LG G Pad III Owners Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2018 10:23 am
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
7808 posts
471 upvotes
Scarborough
I just got the eBay case from earlier link in this thread, much better than Moko case. It is less bulky which made the tablet lighter while holding. It is sent by HK Post unlike 2 months from China.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9108 posts
806 upvotes
GTA
Menace wrote:
Apr 4th, 2017 9:42 pm
I just got the eBay case from earlier link in this thread.............
There have been a number of mentions of cases from ebay, can you provide a link?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
1692 posts
615 upvotes
Vancouver
YLSF wrote:
Apr 4th, 2017 11:24 pm
There have been a number of mentions of cases from ebay, can you provide a link?
I got this one from ebay: Black Not as cheap as ones form China, BUT coming from New York within 2 weeks, is pretty thin and excellent snap-fit for the tablet. You get a touch-pen and cheap plastic screen protector for free. [However, IMHO you dont really need real temper glass protector with cases like this that already are protecting the screen.] Generally, very happy with the deal.

Need to say, I got it months ago, when the sellection on Amazon was not anything to talk about...
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
1238 posts
306 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
So my wifi is really spotty with this device. Sitting literally right beside the router, and it drops quite frequently. Shows "disabled" on the wifi networks screen. None of my other devices have this issue (but this is my first android device.. well, not quite true, I do have the Shield android tv and a chromecast).
Took it back to best buy and they're suggesting just exchanging it.

What I'm wondering is:
1) Is there anything I can do to fix/troubleshoot the wifi on this device?
2) How can I backup everything, such that if I do a swap.. I won't lose anything (it might sound trivial.. but I *particularly* don't want to lose any progress in the Card Wars game.. I've already put quite a few hours into it)
Happy Canada Day!
Jan 10, 2017
811 posts
333 upvotes
GTA
Menace wrote:
Apr 5th, 2017 8:15 am
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/361619584066?_tr ... EBIDX%3AIT

I ordered Mar 3, and got it yesterday (April 4).
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01EHS ... UTF8&psc=1
This is the faster shipping equivalent of the same case only in black.
Information Security Analyst
---
Fido $15/3GB (100% discount including overages 12 months) + voip.ms $1/M + 3cx PBX voip push client $0 + Google Server vps $0 = $16/Month ($1/Month including promotion rate) voip solution with no battery drain.
Thread
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
1692 posts
615 upvotes
Vancouver
max011 wrote:
Apr 5th, 2017 3:44 am
I got this one from ebay: Black Not as cheap as ones form China, BUT coming from New York within 2 weeks, is pretty thin and excellent snap-fit for the tablet. You get a touch-pen and cheap plastic screen protector for free. [However, IMHO you dont really need real temper glass protector with cases like this that already are protecting the screen.] Generally, very happy with the deal.

Need to say, I got it months ago, when the sellection on Amazon was not anything to talk about...
And, BTW, this case has all the buttons on left side free and uncovered.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1353 posts
352 upvotes
TheImp wrote:
Apr 5th, 2017 6:08 am
So my wifi is really spotty with this device. Sitting literally right beside the router, and it drops quite frequently. Shows "disabled" on the wifi networks screen. None of my other devices have this issue (but this is my first android device.. well, not quite true, I do have the Shield android tv and a chromecast).
Took it back to best buy and they're suggesting just exchanging it.

What I'm wondering is:
1) Is there anything I can do to fix/troubleshoot the wifi on this device?
2) How can I backup everything, such that if I do a swap.. I won't lose anything (it might sound trivial.. but I *particularly* don't want to lose any progress in the Card Wars game.. I've already put quite a few hours into it)

It seems all of these LG tablets have a wifi problem (software glitch likely?).
Especially aggravated after Nougat update (but it was there before on MM, as I recollect now).
It required to keep "wifi on when screen is off" option ticked, for wifi to be stable, otherwise it was disconnecting frequently..

Overall, it looks like a software glitch that might be fixed either with following updage, or with rooting,
so I'm thinking now about donating to "root bounty" at xda... :)
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
1692 posts
615 upvotes
Vancouver
I didn't update it, and have zero WiFi problems... Probably not going to update before it's fixed, I think...
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1353 posts
352 upvotes
max011 wrote:
Apr 6th, 2017 1:34 pm
I didn't update it, and have zero WiFi problems... Probably not going to update before it's fixed, I think...
ya, it was a mistake to upgrade. However, the wifi trouble still occured with Marshmallow,
when the option "wifi on when screen is off" was turned OFF. Do you have it ON or OFF?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
1692 posts
615 upvotes
Vancouver
Tichi wrote:
Apr 6th, 2017 5:58 pm
ya, it was a mistake to upgrade. However, the wifi trouble still occured with Marshmallow,
when the option "wifi on when screen is off" was turned OFF. Do you have it ON or OFF?
It's on "YES" and automatic switch to mobile data is off. I keep it in airplane mode all the time, turning WiFi and Data on/off when needed. Now, I drag this thingy with me everywhere and once it memorises WiFi connection, it never had problem reconnecting and/or dropping it [maybe a few places, but my phone also having problems connecting there, so it's a router problems].
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1353 posts
352 upvotes
max011 wrote:
Apr 6th, 2017 7:13 pm
It's on "YES" and automatic switch to mobile data is off. I keep it in airplane mode all the time, turning WiFi and Data on/off when needed. Now, I drag this thingy with me everywhere and once it memorises WiFi connection, it never had problem reconnecting and/or dropping it [maybe a few places, but my phone also having problems connecting there, so it's a router problems].
Thanks, it all makes sense then. For me , wifi is also stable when the wifi setting is constantly ON during sleep. The only drawback of this setting is short battery life of 150 hours or so vs 1000 hours with wifi OFF, but I'm guessing it is not surprising. So, the wifi glitch is not so grave after all..
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
4111 posts
666 upvotes
Kingston
max011 wrote:
Apr 1st, 2017 2:02 pm

Ordered on Feb. 2nd... Still waiting too...

Slow boat from China <sigh> Smiling Face With Open Mouth
cats_on_burners wrote:
Mar 31st, 2017 11:41 pm
I ordered the tempered glass in late January. I still haven't received it yet. I'll let the thread know once I get my package.
Did anyone get their tempered glass yet? How is it, and where did you order from???
I had ordered an "LG G Pad 8.0 Tablet Screen Protector" from xtremeguard and was about to put it on today. Noticed the camera hole doesnt line up :(

I was looking at this one on Amazon and it also is on the wrong side:
https://www.amazon.ca/Protector-IVSO-Ul ... E09C1SYEHG

Do I need to be searching for a specific model? The Cdn LG GPad 3 must be different?
Oct 13, 2014
155 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone figured out how to downgrade from 7.0 to 6.0? Tried LG flash tool with no sucess. The wifi is dogshit, won't connect to 5ghz, constantly dropping connection while my phone and laptop right next to it have no problems. I'm going to Fido to have them send it back to LGLfor repair or atleast downgrade it.