• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2017 11:21 am
Tags:
May 23, 2016
51 posts
38 upvotes

LG G6 Dual Sim

Hi there.

For those that got the LG G6 Dual Sim (H870DS), I have a couple of question if you could help...

Can I use one sim for data (Fido) and the other for calls & text (Bell)? My Fido is data only. I need to make sure I can restrict the calls and text to the 2nd sim only. Is that possible?

Does it support micro sd card? I heard that the 2nd sim slot is also for micro sd. So, if I used 2 sims, there will be no more slot for the micro sd card. Is that true?

Thanks in advance.
1 reply
Jul 22, 2017
257 posts
181 upvotes
Pingu in the city
Does it support micro sd card? I heard that the 2nd sim slot is also for micro sd. So, if I used 2 sims, there will be no more slot for the micro sd card. Is that true?
It's possible for both sim and micro sd card inserted into the tray, but I wouldn't recommend it since it's basically a dirty mod. You can see how it's done on Youtube.
You will need to rip one of the sim IC out and stick it onto the micro SD card.

I wouldn't try it since I don't want to ruin my sim card. Disappointed But Relieved Face So yeah, by design it's one sim, and another sim or micro SD card.
Can I use one sim for data (Fido) and the other for calls & text (Bell)? My Fido is data only. I need to make sure I can restrict the calls and text to the 2nd sim only. Is that possible?
Yup. It will work. Under dual sim card settings, you can set your "Mobile data" dedicated to sim1 or sim 2.
There are more settings under call and mobile data categories for setting up different ringtones so on for each sim.
Noot Noot!❗😄
Great coffee, better mind!
Aeropress | Hario V60 | French press | Vietnamese coffee filter | Kalita narrow-mouthed pot | %