LG G Pad III Owners Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2019 9:59 am
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
6492 posts
2373 upvotes
Calgary
I probably should do a factory reset too because the tablet is getting slower and slower and battery drains itself overnight like crazy. I don't even use it daily.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
2135 posts
930 upvotes
Vancouver
althetrainer wrote:
Aug 9th, 2018 2:11 pm
I probably should do a factory reset too because the tablet is getting slower and slower and battery drains itself overnight like crazy. I don't even use it daily.
Never hurts... Solves lot of problems... Just make sure to back everything you need up
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
6492 posts
2373 upvotes
Calgary
max011 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2018 3:53 pm
Never hurts... Solves lot of problems... Just make sure to back everything you need up
I didn't install anything since the day I got it, but it's still getting slower and slower. The fact that we can't use 5G with it is very annoying.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
5777 posts
209 upvotes
Vancouver
bylo wrote:
Aug 9th, 2018 12:57 pm
Settings -> Backup & reset -> Factory data reset. Then follow the instructions.
Will this get rid of pre-installed apps that i can't remove?
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
14606 posts
7007 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Narci wrote:
Aug 9th, 2018 6:22 pm
Will this get rid of pre-installed apps that i can't remove?
No. You're stuck with that SamsungLG Shit™
Last edited by bylo on Aug 10th, 2018 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
2135 posts
930 upvotes
Vancouver
bylo wrote:
Aug 9th, 2018 9:12 pm
No. You're stuck with that Samsung Shit™
Never seen Samsung $hit working on LG... :))))
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".
Mar 18, 2013
215 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have a problem with the default keyboard in portrait mode when pressing the 1 key? When I do it on mine it causes the keyboard to disappear, but when I try it in landscape it works. Anyone else experience this issue and have a possible solution?
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1618 posts
329 upvotes
astrotrain wrote:
Jun 26th, 2018 3:44 pm
I am experiencing a screwed up battery indicator on my g pad 3. It is inaccurate, takes hours to go down from 100% and after I say 50% battery indicator the tablet's battery is dead, need to recharge. Anyone experience this on their device? not sure what is causing this but after I did the adoptable storage trick posted on this thread the issue appeared weeks after.
After months of this screwed up batt indicator it rectified itself. battery would go crazy below 50% mark, dropped down to zero in minutes like usual. Plugged the power cable overnight, somehow the power cable got detached from power bar so it drew no power overnight. Plugged cable back in to recharge to 100%, now indicator shows steady normal draw down, battery seems reset, not stuck at 100% like b4. Craziest quark I seen on any device I owned. lol
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3088 posts
1118 upvotes
Vancouver
This tablet was nice at the beginning, now, after almost 2 years, it's a piece of crap.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1424 posts
143 upvotes
It's really the low RAM (1.5GB) on the device that is its downfall. I've been using mine quite heavily (at home only) since I got it in Nov 2017, it's been running quite well. No issues with battery life.

Mostly, I do browsing, reddit, RFD, Youtube videos, Facebook, Slack. It's painfully slow on the Score app though.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3088 posts
1118 upvotes
Vancouver
kitty wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 1:39 am
It's really the low RAM (1.5GB) on the device that is its downfall.
The hardware specs are still ok, that's not what I'm complaining about, but I have issues with the battery and the touchscreen that drive me crazy.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
658 upvotes
NORTH YORK
kitty wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 1:39 am
It's really the low RAM (1.5GB) on the device that is its downfall. I've been using mine quite heavily (at home only) since I got it in Nov 2017, it's been running quite well. No issues with battery life.

Mostly, I do browsing, reddit, RFD, Youtube videos, Facebook, Slack. It's painfully slow on the Score app though.
Agreed
I use it mainly as a media player with 2 TB of SD card size. The sim is permanently in my cell for sometimes.
Daniel

Fido $0 3Gb LTE + overage plan until Feb 2019
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
14606 posts
7007 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
charlesd79 wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 1:28 am
This tablet was nice at the beginning, now, after almost 2 years, it's a piece of crap.
How so? My wife uses the LG Pad III for Gmail, Gcal and surfing while we travel. It works fine for her. This tablet was never a powerhouse, even when brand new. But for basic tasks it still works just fine. Even better that it cost us nothing out of pocket.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1424 posts
143 upvotes
charlesd79 wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 2:06 am
The hardware specs are still ok, that's not what I'm complaining about, but I have issues with the battery and the touchscreen that drive me crazy.
I was the one complaining about the hardware specs Smiling Face With Open Mouth

I can understand how battery and touchscreen issues would be annoying, though.

I have the Chuwi Vi8 tablet that is great, except is has battery issues too. It just dies spontaneously if you unplug it. Now it's just an oversized hard-wired Harmony touchscreen remote control.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3088 posts
1118 upvotes
Vancouver
bylo wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 11:15 am
How so? My wife uses the LG Pad III for Gmail, Gcal and surfing while we travel. It works fine for her.
The touchscreen seems to be off by a couple of millimeters. It wasn't always like this. It's fine when you watch movies or read the news, but clicking the "like" button in the Facebook app or anything that requires precision is a nightmare for me. Also, in the Facebook app, when sharing a post the orientation turns from landscape to portrait automatically. It's little quirks like these that drive me crazy, one day I'll just smack it against the wall Smiling Face With Open Mouth