• Jul 21st, 2017 1:45 am
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
7066 posts
7540 upvotes
embguy wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 4:09 pm
No luck today.
The CSR was trying to change it but was not successful. He put me on hold to check to talk to someone. I was told to wait 90 days compared to 30 days yesterday. Try it again tomorrow.
i received an email this afternoon saying that I changed my plan to seasonal hold on the second account starting tomorrow. I will know tomorrow whether I am on the seasonal hold for the second line or not.

I self-refer to the second line using different email address. But both lines are in 2 different accounts. I called in yesterday on the first account initially and I was told to wait 30 days. When I called today to switch the second account initially. CSR switched the second account to seasonal hold. Then, I request CSR to switch my first account. He told me he could not switch the first account. Is there any chance that the yesterday CSR locked the first account so that the today CSR was not able to switch the first account.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
1x Chatr(Mobilicity) $30 plan, 1x 7-11 Speakout, 2x Koodo $28 plan, $0 FPL home phone
1x Zoomer $36 plan, 1x Zoomer $94.50 family plan for 3 numbers, 1x Zoomer $16.20 plan
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
7066 posts
7540 upvotes
I called around 1:30pm today and I received the confirmation email at 4:28pm.
1x Chatr(Mobilicity) $30 plan, 1x 7-11 Speakout, 2x Koodo $28 plan, $0 FPL home phone
1x Zoomer $36 plan, 1x Zoomer $94.50 family plan for 3 numbers, 1x Zoomer $16.20 plan
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3714 posts
366 upvotes
Ottawa
titaniumtux wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 4:00 pm
Credit check is only done once, when you open the account. The trick is to keep the account alive by adding lines before you cancel your last one so you always keep cycling active service.

If your account is new, you can only go up to three lines with Koodo. Once you've been an account holder for over 90 days, you can burst up to five or six lines.

Strange, they always do it effective immediately for me. I guess depends on who you talk to...
just so i understand, if i have an account with just 1 line which i m keeping for just 3 months, and if i want to get another line without a credit check, i should add the new line to this active account. So now, i will have 2 lines in this 1 account.
And by the end of 3 months, I can just cancel the first line in the account and keep the account still alive with the second line?

Now, i understand that for each line in the account, I can potentially get $300 in referral credits. So now by adding 1 or more lines into this account, how will the referral credit be tracked?

Also, can i still benefit from self referrals while adding new line to my existing account?
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
2x koodo $30 plan, 2x koodo $28
[OP]
May 8, 2009
1788 posts
479 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 12:33 am
just so i understand, if i have an account with just 1 line which i m keeping for just 3 months, and if i want to get another line without a credit check, i should add the new line to this active account. So now, i will have 2 lines in this 1 account.
And by the end of 3 months, I can just cancel the first line in the account and keep the account still alive with the second line?

Now, i understand that for each line in the account, I can potentially get $300 in referral credits. So now by adding 1 or more lines into this account, how will the referral credit be tracked?

Also, can i still benefit from self referrals while adding new line to my existing account?
Gonna call a newly activated line as a newborn, a 90 day old line (or nearing 90 days) a grandpa.
Here's the scoop:
* Roll in a newborn to your Koodo account just before you cancel out your grandpa. No credit checks required for adding a newborn to an existing account
* As long as your account is active for at least 90 days, you can have up to five or six lines on your account, meaning in a single month, you can have quintuplets or sextoplets if you plan it that way
* Each newborn can get $300 referral credits per calendar year (per head). If you wanna refer a lot of friends on their own accounts, holiday rush is a good time because Jan. 1st it resets
* Don't have a grandpa refer a newborn. Get a referral from someone else's newborn or from someone you know who's staying with Koodo long-term. The grandpa might get kicked out before his credits are applied, because it can take up to 6 weeks

I think that answers your questions :D
Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
Home service reseller internet + FPL + antenna with streaming on smart TV
Wireless 1 line w/ Virgin on QC plan, few lines w/ Koodo to get phones, couple FreedomPop SIM's for roaming
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3714 posts
366 upvotes
Ottawa
FYI ... to check if your account is in seasonal, just login and click on mobile services ... and there should be a banner indicating the current status of your account ...

