• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2017 12:49 pm
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
13150 posts
5010 upvotes
Kitchener

LG G Pad III Owners Thread

An attempt to keep the Fido deal thread on topic (i.e. just about the plan).

Feel free to discuss the actual device you got from Fido here.

Thanks.
755 replies
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
13150 posts
5010 upvotes
Kitchener
Credit: SickBeast from the original Fido thread
Guys this explains how to enable adopable storage for this tablet. This has been confirmed to be working. Please note that it will format your micro SD card, and to revert back you will need to factory reset your tablet. This mod will cause the tablet to recognize your micro SD card as internal storage, essentially giving you as much space as you want to install your apps.

Here is what you need to do:

1. Hook up the tablet to your computer via usb.

2. Download and install the drivers from LG. Also download minimal adb and fastboot, just google for it. Then extract it to a folder on your hard drive. Open an elevated command prompt and navigate to that folder you just made. Use this command prompt to complete the reddit steps below.

3. Unplug the gpad from your computer.

4. Enable developer options. To do this tap on the build number 7 times under software information in the device settings. Then go in the developer options and enable usb debugging.

5. Go here and follow the steps exactly:

Adoptable Storage on LG G5 (Non-Root)

https://www.reddit.com/r/lgg5/comments/ ... 5_nonroot/ (link doesn't load properly, pasting steps instead):

Step 1: USB Debugging Enabled (go to Settings > About > Software info > Tap Build Number 7 times > Go back to main settings page > Developer Options > USB Debugging )
Step 2: Next you will need to have adb installed on your computer
Step 3: Open a command prompt window and type adb shell (with your phone connected and in Picture Transfer mode) This will start an adb shell
Step 4: After the shell has started type the command "sm list-disks" it will respond with something that looks like this: "disk:179,0" this is your SD card's ID
Step 5: Decide whether you want to dedicate 100% of this SD card as Internal Storage, or still have part of it be Portable Storage.
Step 6: Once you've decided, if you want your entire SD card to be Internal Storage then type "sm partition disk:179,0 private" if you want your SD card to be mixed type: "sm partition disk:179,0 mixed 50" 50 being the percentage of space you want dedicated to Internal Storage

6. Once you have done all that, go into your sd card that's now listed as internal in the storage settings. Tap on the three dots at the topic right and choose "migrate data".

7. You're done! Enjoy! :)
Jan 15, 2016
155 posts
30 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Can people suggest ways to make the tablet more responsive? So far I have tried "limit processes = 2" and it had an immediate effect. any other suggestions?
May 18, 2007
500 posts
40 upvotes
Kintaromk2 wrote:
Dec 15th, 2016 5:24 pm
Can people suggest ways to make the tablet more responsive? So far I have tried "limit processes = 2" and it had an immediate effect. any other suggestions?
Where is the place to set this "limit processes"?
Feb 28, 2002
593 posts
82 upvotes
I've took a look at LG's website but there doesn't seem to be an OEM case listed, anyone found one?
Jan 15, 2016
155 posts
30 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
pr3dat0r wrote:
Dec 15th, 2016 5:56 pm
Where is the place to set this "limit processes"?
Under developer options, google on how to access
Sep 1, 2014
388 posts
108 upvotes
Calgary
There was a link to how to expand the storage space in the Fido thread but I cant seem to find it anymore. Anyone have the link?
Mar 22, 2013
902 posts
203 upvotes
Markham
Phanman wrote:
Dec 15th, 2016 6:34 pm
There was a link to how to expand the storage space in the Fido thread but I cant seem to find it anymore. Anyone have the link?
fido-3gb-lte-data-plan-15-mo-back-flami ... #p27147981
====================================

Samsung S8+ (Black)

Koodo Mobile
$55 Unlimited Canada-wide
Unlimited messaging (text & picture)
1000 Intl LD minutes, 8 GB Plan

Mar 22, 2013
902 posts
203 upvotes
Markham
What is the brightness level you guys set your tablet at? I set mine to 20-25% because I can't stand it killing my eyes.

Samsung S8+ (Black)

Koodo Mobile
$55 Unlimited Canada-wide
Unlimited messaging (text & picture)
1000 Intl LD minutes, 8 GB Plan

Sep 6, 2016
43 posts
2 upvotes
Can this tablet run Clash of Clans without any lag?
Someone please post some benchmark test results.
Jun 21, 2008
231 posts
43 upvotes
can people post what they use the lg tab for. i'll start
calls and texts with hangouts,voip.ms and fongo
microsoft office stuff
wunderlist for tasks etc
waze and google maps for navigation
chrome for web browsing
sudoku
banking
keep track of data usage with my account
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2546 posts
379 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
gives my kid something to play angry birds on that isn't my phone. I honestly have no other real use for it.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
15939 posts
1853 upvotes
Anyone have a recommended case for this tablet? I ordered:

But the fit and finish is AWFUL ... in fact, the plastic hard case would not snap shut.

UPDATE: After some poking, prodding, squeezing, everything fit ... The case is on the rough side but I got all the tabs and flaps in place.

The case is definitely a far cry from an Otter Case, but pickings are slim for the LG G Pad III.
Last edited by coolspot on Dec 16th, 2016 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

bylo