Computers & Electronics

LG G Pad III Owners Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 4:08 pm
May 15, 2017
41 posts
7 upvotes
I definitely feel this tablet is a hidden gem, considering I use an iPhone 8 as a daily driver, I still feel the performance of this tablet is great and definitely a good investment for under $200. I can see it lasting a few years of taken care of.
Oct 19, 2011
377 posts
88 upvotes
Hemi558 wrote:
Oct 28th, 2017 8:35 pm
I definitely feel this tablet is a hidden gem, considering I use an iPhone 8 as a daily driver, I still feel the performance of this tablet is great and definitely a good investment for under $200. I can see it lasting a few years of taken care of.
Eh the performance is probably nothing compared to an iPhone, but it has a nice screen & form factor for media consumption. Plus, the price is right!
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10529 posts
3342 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Also great battery life.

Plus, the price the right ;)
veni, vidi, Visa
May 15, 2017
41 posts
7 upvotes
mcfart wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 11:00 pm
Eh the performance is probably nothing compared to an iPhone, but it has a nice screen & form factor for media consumption. Plus, the price is right!
Not saying it's all like my iPhone 8, but saying considering my daily driver is an iPhone 8, I don't feel bothered by the performance when switching over to this tablet. Great for web browsing and facebook and watching movies.
Oct 19, 2011
377 posts
88 upvotes
Hemi558 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 7:44 am
Not saying it's all like my iPhone 8, but saying considering my daily driver is an iPhone 8, I don't feel bothered by the performance when switching over to this tablet. Great for web browsing and facebook and watching movies.
Agreed! 8 inches is perfect for those tasks. I have a phone with better specs as well, but I'm in love with this thing for media consumption. Plus the LCD is better calibrated than my phone's lol
Aug 19, 2016
742 posts
259 upvotes
Mine broke. The thing won't start. Kept on cycling from the starting up phase, forever. Until battery ran out.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2005
2725 posts
144 upvotes
GVR
CollegeGraduate wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 8:14 am
Mine broke. The thing won't start. Kept on cycling from the starting up phase, forever. Until battery ran out.
Sounds like you have a bootloop issue.
I am having issues with mine as well. Mine may have phantom touch issue. It would go back to the previous webpage when browsing, or pause videos on all media players.
My Heatware - My Heatware
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
2058 posts
607 upvotes
Toronto
CollegeGraduate wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 8:14 am
Have you tried warranty repair?
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless & Home phone, Fido Tablet Plan + Knowroaming sticker
Carry Tel 25M Fiber
May 5, 2008
899 posts
206 upvotes
So, the 3GB/15$ tablet plan from FIDO is up again for the Holiday Season!

Are we expecting a repeat of a complimentary free LG Pad III deal again,
together with the plan above?

I'd not mind to get both again :)
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
1119 posts
435 upvotes
Vancouver
Tichi wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 3:30 pm
So, the 3GB/15$ tablet plan from FIDO is up again for the Holiday Season!
For Fido existing customers only - and it's ongoing for a long time already - or [again] open for all??
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
2083 posts
1475 upvotes
Toronto
anyone else experiencing phantom touches that happen occasionally?

note that I played a lot of hearthstone on mine so wear-and-tear could be the reason...

like when I try to type "Mop", it would type "wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwmwwwwwwwwwwwwop" or something like that.

also, phantom touches cause some apps to start without me...

really annoying.
It's always good to be underestimated.---Donald Trump

I never downvote anyone and I try to help everyone.
May 15, 2017
41 posts
7 upvotes
No issues here for that. I find sometimes my touch doesn't always register when I go to hit the home button
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
1119 posts
435 upvotes
Vancouver
Glancealot wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 11:46 am
anyone else experiencing phantom touches that happen occasionally?

note that I played a lot of hearthstone on mine so wear-and-tear could be the reason...

like when I try to type "Mop", it would type "wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwmwwwwwwwwwwwwop" or something like that.

also, phantom touches cause some apps to start without me...

really annoying.
Nope. Never.

It's very accurate and responsive actually... [and I have 2 of them..]
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".
May 15, 2017
41 posts
7 upvotes
Anyone have kids that use this tablet for mine craft? This tablet is quickly becoming the popular one in the house over the iPad 2 and the galaxy tab a. The iPad 2 is definitely showing it’s age and the 9 year old can’t even get his mine craft to run anymore without crashing. I was looking into picking up another one of these on Craigslist but I was wondering if this would handle running minecaft decently enough?

Not looking to drop $500 on a new iPad right now, but I want my tablet back, kids are taking it over! Lol
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2007
3045 posts
1235 upvotes
Calgary
Any local stores carry cases?
I love my Koodo account.