I think it'd be OK :|
Aug 12, 2004
449 posts
thesober wrote:Is it safe to swim with contacts in? The chlorine in the water wouldnt be good for the contacts, right?
Yes you must have goggles on she was a jr. national swimmer swimming 20-25 hours per week and never had any problems wearing contacts.
× < >