• Dec 15th, 2017 2:58 pm
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
13270 posts
3041 upvotes
Toronto
Tichi wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 6:51 pm
Oh, damn.. Just got a Gpad IV. If I only knew that Gpad III was still available... Seems much better tabby overall ...
You are really stocking up on these tablets. I think I will skip this edition as the one from last year is still working like new. Let's hope version 5 will be a betterment rather than steps sideways and backwards.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
7778 posts
1248 upvotes
London
I like the regular USB connection on the 3, I heard the 4 does not have it.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1007 posts
237 upvotes
will888 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 7:10 pm
You are really stocking up on these tablets. I think I will skip this edition as the one from last year is still working like new. Let's hope version 5 will be a betterment rather than steps sideways and backwards.
:) I just needed another 3GB fido plan, and why not get it with a free tabby?
I have a feeling that this one will be sold, to finance a half of the plan cost over 2 years. ;)
May 15, 2017
47 posts
9 upvotes
apvm wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 11:54 am
I like the regular USB connection on the 3, I heard the 4 does not have it.
That is correct, have to buy that speaker accessory to get the full size usb. Definitely a downgrade tablet this year
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
3131 posts
505 upvotes
Vancouver
I like the docking option on the IV. I recall when my original Nexus 7's USB port wore out that this was the way to keep it charged and I continued to use it for another 2 years.

Nov 9, 2009
609 posts
89 upvotes
Picton, ON
Does anyone know of deals on the IV docking system?
It's a thin line that separates a gourmet from a glutton.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7683 posts
1383 upvotes
So can somebody do some test for me in regards to the touch screen accuracy. In certain apps (clash of clans or 3C Battery monitor) some touches are not registering. Have a press multiple times. In the main menu and other apps it seems fine. No problem when typing on the keyboard either. So it seems to be based on certain apps.

When I got it a year ago, the original tablet had the exact same issues, then I exchanged it with a new one, and it's identical, and had it since then. Only now I thought of writing this again. I still use the original firmware and I would hate doing any sort of upgrades.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2005
2738 posts
147 upvotes
GVR
Pretty pissed off right now. LG told me to submit my tablet in to FutureTel for a warranty repair as it was showing phantom/ghosting touches. Received response from FutureTel: customer tampered - mainboard rooted. They wanted me to pay $350+ in repair fees or pay $35 analysis fee to have the device returned or they will keep it. This is a nightmare. Why should I be responsible for something that I did not do? This is very unethical and makes you think twice before buying an LG product.
My Heatware - My Heatware
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10832 posts
3533 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
coolman217 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:35 am
FutureTel: customer tampered - mainboard rooted... Why should I be responsible for something that I did not do?
So was the G Pad actually rooted or is this just a lame excuse? If you had it since new then you'd know. If you bought it used then that's the risk you take.
They wanted me to pay $350+ in repair fees or pay $35 analysis fee to have the device returned or they will keep it. This is a nightmare. This is very unethical and makes you think twice before buying an LG product.
If you know for sure that the tablet wasn't rooted or otherwise tampered with then I'd call LG back to make a complaint. If that fails, go to your local media's consumer affairs reporter and see if they can help. Ellen Roseman of Toronto Star does that regularly, including with LG, and usually gets fast results. I have no idea who her counterpart is in GVR,.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2005
2738 posts
147 upvotes
GVR
bylo wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 7:52 am
So was the G Pad actually rooted or is this just a lame excuse? If you had it since new then you'd know. If you bought it used then that's the risk you take.

If you know for sure that the tablet wasn't rooted or otherwise tampered with then I'd call LG back to make a complaint. If that fails, go to your local media's consumer affairs reporter and see if they can help. Ellen Roseman of Toronto Star does that regularly, including with LG, and usually gets fast results. I have no idea who her counterpart is in GVR,.
I signed up on a 2 year agreement with Fido. This was a completely brand new device. It was never rooted or tampered with but somehow, FutureTel claimed I messed with it. I've reached out to LG which they need some time before getting back to me and I am still very upset about this false accusation.

Thank you for the info. I will check with Ellen Roseman and see if she has a counterpart in BC.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10832 posts
3533 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
P.S. FutureTel services phones for most major manufacturers and carriers. The Internet (and RFD) is full of horror stories about them, e.g. Terrible experiences with LG Support and Futuretel.

So also try CBC's Go Public. If they get enough complaints about FutureTel and their carriers' then maybe they'll do a national story about these sorts of disgraceful behaviour.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2005
2738 posts
147 upvotes
GVR
bylo wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 8:56 am
P.S. FutureTel services phones for most major manufacturers and carriers. The Internet (and RFD) is full of horror stories about them, e.g. Terrible experiences with LG Support and Futuretel.

So also try CBC's Go Public. If they get enough complaints about FutureTel and their carriers' then maybe they'll do a national story about these sorts of disgraceful behaviour.
Thank you Bylo for the information. I have reached out to Ellen and Go Public.
Dec 30, 2008
638 posts
248 upvotes
There is no root for the lg g pad 3 or 4. The claim that you rooted your device is 100% bull.