• Oct 21st, 2017 6:47 pm
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
13007 posts
2923 upvotes
Toronto
mikka2017 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2017 3:48 am
Imo adoptive storage is waste of time... Hardly any apps can be moved to storage... I only moved like 1gb of stuff only... I'm using fast San disk extreme plus 64gb card...also using app mgr pro III APP
If adoptable storage was the panacea, you would read a lot more about people doing it to augment the internal storage. Personally, I would not do it.
Oct 19, 2011
342 posts
70 upvotes
will888 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2017 7:54 am
If adoptable storage was the panacea, you would read a lot more about people doing it to augment the internal storage. Personally, I would not do it.
I'm using it. Works fine. Bought a ~90MBs/read and 45MB/s or something write (it was a Samsung card) from BB and it works fine. You can install anything to the SD card, and your tablet should automatically install apps/games to your external storage, but if not, go to Settings>Apps and just move it to your SD card.
Mar 11, 2012
336 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Problem with power up.

I did not use the tablet for a few weeks and could not power it up today. It had 75% in the battery and I tried to charge it and it was fine. Anyone has any idea now to fix this before sending it back to LG?
Feb 27, 2017
2 posts
I'm experiencing either a defect or an unfortunate feature on this tablet (Lg G pad X from T-mobile). I just took delivery of a new one, and while viewing any solid colors besides grey on the screen everything is fine (also no dead pixels), but I'm noticing what appears to be slight backlight flickering/pulsing whenever grey or light blue is shown on the screen. It seems to be PWM (pulse width modulation) of the leds, but I can't be certain it's a defect or just the unfortunate way these tablets' led screens are designed. It's a very subtle but consistent and annoying pulse, but it's definitely there. Can anyone confirm that PWM is what's going on with these tablets or if this is a defective screen. The screen doesn't pulse at all on any other colors solid or only partially filling the screen or otherwise.
Last edited by joko11 on Feb 28th, 2017 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 24, 2017
19 posts
2 upvotes
joko11 wrote:
Feb 28th, 2017 10:43 pm
'm experiencing either a defect or an unfortunate feature on this tablet (Lg G pad X from T-mobile). I just took delivery of a new one, and while viewing any solid colors besides grey on the screen everything is fine (also no dead pixels), but I'm noticing what appears to be slight backlight flickering/pulsing whenever grey or light blue is shown on the screen. It seems to be PWM (pulse width modulation) of the leds, but I can't be certain it's a defect or just the unfortunate way these tablets' led screens are designed. It's a very subtle but consistent and annoying pulse, but it's definitely there. Can anyone confirm that PWM is what's going on with these tablets or if this is a defective screen. The screen doesn't pulse at all on any other colors solid or only partially filling the screen or otherwise.
I looked at one nougat wall paper which has grey and blue color but I don't see any backlight flickering or pulsing on the screen of my lg g pad 3 device.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
2577 posts
728 upvotes
Vancouver
My G Pad keeps repeating some keys when I type, anybody else has this problem ? Is it a software setting ? I'm using the same keyboard (gboard) on all my other devices, the settings are identical everywhere. It's driving me crazy ...
Jan 12, 2017
947 posts
126 upvotes
still no root? i think one of my speakers is going...one side seems louder the other..thats NOT normal right? i might try one of those sound boosting apps..not sure that helps or not
Add me on PSN: hubu2017 SFV ps4 aka Mikka1989
Jan 12, 2017
947 posts
126 upvotes
mcfart wrote:
Feb 16th, 2017 8:37 am
I'm using it. Works fine. Bought a ~90MBs/read and 45MB/s or something write (it was a Samsung card) from BB and it works fine. You can install anything to the SD card, and your tablet should automatically install apps/games to your external storage, but if not, go to Settings>Apps and just move it to your SD card.
u cannot just move any apps to sd card..only a few certain apps can be moved
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
2256 posts
692 upvotes
Toronto
mikka2017 wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 6:17 am
i think one of my speakers is going...one side seems louder the other..thats NOT normal right?
It only has one speaker, so that should be normal,
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
1090 posts
426 upvotes
Vancouver
mikka2017 wrote:
Jan 30th, 2017 3:57 am

i hate how in android, u have to enter 4 digits THEN press the checkmark to get pass the lockscreen...why don't they eliminate that checkmark like how iOS does its lockscreen with pincode (last digit enter > straight into home screen)
Was looking for something else, came across this.

Well, not entirely true.

It is _not_ Android limitation, it’s implementation. On my Zenfone 3 it’s the same as on iOS, just punch the digits in, no “Enter” or anything else, goes to unlock it right away.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".
Jan 12, 2017
947 posts
126 upvotes
max011 wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 1:22 pm
Was looking for something else, came across this.

Well, not entirely true.

It is _not_ Android limitation, it’s implementation. On my Zenfone 3 it’s the same as on iOS, just punch the digits in, no “Enter” or anything else, goes to unlock it right away.
ya it might be certain phones too or certain lockscreen apps dpendent...i havn't tried many to test out tho...its a little hassle but not that PITA
Feb 27, 2017
2 posts
eric8888 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 8:12 pm
I looked at one nougat wall paper which has grey and blue color but I don't see any backlight flickering or pulsing on the screen of my lg g pad 3 device.
I believe this is happening on all these devices. Three people on this thread reported it, and I just got a brand new warranty replacement tablet that exhibits the same pulsing on grey. So it looks like it's just poor design and not necessarily a minor defect. oh well :)
Feb 4, 2016
29 posts
2 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
I tried googling this question but couldn't find an answer and wondering if someone here could help. I was wondering if it was possible to add extensions on chrome on the tablet?
Nov 9, 2009
526 posts
75 upvotes
Picton, ON
Give it a try.
It's a thin line that separates a gourmet from a glutton.
Nov 7, 2008
353 posts
89 upvotes
Vancouver
DarkThugJack wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 7:53 pm
I tried googling this question but couldn't find an answer and wondering if someone here could help. I was wondering if it was possible to add extensions on chrome on the tablet?
It's not possible. However, Firefox for Android has some support for extensions. What are you trying to do?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

txenglan