• Apr 23rd, 2017 2:52 am
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
9549 posts
2751 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
dafais wrote:
Feb 4th, 2017 10:52 am
For those of us who can't get the Dollarama keyboard case deal. How does this one look?
You're paying quite a premium for the touchpad feature. Even if you can't find the item in the Dollarama OP, you can buy it from other sources like Amazon or Staples for $25 to $35. Since you're in TO I'd be patient and wait to see if Dollarama replenishes stock.
I would really like a touchpad but is it ridiculous to want that on an 8 inch tablet?
I don't think I'd find the touchpad all that useful in this situation. Initially I began to use this keyboard with an external BT mouse. But now I find it's just as convenient to use my finger on the tablet itself to do "mouse" functions.

The keyboard is very useful because it allows me to type text much more quickly and accurately than I could do with a touch screen. But when I travel I'll probably leave the mouse at home because it's not that useful. But that's just one opinion.
veni, vidi, Visa

Help me boost my Downvote count. Please click 👎 below. Thank you.
Feb 4, 2016
26 posts
2 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Hey all, not very tech savvy but I spotted these micro sd and micro sdxc cards( unsure of the difference) and wondering if they would be ideal for the extra storage on the tablet?

Edit: googled the difference
Images
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2004
1349 posts
24 upvotes
Montreal
Holy c**p that was fast!

So is your 5Ghz issue gone with the tablet on Android N ?
Everyone's out to screw you over....now that's positive thinking! :)
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
15899 posts
1812 upvotes
DarkThugJack wrote:
Feb 5th, 2017 11:25 am
Hey all, not very tech savvy but I spotted these micro sd and micro sdxc cards( unsure of the difference) and wondering if they would be ideal for the extra storage on the tablet?
The Sandisk Ultra is passable, but you should get a Sandisk Extreme or Extreme Plus card for adoptable storage (to run apps). If it's for media storage only, those cards are fine.

If using adoptable storage, buy the fastest random speed card you can get:

Jan 24, 2017
14 posts
2 upvotes
Got my lg pad back from service after 2 weeks. The motherboard was replaced but still have connection problem to 5g wifi if the distance is over 6 or 7 feet. Likely it's nougat issue. Hope for next nougat upgrade will fix this.
Update: while testing Chromecast connection, I reset router, rebooted Chromecast and lg pad, I could not get it going for 2.4g WiFi so I tried 5g wifi and it suddenly can connect to 5g wifi from my living room. May be replacing motherboard did fix up something. But I did the reboot and reset earlier after the lg pad shipped back to me. But it did not work then. Odd but I'm happy now.
Last edited by eric8888 on Feb 13th, 2017 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2002
4882 posts
4791 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have problem with the micro USB power connector? Mine is getting looser and looser and often doesn't register that anything is plugged in or charge, only I really "force" the connection by bending it a bit. This seems to happen with different USB cables does I don't thing it's a plug problem, but a socket problem.

Anyone have similar problems?
Yes, Here's to the few
Who forgive what you do
And the fewer who don't even care.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1352 posts
100 upvotes
eric8888 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2017 3:19 pm
Got my lg pad back from service after 2 weeks. The motherboard was replaced but still have connection problem to 5g wifi if the distance is over 6 or 7 feet. Likely it's nougat issue. Hope for next nougat upgrade will fix this.
Update: while testing Chromecast connection, I reset router, rebooted Chromecast and lg pad, I could not get it going for 2.4g WiFi so I tried 5g wifi and it suddenly can connect to 5g wifi from my living room. May be replacing motherboard did fix up something. But I did the reboot and reset earlier after the lg pad shipped back to me. But it did not work then. Odd but I'm happy now.
I'm on Nougat as well, but I'm not having these 5GHz wifi connection issues. I tried connecting to my 5GHz wifi network from around 13-15 ft away; another test from the farther point in the house and one from a different floor. It connected to the 5GHz network okay and speed tests were at a reasonable speed for my Internet connection.

I'm on Android version 7.0; kernel version 3.10.84; build number NRD90U.
Jan 24, 2017
14 posts
2 upvotes
kitty wrote:
Feb 13th, 2017 10:04 pm
I'm on Nougat as well, but I'm not having these 5GHz wifi connection issues. I tried connecting to my 5GHz wifi network from around 13-15 ft away; another test from the farther point in the house and one from a different floor. It connected to the 5GHz network okay and speed tests were at a reasonable speed for my Internet connection.

