Hot Deals

[LG] 2018 LG OLED TVs on sale *** <$1900 for 55" C8 | <$2800 for 65" C8 | <$7800 for 77" C8 ***

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2018 7:41 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
2640 posts
2119 upvotes
Ottawa
Dmartin77 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 10:27 pm
Lol Hundred Points Symbol. This thread has gone downhill fast the last week 🤣.
Then you haven't been paying attention to it for longer than a week... stay in your lane newbie.
Oct 17, 2018
44 posts
22 upvotes
Batarang wrote: Then you haven't been paying attention to it for longer than a week... stay in your lane newbie.
Ok sorry king. Didn’t know you ran the show here 🤣. I’ve been following for months and the questions have gotten pretty stupid and off topic the past week.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
2640 posts
2119 upvotes
Ottawa
Dmartin77 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 10:39 pm
Ok sorry king. Didn’t know you ran the show here 🤣. I’ve been following for months and the questions have gotten pretty stupid and off topic the past week.
Because a lot of people realize that the regulars in this thread are helpful and know what to look for in a TV. If you don't have anything to contribute, keep doing what you've been doing "for months".
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2004
9906 posts
4218 upvotes
Oil Country
Went to a London Drugs location in Edmonton today to see what their pricing on the 65" LG C8 was, and apparently there are 0 remaining city wide. Seems kind of odd that every London Drugs location in the city is out of stock. Either there was an amazing sale recently, or they're hiding stock?
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
2640 posts
2119 upvotes
Ottawa
fudge_u wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 10:42 pm
Went to a London Drugs location in Edmonton today to see what their pricing on the 65" LG C8 was, and apparently there are 0 remaining city wide. Seems kind of odd that every London Drugs location in the city is out of stock. Either there was an amazing sale recently, or they're hiding stock?
Or maybe they got hit from all the price matching of the last few weeks. Wouldn't be surprised if their Black Friday stock comes in within the next few days or so.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
3680 posts
529 upvotes
Batarang wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 10:27 pm
A lot of people have used this thread despite not being interested in OLEDs. Maybe you should look at the last dozen pages?
I went back 12 pages and literally 90% of X900F (with no mention of OLED discussion) comments were created by yourself. Other posters did also mention X900F but at least they were deliberating between that and the C8.

Anyways I'll go back to waiting for BF deals to come out and or Hibbing telling us of a crazy C8 deal :)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2004
9906 posts
4218 upvotes
Oil Country
Batarang wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 10:43 pm
Or maybe they got hit from all the price matching of the last few weeks. Wouldn't be surprised if their Black Friday stock comes in within the next few days or so.
London Drugs is usually very reluctant to price match online stores, especially if they're a small time store. The Edmonton stores don't really have anything good to price match against either. $3500 was the lowest is went, unless people jumped on it at that price.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5449 posts
1510 upvotes
Cornwall PE
Don't oled, as well as many positive traits also have some very serious flaws to consider, especially at their premium prices even when on sale?
The Children all love the the new down vote button.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Oct 17, 2018
44 posts
22 upvotes
Batarang wrote: Because a lot of people realize that the regulars in this thread are helpful and know what to look for in a TV. If you don't have anything to contribute, keep doing what you've been doing "for months".
Nah, too much fun making fun of people like you that overanalyze buying a TV. It’s pretty clear what the best TV is, it’s not rocket science. Most are just trying to justify a cheaper TV and getting people to agree with them so they feel better when buy it vs. the one they all know was superior.
Feb 19, 2010
401 posts
61 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
betamaxman wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 10:55 pm
Don't oled, as well as many positive traits also have some very serious flaws to consider, especially at their premium prices even when on sale?
Burn in, banding on test patterns and lower brightness for ultra low input lag, perfect blacks, and top notch picture. Reviews everywhere gush about oled. It’s not perfect, no tv is as it depends on your situation, but the scare mongering around here it like the old plasma days yet anyone who had (has) a Panasonic Kuro knew they were dynamite.
Jul 4, 2009
263 posts
85 upvotes
beltrix wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 11:05 am
Probably nothing already said and discussed here but, thought it could bring either more light or a healthy discussion, I still dream can sell my 75" and get OLED but, boy I probably should keep trying to get a job first ^^Linus youtube review of OLED by LG
When I watched that video, and Linus starts shaking the side of the 77" ... and I see it bending back and forth.... I gotta admit... I cringed at that part.... LoL
Jul 4, 2009
263 posts
85 upvotes
fudge_u wrote:
If we were just a week away from BF sales, I could see them pulling stock for inventory during BF sales, but missing out on two weeks of full cost sales might actually mean they are sold out. All the London Drugs I visited, EVERY floor display model was either removed or sold. That is usually a sign of high demand.
Jul 4, 2009
263 posts
85 upvotes
fudge_u wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 10:52 pm
London Drugs is usually very reluctant to price match online stores, especially if they're a small time store. The Edmonton stores don't really have anything good to price match against either. $3500 was the lowest is went, unless people jumped on it at that price.
I cannot speak for the Edmonton stores, but here in Vancouver, both stores I visited to beat TeleTime's deal gave me little resistance, and were happy to do it for me. Much easier time than Best Buy, that's for sure. They made me feel like I was trying to scam them the whole time. LoL
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2003
6624 posts
745 upvotes
London
fudge_u wrote:
Well there WAS a huge order placed quite recently..................maybe no stock left for others? Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2003
6624 posts
745 upvotes
London
sikkinixx wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 11:07 pm
Burn in, banding on test patterns and lower brightness for ultra low input lag, perfect blacks, and top notch picture. Reviews everywhere gush about oled. It’s not perfect, no tv is as it depends on your situation, but the scare mongering around here it like the old plasma days yet anyone who had (has) a Panasonic Kuro knew they were dynamite.
It was PIONEER KURO and I had an 8G and then bought all the remaining 9G stock in Ontario near the end. The sets were amazing for their time but the upgrade to OLED was ASTONISHING. The colour accuracy, the clarity were huge steps up it was like the Kuro had a thin piece of gauze over it. Video processing was much improved and when you have TRUE blacks everything pops and is not a "facsimile" of real life. Everything comes from black. The only thing less impressive is motion handling and it can be overcome quite easily.