Just checked mine and both new accounts are already in SH ... seems like it was effective immediately ... i need to buy the rep a coffee ... :)
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3714 posts
366 upvotes
Ottawa
titaniumtux wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 9:10 am
Gonna call a newly activated line as a newborn, a 90 day old line (or nearing 90 days) a grandpa.
Here's the scoop:
* Roll in a newborn to your Koodo account just before you cancel out your grandpa. No credit checks required for adding a newborn to an existing account
* As long as your account is active for at least 90 days, you can have up to five or six lines on your account, meaning in a single month, you can have quintuplets or sextoplets if you plan it that way
* Each newborn can get $300 referral credits per calendar year (per head). If you wanna refer a lot of friends on their own accounts, holiday rush is a good time because Jan. 1st it resets
* Don't have a grandpa refer a newborn. Get a referral from someone else's newborn or from someone you know who's staying with Koodo long-term. The grandpa might get kicked out before his credits are applied, because it can take up to 6 weeks

I think that answers your questions :D
btw ... if you have more than 1 lines in an account, and you request to put the account on SH ... will all lines be affected?
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
[OP]
May 8, 2009
1788 posts
479 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 3:46 pm
btw ... if you have more than 1 lines in an account, and you request to put the account on SH ... will all lines be affected?
Seasonal hold is in lieu of your monthly base plan, so it's on a per line basis. No way to put an "account on seasonal hold".

Right now my three lines with LG G4 tabs are on seasonal hold.
Wireless 1 line w/ Virgin on QC plan, few lines w/ Koodo to get phones, couple FreedomPop SIM's for roaming
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
7066 posts
7540 upvotes
Finally, I got both of my plans in seasonal hold one day after the next billing cycle starts.

During the initial partial billing cycle, computer will not let CSR to change to seasonal hold. The experienced CSRs may know some way to override the computer to switch you to seasonal hold. But if you get a new CSR, s/he will ask the manager why s/he cannot switch to seasonal. On closer look, they will discover that our accounts are newly activated and tell you to wait.

On the first day of next billing cycle, computer is still not letting CSR to change to seasonal hold. This is what my yesterday CSR told me asked me whether I want to switch to seasonal hold today. I said yes and he scheduled the switch for today. It was done this morning before I woke up.

Next time, I will not spend time calling before the next billing cycle starts. Your experience may be difference. But I am willing to pay $1/day for a few days before calling just to save myself from being rejected day after day. YMMV
[OP]
May 8, 2009
1788 posts
479 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
embguy wrote:
Jul 19th, 2017 4:56 pm
Finally, I got both of my plans in seasonal hold one day after the next billing cycle starts.

During the initial partial billing cycle, computer will not let CSR to change to seasonal hold. The experienced CSRs may know some way to override the computer to switch you to seasonal hold. But if you get a new CSR, s/he will ask the manager why s/he cannot switch to seasonal. On closer look, they will discover that our accounts are newly activated and tell you to wait.

On the first day of next billing cycle, computer is still not letting CSR to change to seasonal hold. This is what my yesterday CSR told me asked me whether I want to switch to seasonal hold today. I said yes and he scheduled the switch for today. It was done this morning before I woke up.

Next time, I will not spend time calling before the next billing cycle starts. Your experience may be difference. But I am willing to pay $1/day for a few days before calling just to save myself from being rejected day after day. YMMV
I'm the same way. Wait after the newly activated numbers show up on the next invoice, then go on seasonal hold.

That's why I put cost estimate of this deal based on 30 days on $30 base plan.
Feb 23, 2015
63 posts
6 upvotes
Hampstead, QC
Just lost my phone, what would be the best deal for a smart phone in QC now?
Thanks.
[OP]
May 8, 2009
1788 posts
479 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
vinajackfruit wrote:
Jul 21st, 2017 12:12 am
Just lost my phone, what would be the best deal for a smart phone in QC now?
Thanks.
Where in QC? You didn't provide your location. LG G4 at Wow mobile (they have kiosks at malls in QC) or TMS (no location in QC, but if you happen to be physically in another province, but have the means of getting onto a QC plan), grab an LG X Power, Galaxy J3 or Moto G4 Play on Koodo. They go for tab 7 instead of tab 10 when activating on a QC number.