Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
LG

2018 LG OLED TVs on sale - Ongoing thread

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2019 8:13 pm
Sep 7, 2012
393 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
Hibbing wrote: Just Hibbing.
Just got back from Whitby location, picked up a 55" Q8FN just waiting for it to be in stock. Rico was awesome. Thanks Hibbing!
Jun 10, 2003
898 posts
856 upvotes
Looks like Topchoice doesn't have the online code any longer. Is the deal dead there? I just liked the free shipping option.
Nov 25, 2010
36 posts
3 upvotes
Yukon Trooper wrote: At that distance, the larger the better. I'm at 8' and I've been back and forth between the 75" X900F and 65" OLED. At 12' no question take the larger display.
Sorry for side track too and thanks all in this thread. I’m in the same shoe, definitely looking at 75+ so c8 is too expensive. Been eyeing 75” X900F and ready to pull the trigger at around $3500 but just noticing the un82nu8000 is the same price. I understand the Sony is better overall but same price for a larger screen. What’s everyone opinion? Many thanks in advance
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2003
7248 posts
1322 upvotes
London
RCCC wrote: Sorry for side track too and thanks all in this thread. I’m in the same shoe, definitely looking at 75+ so c8 is too expensive. Been eyeing 75” X900F and ready to pull the trigger at around $3500 but just noticing the un82nu8000 is the same price. I understand the Sony is better overall but same price for a larger screen. What’s everyone opinion? Many thanks in advance
82NU8000 $2999
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
1450 posts
1346 upvotes
Oakville
I was looking for a pair of 900F's (since I am now the family TV purchasing/delivery/installation expert). The drive from Jokeville to Scarborough is a haul to find the 'in person price' as the Sony price would not be released over the phone. Which sucks because it could make the drive pointless. I already had a price commitment from another retailer mentioned in the thread. So when the Dixie store was now part off the threesome, I went there as it was A LOT closer. The price offered was not the nuclear one I had expected and only matched the price I had negotiated elsewhere. Regardless, I doubt that the price will go lower and simply committed and bought there as time is money. Thanks to Hibs and all other contributors. This thread has amazing legs I must say......
Apr 28, 2012
157 posts
135 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Thanks very much, everyone! 65" had a sticker price of $2,999 at London Drugs in Squamish, BC, but the salesman checked a printout they had behind the desk and confirmed it was $2,699 this weekend. No stock (it's a pretty small store) but should be arriving tomorrow from the warehouse. Reckoned the price was 11% below their cost price, and they'd get the rest back from LG.
Oct 17, 2018
136 posts
68 upvotes
RCCC wrote:
Sorry for side track too and thanks all in this thread. I’m in the same shoe, definitely looking at 75+ so c8 is too expensive. Been eyeing 75” X900F and ready to pull the trigger at around $3500 but just noticing the un82nu8000 is the same price. I understand the Sony is better overall but same price for a larger screen. What’s everyone opinion? Many thanks in advance
You can get it for <$3500. Even a couple weeks ago I could get it for $3300/3400.
Dec 25, 2013
389 posts
158 upvotes
Calgary
Ended up purchasing the 55" C8 from London Drugs for $1799 + Tax. They'll include delivery.

My couch is about 6-7 feet away from my couch, I don't think 65" would have been a good choice, although you do always wonder!
Jan 27, 2009
223 posts
41 upvotes
LOOSEWHEEL wrote: I doubt that the price will go lower and simply committed and bought there as time is money.
This is likely the point of no pricing unless you're in the store. :)
I'm here.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
1450 posts
1346 upvotes
Oakville
bmaninc wrote: This is likely the point of no pricing unless you're in the store. :)
Agreed but I did save myself a lot of time and frustration not driving out only to simply find that I could get the same price locally. Winking Face
Jan 27, 2009
223 posts
41 upvotes
LOOSEWHEEL wrote: Agreed but I did save myself a lot of time and frustration not driving out only to simply find that I could get the same price locally. Winking Face
Its great if you live in the GTA - for me the three stores are 1h28, 1h30 and 1h40 away ;).
I'm here.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1717 posts
424 upvotes
Purchased a few days ago and just installed my 65” c8 oled ($2699) and 55” x900f ($1200) and am super impressed with both. Moreso with oled obviously bit the Sony is awesome as well. The Sony Replaced a 5 year old 50” LG led (a cheaper model.. was about $799 when I bought it) and it’s light years better.