I'm on Android version 7.0; kernel version 3.10.84; build number NRD90U.
My lg pad has the same software version info as yours. I don't have the 5g hz wifi connection issue before nougat upgrade when I was on first level or second level of my house. But after upgrade, lg pad can only conect a few feet away from router. I did factory reset and reset my router few times but all failed. Now it is ok after motherboard replacement. Not sure exactly what is the root cause of the problem. If i can root and install a customized rom, then I can tell easily whether it is software problem or not.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1352 posts
100 upvotes
eric8888 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2017 10:33 pm
My lg pad has the same software version info as yours. I don't have the 5g hz wifi connection issue before nougat upgrade when I was on first level or second level of my house. But after upgrade, lg pad can only conect a few feet away from router. I did factory reset and reset my router few times but all failed. Now it is ok after motherboard replacement. Not sure exactly what is the root cause of the problem. If i can root and install a customized rom, then I can tell easily whether it is software problem or not.
I'm wondering if it's a specific combination of the tablet and your router. I'm guessing your router connects perfectly with your other 5GHz devices. Have you tried connecting your tablet to other 5GHz routers?

For reference, my 5GHz routers are a Netgear R6400 (running Tomato) and a Linksys EA2700 (running stock).

We'd all love the chance to root this tablet and run custom ROMs; although I think the only way you'll know for sure if you are able to downgrade to a non-Nougat ROM.
Jan 24, 2017
14 posts
2 upvotes
kitty wrote:
Feb 14th, 2017 8:15 pm
I'm wondering if it's a specific combination of the tablet and your router. I'm guessing your router connects perfectly with your other 5GHz devices. Have you tried connecting your tablet to other 5GHz routers?

For reference, my 5GHz routers are a Netgear R6400 (running Tomato) and a Linksys EA2700 (running stock).

We'd all love the chance to root this tablet and run custom ROMs; although I think the only way you'll know for sure if you are able to downgrade to a non-Nougat ROM.
The issue could be the combination of the tablet and my router (Telus t2200h modem/router and web6000q extender). Yes, my router connects successfully with my other 5G hz devices, including my tv. No, I have not connected my tablet to other 5G Hz router.
My tablet is connecting ok now to 5G Hz wifi. If others are having similar issue, you might want to consider shipping the device back for service.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
2357 posts
624 upvotes
Vancouver
Bingo ! Telus t2200h is crap. I once sent a perfectly good HP laptop back to warranty to have the WiFi replaced because it was having issues connecting to it. Back then I didn't have another router to test it with, and all my other devices were just fine.
Jan 12, 2017
567 posts
79 upvotes
Imo adoptive storage is waste of time... Hardly any apps can be moved to storage... I only moved like 1gb of stuff only... I'm using fast San disk extreme plus 64gb card...also using app mgr pro III APP
Add me on PSN: hubu2017 SFV ps4 aka Mikka1989
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
9549 posts
2751 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
mikka2017 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2017 3:48 am
Imo adoptive storage is waste of time...
What's really needed is a way to root this puppy so we can delete all the bloatware that LG infested this tablet with in the first place. That will free up lots of primary storage and thus mitigate the need for adoptive storage altogether. The problem is that so far no one has found a way to root this tablet.

LG made two stupid design decisions, (a) to install all this bloatware in such a way that it can't be deleted and (b) putting only 16GB of storage in the device. (Well, actually three stupid design decisions if you include going out of their way to make this tablet so hard to root.)
veni, vidi, Visa

Help me boost my Downvote count. Please click 👎 below. Thank you.
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
12362 posts
2569 upvotes
Toronto
bylo wrote:
Feb 15th, 2017 7:33 am
What's really needed is a way to root this puppy so we can delete all the bloatware that LG infested this tablet with in the first place. That will free up lots of primary storage and thus mitigate the need for adoptive storage altogether. The problem is that so far no one has found a way to root this tablet.

LG made two stupid design decisions, (a) to install all this bloatware in such a way that it can't be deleted and (b) putting only 16GB of storage in the device. (Well, actually three stupid design decisions if you include going out of their way to make this tablet so hard to root.)
I hate to disappoint you but deleting the bloatware that sits on the system partition will not free up any space in the user data partition. The ill effects of having a bloated rom that requires a large system partition is an issue that can never really be dealt with unless the partitions are resized.
Last edited by will888 on Feb 15th, 2017 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel