LG G Pad III Owners Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2017 10:27 am
May 5, 2008
677 posts
146 upvotes
inhaliburton wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 9:19 pm
I didn't mean to be a smart alec. I see posts all the time about idle time. 150 hrs is just over 6 days, which as I said, seems okay to me. If it's sitting around, why not plug it in?

How come this is so important what with being able to plug into cigar lighter in car, power banks, at home should be a no brainer. I can understand if going on a long trip in the bush without any of the things I mentioned.
:) Practically, there isn't probably a big impact,
but this tabby is like a toy to most owners, and people tend to play with their toys, so maximizing battery life is like a game :)
Nov 9, 2009
515 posts
75 upvotes
Picton, ON
I think I get you. It's a nice tablet especially considering that it's a freebee just for signing up for data for a couple of years.
It's a thin line that separates a gourmet from a glutton.
Aug 3, 2007
456 posts
118 upvotes
System UI Tuner

Can anyone please test if you can turn on the System UI Tuner?

Just got one few days ago and its already on Nougat 7.0 fresh out of the box, but couldn't turn on the damm System UI Tuner. I could enable the Developer Options.

Thx.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
1050 posts
410 upvotes
Vancouver
Negative, not working.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".
Aug 3, 2007
456 posts
118 upvotes
max011 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 1:03 pm
Negative, not working.

Thanks for testing it out! I'm guessing Rogers/Fido disabled that feature, but don't know why.....
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1366 posts
104 upvotes
I've got the tablet unlocked, but can't seem to get it to work with FreedomPop nor T-Mobile's Free Data for Life plan. Tried both while physically located in the US (Washington State).

Anyone have a different experience with US SIM cards?
Aug 3, 2007
456 posts
118 upvotes
kitty wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 12:56 am
I've got the tablet unlocked, but can't seem to get it to work with FreedomPop nor T-Mobile's Free Data for Life plan. Tried both while physically located in the US (Washington State).

What do you see on top of the signal bars? a small circle going non stop round and round, a small R or a small triangular?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
1050 posts
410 upvotes
Vancouver
kitty wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 12:56 am

You SURE it's unlocked?!?! Tested in Canada, with some other provider?? [Bell, Wind...]
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1366 posts
104 upvotes
max011 wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 2:03 pm
You SURE it's unlocked?!?! Tested in Canada, with some other provider?? [Bell, Wind...]
In order to unlock the device, you have to insert a non-Fido SIM into the device, and then are prompted to enter the unlock code. I did that the first time, and now when I switch SIMs to my T-Mobile or FreedomPop, I never get the unlock code prompt. So I'm pretty sure it's unlocked. Unfortunately, I don't have any Canadian non-Rogers SIMs readily available to test out.
Jan 9, 2003
320 posts
28 upvotes
Ajax
Did you check your APN settings?

kitty wrote: ↑ I've got the tablet unlocked, but can't seem to get it to work with FreedomPop nor T-Mobile's Free Data for Life plan. Tried both while physically located in the US (Washington State).

Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1366 posts
104 upvotes
hurricane wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 8:14 am
Did you check your APN settings?
Yup, I did check my APN settings. Even took it to a T-Mobile store and they looked at it for like an hour while the in-store associate was talking with their phone tech support. We reset the device, put in a new SIM card, it connects and sees T-Mobile LTE, but the internet service is never activated.

With FreedomPop, see a signal, the cellular icon goes into a search mode (empty signal bars with a swirl icon) and repeats back and forth.

Really need to find someone with a Canadian SIM card to try with. All the ones at my place are Fido or ChatR/Mobilicity.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
1050 posts
410 upvotes
Vancouver
YLSF wrote:
Mar 28th, 2017 1:21 pm
Has anyone ordered both of these Moko cases?

Not sure which one is better.

I am leaning towards this first one:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01EHSMFJO/ref ... _dp_2?th=1

vs this one:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01EHS ... _1_ti?th=1
Just the question of design; your first choice is a "snap-on" case type. I also like these more and have one like that. But maybe less practical [and shorter living?] if you have to take it off often..?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
3796 posts
528 upvotes
Kingston
YLSF wrote:
Mar 28th, 2017 1:21 pm
Has anyone ordered both of these Moko cases?

Not sure which one is better.

I am leaning towards this first one:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01EHSMFJO/ref ... _dp_2?th=1

vs this one:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01EHS ... _1_ti?th=1
Just looked at a couple reviews. Here's one For the second model:
it's hard to access the home menu (the border is too close to the screen)