LG G Pad III Owners Thread
An attempt to keep the Fido deal thread on topic (i.e. just about the plan).
Feel free to discuss the actual device you got from Fido here.
Dec 15th, 2016 4:50 pm
Dec 15th, 2016 4:59 pm
Guys this explains how to enable adopable storage for this tablet. This has been confirmed to be working. Please note that it will format your micro SD card, and to revert back you will need to factory reset your tablet. This mod will cause the tablet to recognize your micro SD card as internal storage, essentially giving you as much space as you want to install your apps.
Here is what you need to do:
1. Hook up the tablet to your computer via usb.
2. Download and install the drivers from LG. Also download minimal adb and fastboot, just google for it. Then extract it to a folder on your hard drive. Open an elevated command prompt and navigate to that folder you just made. Use this command prompt to complete the reddit steps below.
3. Unplug the gpad from your computer.
4. Enable developer options. To do this tap on the build number 7 times under software information in the device settings. Then go in the developer options and enable usb debugging.
5. Go here and follow the steps exactly:
Adoptable Storage on LG G5 (Non-Root)
https://www.reddit.com/r/lgg5/comments/ ... 5_nonroot/ (link doesn't load properly, pasting steps instead):
Step 1: USB Debugging Enabled (go to Settings > About > Software info > Tap Build Number 7 times > Go back to main settings page > Developer Options > USB Debugging )
Step 2: Next you will need to have adb installed on your computer
Step 3: Open a command prompt window and type adb shell (with your phone connected and in Picture Transfer mode) This will start an adb shell
Step 4: After the shell has started type the command "sm list-disks" it will respond with something that looks like this: "disk:179,0" this is your SD card's ID
Step 5: Decide whether you want to dedicate 100% of this SD card as Internal Storage, or still have part of it be Portable Storage.
Step 6: Once you've decided, if you want your entire SD card to be Internal Storage then type "sm partition disk:179,0 private" if you want your SD card to be mixed type: "sm partition disk:179,0 mixed 50" 50 being the percentage of space you want dedicated to Internal Storage
6. Once you have done all that, go into your sd card that's now listed as internal in the storage settings. Tap on the three dots at the topic right and choose "migrate data".
7. You're done! Enjoy!
Dec 15th, 2016 4:59 pm
Dec 15th, 2016 5:24 pm
Dec 15th, 2016 5:56 pm
Dec 15th, 2016 6:12 pm
Dec 15th, 2016 6:31 pm
Dec 15th, 2016 6:34 pm
Dec 15th, 2016 6:41 pm
fido-3gb-lte-data-plan-15-mo-back-flami ... #p27147981
Dec 15th, 2016 6:43 pm
Dec 15th, 2016 7:38 pm
Dec 15th, 2016 11:36 pm
Dec 16th, 2016 9:12 am
Dec 16th, 2016 9:32 am
Dec 16th, 2016 9:56 am