I’m a little surprised at how advanced these TVs are, and I have always felt that I would need to buy 2 shields/Apple TVs for my new TVs, but now I’m not so sure. I already have a shield and I like it, but since there are so many eyes here I figured I’d ask the question: is there a benefit to just using the TV for Netflix/ YouTube/plex? Or should I use an external box? Just wondering if there is anything I’m unaware of.

Not interested in nvidia shied vs Apple TV.. I know that’s a separate thread... but just internal androids vs external box android.

Specifically for the c8 and x900f.

Thanks all, and esp. thanks to Hibbing
Jul 4, 2009
378 posts
211 upvotes
1up2up wrote: Ended up purchasing the 55" C8 from London Drugs for $1799 + Tax. They'll include delivery.

Enjoy the set!
1up2up wrote: My couch is about 6-7 feet away from my couch, I don't think 65" would have been a good choice, although you do always wonder!

I am in the same boat as you. I ended up with the 55", as I am in a small apartment, and tight budget, but trust me, you will enjoy the heck out this TV. Sure a bigger one would be nice, but you just scored a great TV for under $1800. Not bad at all I say!
Nov 25, 2010
36 posts
3 upvotes
Hibbing wrote: 82NU8000 $2999
Ahhh thanks so much hibbing I know you can’t mention the 75 X900F price online but would you still recommend it over the 82nu8000 nevertheless? Thanks
Oct 24, 2017
333 posts
791 upvotes
Now that it seems we’ve literally all gone out and bought the C8, how are you all calibrating it?

I followed rtings calibration settings and, well, they look fine to me?

AVS C8 calibration forum is just too much of a mess of info for me.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2003
7248 posts
1322 upvotes
London
RCCC wrote: Ahhh thanks so much hibbing I know you can’t mention the 75 X900F price online but would you still recommend it over the 82nu8000 nevertheless? Thanks
Both good sets and some prefer screen size over better picture quality. That is up to you.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1990 posts
1047 upvotes
Winnipeg
Oscar11 wrote: Purchased a few days ago and just installed my 65” c8 oled ($2699) and 55” x900f ($1200) and am super impressed with both. Moreso with oled obviously bit the Sony is awesome as well. The Sony Replaced a 5 year old 50” LG led (a cheaper model.. was about $799 when I bought it) and it’s light years better.

I’m a little surprised at how advanced these TVs are, and I have always felt that I would need to buy 2 shields/Apple TVs for my new TVs, but now I’m not so sure. I already have a shield and I like it, but since there are so many eyes here I figured I’d ask the question: is there a benefit to just using the TV for Netflix/ YouTube/plex? Or should I use an external box? Just wondering if there is anything I’m unaware of.

Not interested in nvidia shied vs Apple TV.. I know that’s a separate thread... but just internal androids vs external box android.

Specifically for the c8 and x900f.

Thanks all, and esp. thanks to Hibbing
No idea about the Sony but WebOS is so good on the C8 I wouldn't bother with an external box. Plex, Netflix, Amazon Prime and YouTube all work great on the WebOS system.
Lorenzo
Jan 23, 2013
21 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
lorenzo1000 wrote: No idea about the Sony but WebOS is so good on the C8 I wouldn't bother with an external box. Plex, Netflix, Amazon Prime and YouTube all work great on the WebOS system.
Agreed!

I have been using a small PC hooked up to my old 60" plasma to watch Netflix, Plex, Youtube and access my Tablo recorded shows and assumed I would have to get a Roku or Nvidia Shield for 4K content but now realize the built-in apps do it all! There is even a WebOS Tablo app so I'm all good!
Feb 26, 2009
759 posts
131 upvotes
canada5dollarbill wrote: Now that it seems we’ve literally all gone out and bought the C8, how are you all calibrating it?

I followed rtings calibration settings and, well, they look fine to me?

AVS C8 calibration forum is just too much of a mess of info for me.
I followed the rtings C8 setting and then half way through I couldn't keep up and gave up. Haha.

The factory setting with the various picture modes seems to work well enough for now.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)