• Nov 18th, 2017 4:08 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2013
4171 posts
472 upvotes
NORTH YORK
danieltoronto wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 7:39 am
. If we use the SIM and got virus, I sue Rogers.
bylo wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 9:40 am
That's not what you actually said even though it may be what you actually meant.
I specifically said that.
Daniel

Fido $15 3Gb plan
free TextmeUp SMS/MMS/incoming call
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10552 posts
3359 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
In any case read my subsequent sentence, "In any case it doesn't matter." It still doesn't matter. Your attempt to sue Robbers will fail.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
2648 posts
772 upvotes
Vancouver
So, nobody wants to get rid of her/his tablet for $10 ? Not even @txenglan ? I have no PMs yet ...
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
2413 posts
373 upvotes
charlesd79 wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 3:10 pm
So, nobody wants to get rid of her/his tablet for $10 ? Not even @txenglan ? I have no PMs yet ...
No thanks. I'm using mine as a paperweight right now. It's very nice.
May 15, 2017
41 posts
7 upvotes
Mine's still chugging along just fine. Sitting on the couch and typing on it as we speak
Oct 19, 2011
381 posts
88 upvotes
charlesd79 wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 3:10 pm
Lol gl buddy. I love my g pad 3 tho :). I got an Xperia xa1 ultra for a good deal as well, but the g pad's LCD is top notch. Still using it and hotspotting from my phone when out and about lol
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2004
3255 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto
How does this stack up against the Samsung Galaxy Tab E (8")? Both are available on Kijiji etc. for around the same price, generally by people who got them as part of a cellular data deal.

I need to replace my existing (aging) Android tablet in this size range and don't use tablets enough to justify getting another Rolls-Royce model. Just wondering where the best bang-for-the-buck is in inexpensive tablets.
May 15, 2017
41 posts
7 upvotes
Honestly? This tablet wipes the floor of the tab e. Faster cpu, more ram, better GPU, twice the screen resolution that's also an ips laminated display vs TFT of the tab e, plus a tough and scratch resistant dragontrail glass and I don't even know if the tab e is getting nougat

I would definitely take this over a tab e
May 5, 2008
904 posts
207 upvotes
Hemi558 wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 2:16 am
Honestly? This tablet wipes the floor of the tab e. Faster cpu, more ram, better GPU, twice the screen resolution that's also an ips laminated display vs TFT of the tab e, plus a tough and scratch resistant dragontrail glass and I don't even know if the tab e is getting nougat

I would definitely take this over a tab e
.. wipes the floor BY the tab e? :)
Oct 19, 2011
381 posts
88 upvotes
Ya just looking at the specs sheet it's obvious that the tab E is significantly slower. Less RAM slower processer and GPU lower resolution (which matters on an 8 inch device).

It apparently has 7.1 tho lol, whereas the G Pad is stuck @ 7.0. Still I hope the G pad 3 gets Oreo!
Aug 22, 2009
655 posts
64 upvotes
Would this be a good option for school age children?

Looking for a tablet option for school programs (abc mouse, math prodigy, etc)

Something they can grow into and eventually load other apps: Facebook, Netflix, etc.
May 15, 2017
41 posts
7 upvotes
My daughter uses it for ABC mouse all the time and loves it. Has the odd glitch here and there but overall works well for it
Aug 22, 2009
655 posts
64 upvotes
Hemi558 wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 7:43 am
My daughter uses it for ABC mouse all the time and loves it. Has the odd glitch here and there but overall works well for it
Cool, thanks.

Is there any other tablet I should be looking at? Obviously Ipad is in the running, but I don't have a Mac computer and I don't know if the price tag is justifiable.