• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2015 4:10 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 14, 2005
445 posts
53 upvotes

LG G3 Cell phone hardware issues - advice needed

I bought a new LG G3 through Rogers in Sept, 2014 and have been using it since. Last week it started to power off on it's own and would not turn on wifi or bluetooth at all. I replaced the battery, and hard reset the phone on two separate occasions, however the issue continues to persist. I called LG and they said there isn't much they can do as the warranty is only for one year. I went in to Rogers and they unsuccessfully tried to diagnose and resolve the issue. They advised that I can sent it out for repair through them and that a $30 charge would be issued just for sending it out. They also advised that I walk through the mall and see if i can find any booths who might offer to fix it. The phone is only a little over a year old and it's quite frustrating working with Rogers. I would appreciate any advice.
3 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13840 posts
5545 upvotes
Ontario
Possible water/liquid damage?

other then that you have already confirmed its not a battery issue. Also does not seem to be a software issue either. So there is a good chance it could be a bad motherboard in which case its probably not something simple or cheap to repair if you have a company try and fix it.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6990 upvotes
GTA
Perhaps try flashing a new ROM? Is the G3 up to the latest firmware?
Jan 14, 2005
445 posts
53 upvotes
no damage to the phone....wasn't dropped or no water damage. I will look up flashing the ROM....thanks guys!