• Aug 11th, 2017 6:13 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
2209 posts
677 upvotes
Toronto
bylo wrote:
Jan 31st, 2017 12:50 pm
I just got one of these. It fits the LG G Pad quite nicely.
bylo,
Any more info on these? Are they a Dollarama house brand? UPC? Anything that might help ID the product you got?

On edit, went back to the deal thread: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/dollaram ... #p27412202
and see this picture, is this it? https://postimg.cc/image/59zyitltb/
Props brand?
Sep 21, 2014
6 posts
Kitchener, ON
Just updated to "N" and notice that the tablet is now sluggish and worst is whenever I use the camera, the tablet restart.

Went to Fido and see if they have a solution and it turns out that I have to ship it to LG and have LG fix it. Bad thing about it is I have to pay for the shipping. Fido wont cover the shipping.

Any of you guys having this camera issue?
Iphone 6s Plus, Fongo and Fido 3GB plan
Iphone 6s , Fongo and Fido 3GB plan
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
5771 posts
2043 upvotes
Calgary
MyOranges wrote:
Jan 31st, 2017 9:19 pm
Just updated to "N" and notice that the tablet is now sluggish and worst is whenever I use the camera, the tablet restart.

Went to Fido and see if they have a solution and it turns out that I have to ship it to LG and have LG fix it. Bad thing about it is I have to pay for the shipping. Fido wont cover the shipping.

Any of you guys having this camera issue?
Just tested it but mine worked fine with taking pictures. My only issue is not being able to connect to 5G, still looking for a solution.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10126 posts
3080 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
ROYinTO wrote:
Jan 31st, 2017 6:41 pm
Props brand?
Yes. Actually the brand is Digital Treasures and they call it a Props Universal Keyboard Case. The product comes in a nice white box. You'll recognize it when you see it.

IMO this would be a good deal even at $20 to $25. But at $4 it's a steal of a deal.
veni, vidi, Visa
Jan 24, 2017
19 posts
2 upvotes
Fido can give you a lg support phone number to call. You call the lg support number and try the given suggestions . If not successful, lg support will give you instructions to ship the device for fixing. This includes a Purolator account number that you can use without paying for shipment. I shipped mine back last Friday. Good luck.
May 24, 2007
279 posts
62 upvotes
British Columbia
will888 wrote:
Dec 17th, 2016 9:42 am
Don't bother, this tablet like many do not have the hardware to support phone calls. Installing a dialer won't help one bit.
What, are you serious? Ug. Oh well, I guess I should have researched this before hand, I just assumed mobile tablets had a phone option grrrrrrrrr.
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
12903 posts
2851 upvotes
Toronto
Devony wrote:
Feb 1st, 2017 1:56 pm
What, are you serious? Ug. Oh well, I guess I should have researched this before hand, I just assumed mobile tablets had a phone option grrrrrrrrr.
Totally serious.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10126 posts
3080 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Devony wrote:
Feb 1st, 2017 1:56 pm
What, are you serious?
Have you ever seen someone with hands large enough to hold an 8" tablet, let alone a 10" tablet, in one hand?

Have you ever seen someone with an 8" tablet, let alone a 10" tablet, pressed to their ear?

Seriously? ;)
veni, vidi, Visa
May 5, 2008
729 posts
160 upvotes
will888 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2017 2:09 pm

Totally serious.
bylo wrote:
Feb 1st, 2017 2:18 pm
Have you ever seen someone with hands large enough to hold an 8" tablet, let alone a 10" tablet, in one hand?

Have you ever seen someone with an 8" tablet, let alone a 10" tablet, pressed to their ear?

Seriously? ;)
I can hold this tabby in one hand :)
(even if my hands are not particularly big, though probably bigger than trump's :) )

An obvious difference from a cellphone in this tabby is the lack of an ear-piece hardware,
though I still hope that hardware-wise this is the only difference,
and this model is theoretically able to handle voice calls, with proper software/roms,
provided to us by android gurus sometime in the future..
Sep 21, 2014
6 posts
Kitchener, ON
I had that issue too with 5G. Send the Tablet last saturday and we'll see what happens next
Feb 10, 2012
3 posts
HAving the same 5G wifi issues connects no problem via 2.4. LG said to do a hardware reset, but not doing it, the speed difference is minor. I get 36 Mbps with 2.4 and about 50 Mbps on my phone with 5G
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2013
3878 posts
418 upvotes
NORTH YORK
bylo wrote:
Feb 1st, 2017 2:18 pm

Seriously? ;)
I share the same sentiment. I can't even find a 7" tablet of decent quality at all.
For tablet use ( for call) a bt headset is needed
Daniel

Fido $15 3Gb plan
free TextmeUp SMS & incoming call
Sep 21, 2014
6 posts
Kitchener, ON
eric8888 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2017 11:38 am
Fido can give you a lg support phone number to call. You call the lg support number and try the given suggestions . If not successful, lg support will give you instructions to ship the device for fixing. This includes a Purolator account number that you can use without paying for shipment. I shipped mine back last Friday. Good luck.
Shipped the tablet myself to futuretel and fido agreed to pay the shipping fees. Customer service both from Fido and LG are all over the place.

Update 02/04:
recieved the tablet today and base on the paper that comes with the package it states:
1. Replaced Mainboard
2. Replacement (component,module)
All is covered by the warranty