Concave and convex,
It could please either sex,
And it played with itself in between.
(But, oh, what a bastard to clean!)

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... XrULSr306M
May 15, 2017
41 posts
7 upvotes
Does anyone know if this tablet will get the idea update? I read there's a way to get it already but i rather wait for lg to send the update out if they will.
Oct 19, 2011
377 posts
88 upvotes
Idea update? What did you read on getting it?
May 15, 2017
41 posts
7 upvotes
Sorry was half asleep when I typed it out lol. The Oreo update, when you Google it there is write ups to get it on the g pad iii but obviously it's not the official release from lg. Just wondering if lg will push it to this tablet
Oct 19, 2011
377 posts
88 upvotes
I'm pretty sure that's only for the rooted v521 USA version. The bootloader on the Canadian v522 is locked so we can't install Oreo toll it's pushed out by lg and Fido.
May 15, 2017
41 posts
7 upvotes
Fair enough but is there anywhere posted from lg saying we will get this update? Specs on this should be good enough to support it
Oct 19, 2011
377 posts
88 upvotes
Hemi558 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 4:47 pm
Fair enough but is there anywhere posted from lg saying we will get this update? Specs on this should be good enough to support it
Prob not getting it :(. There's now the g pad iv which will prob get it over this (even tho they have same specs but iv has smaller battery). This tablet was lucky to get nougat...
Feb 11, 2017
62 posts
30 upvotes
I'm looking for keyboard cases recommendations for this tablet. Something decent and not too expensive! Anyone bought one they're happy with?
May 5, 2008
903 posts
207 upvotes
Ah1800 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 1:12 pm
I'm looking for keyboard cases recommendations for this tablet. Something decent and not too expensive! Anyone bought one they're happy with?
Typing on a physical keyboard cramped to an 8 in size is a pain in the you know where :)

I'd suggest using a regualr bleutooth/wifi keyboard, like logitech k400, or using the on-screen one in the field :)
May 5, 2008
903 posts
207 upvotes
mcfart wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 3:09 am
Prob not getting it :(. There's now the g pad iv which will prob get it over this (even tho they have same specs but iv has smaller battery). This tablet was lucky to get nougat...
It is still very good on Nougat. I'd never exchange it for Gpad 4!
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
2412 posts
373 upvotes
Not that there weren't already plenty of potentially-exploitable vulnerabilities on this thing but with the advent of Krack, I think I'll be retiring this tablet. I'm really getting tired of the mess Google has made of Android security. I've also had to move to Lineage OS for the same reasons on my LG V20 since LG has already abandoned it less than a year after it was released.
Jul 15, 2003
409 posts
39 upvotes
txenglan wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 6:18 pm
Not that there weren't already plenty of potentially-exploitable vulnerabilities on this thing but with the advent of Krack, I think I'll be retiring this tablet. I'm really getting tired of the mess Google has made of Android security. I've also had to move to Lineage OS for the same reasons on my LG V20 since LG has already abandoned it less than a year after it was released.
Yeah, I'm a little worried about the WPA Krack vulnerability as well. Has LG mentioned if they have stopped updates for our tablet?
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2013
4171 posts
472 upvotes
NORTH YORK
txenglan wrote:
But the tablet has a huge advantage on form factor alone. I hate anything larger than that. Ideally I would rather have it 7" - a handholdable (or pocketable) type of device. 10" to me is nuts as a tablet.
I still have to see a real challenge (in size, bang for the buck.....) on the market against LG pad III at all
Daniel

Fido $15 3Gb plan
free TextmeUp SMS/MMS/incoming call
Oct 19, 2011
377 posts
88 upvotes
txenglan wrote:
You do realize that KRACK's actual exploit hasen't been released yet? Also, they have to literally be within wifi range to sniff your unencrypted traffic.

Make sure your home router has been patched. Even if not, it's not a big deal since anything over https is safe. Or a VPN. Even Youtube uses https so nobody can sniff what Youtube videos you watch :).
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
2412 posts
373 upvotes
mcfart wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 8:26 pm
You do realize that KRACK's actual exploit hasen't been released yet? Also, they have to literally be within wifi range to sniff your unencrypted traffic.

Make sure your home router has been patched. Even if not, it's not a big deal since anything over https is safe. Or a VPN. Even Youtube uses https so nobody can sniff what Youtube videos you watch :).
The specific instance of the exploit the researcher worked on doesn't need to be "released" in order for this to be a huge deal but what's more there are already tools floating around that can be used to take advantage of this vulnerability. Even if this wasn't the case, I'm not going to sit around waiting for LG to actually release a patch. Given that this tablet is already almost a year out of date patch-wise, I'd say it's a good indication that the 522 version is effectively dead to LG.

My home routers are already patched but they weren't nearly as important as the clients that connect to them since they are operating only as APs.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

mcfart