• Feb 26th, 2011 11:33 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 25, 2003
9294 posts
415 upvotes

LF Very Durable Notebook PC.

Aside from the Panasonic Toughbook, what's a durable Notebook out there?

I have T400 that my son stands on, throws around, and it keeps on ticking. Only problem is that he gets his itty bitty fingers under the keys and starts to rip them out.. The keys being popped off are surprisingly not the issue, it's the damn rubber switches he rips off :( So now the spacebar switch is just being held in by pressure right now :(

How rugged are MBPs? I don't think he can rip out those keys, can he?
3 replies
Banned
Feb 15, 2008
26318 posts
3242 upvotes
Calgary
Dare I say, you have bigger problems than just looking for a durable notebook PC :( .

Anyways, have you looked at the Dell Latitude XFR laptops?

For some reason, I don't think a Macbook would survive being stood on nearly as well as a Thinkpad T400.

I think you're going to need to approach this problem from a slightly different angle than merely buying a more rugged laptop.
TodayHello wrote: ...The Banks are smarter than you - they have floors full of people whose job it is to read Mark77 posts...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 25, 2003
9294 posts
415 upvotes
Mark77 wrote: Dare I say, you have bigger problems than just looking for a durable notebook PC :( .

Anyways, have you looked at the Dell Latitude XFR laptops?

For some reason, I don't think a Macbook would survive being stood on nearly as well as a Thinkpad T400.

I think you're going to need to approach this problem from a slightly different angle than merely buying a more rugged laptop.
Truth is I'm looking for something as durable as a T400 with a MBP or one of those new EliteBook type keyboards...

No, XFRs seem to resemble Toughbooks...
Banned
Feb 15, 2008
26318 posts
3242 upvotes
Calgary
B0000rt wrote: Truth is I'm looking for something as durable as a T400 with a MBP or one of those new EliteBook type keyboards...
No, XFRs seem to resemble Toughbooks...

Last time I was in Best Buy, 2 of the display Macbooks had missing keys. I don't think those "chiclet" keyboards can take a lot of abuse either.

Maybe buy a couple spare keyboards? Hard to imagine that any model of keyboard will resist being ruined by a kid determined to wreck stuff.

Can get keyboards for the T400 for $30 a pop off of eBay.
TodayHello wrote: ...The Banks are smarter than you - they have floors full of people whose job it is to read Mark77 posts...