54 upvotes

LG G6 H870DS (Taiwan model) thread

OTA updates, troubleshooting, etc.

Software version:
V10e-TN-XX

Latest update:
September 11 2017

Reputable seller for this specific model
https://www.eglobalcentral.com/product/lg%20g6?
Cost + $10 is full price, no customs, surprise fees, etc. to Canada
Last edited by KnockingTheDoors on Aug 7th, 2017 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
60 replies
Deal Addict
May 8, 2009
1377 posts
368 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
Link doesn't work for me on my phone.

For the Taiwanese model, can the bootloader be unlocked? What's the retail price of the phone on the website? I'm taking it's dual sim?

What makes this such a deal vs. going to the carriers here for that same phone?
Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
Home service reseller internet + FPL + antenna with streaming on smart TV
Wireless 1 line w/ Virgin on QC plan, few lines w/ Koodo to get phones, couple FreedomPop SIM's for roaming
Mar 22, 2013
902 posts
203 upvotes
Markham
titaniumtux wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 11:32 pm

For the Taiwanese model, can the bootloader be unlocked? What's the retail price of the phone on the website? I'm taking it's dual sim?

For now this versions bootloader is not unlockable yet. If you get this version, perhaps disable automatic updates until the devs over at XDA start work on it. The retail price for mine (black) is $699 usd and yes it is dual sim.

This version has 64gb storage vs the NA 32gb and it has quad DAC and comes with headphones I believe. BUT it does lacks wireless charging so if that's important to you then it is a deal breaker. This it the phone comes unlocked, it doesn't have all the bloatware that the carrier's put in in the NA version.

You do get warranty from eglobal for 12 months but it would be a hassle to ship back the phone for warranty issues so that's a gamble there. Hope I answered your questions. This is what I have gathered from doing research and reading up online. Please correct me if I'm wrong in any way.
====================================

Samsung S8+ (Black)

Koodo Mobile
$55 Unlimited Canada-wide
Unlimited messaging (text & picture)
1000 Intl LD minutes, 8 GB Plan

[OP]
Mar 15, 2017
176 posts
54 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 11:32 pm

Hm...works for me on my G6 on Chrome
Bootloader cannot be unlocked yet only the H870 can...
It's retail value here in Canada is $999.99 on Bell, without a contract but I've seen couple on Craigslist for ~$600. Dual sim yep.
870DS comes factory unlocked to any carrier in the world, check if bands are compatible though...heard only 3G works for Freedom Mobile.
Two sims can be used at once on the phone, making it ideal for people on the Fido 3GB and a cheap talk/text plan.
It has the Hi-Fi 32 bit DAC, really good audio quality through headphones, the Canadian variant has a weaker driver. The downside is that there is no wireless charging instead of the DAC.
64 GB of storage rather than the 32 GB offered here.
[OP]
Mar 15, 2017
176 posts
54 upvotes
myinglin0318 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 1:15 am
For now this versions bootloader is not unlockable yet. If you get this version, perhaps disable automatic updates until the devs over at XDA start work on it. The retail price for mine (black) is $699 usd and yes it is dual sim.

This version has 64gb storage vs the NA 32gb and it has quad DAC and comes with headphones I believe. BUT it does lacks wireless charging so if that's important to you then it is a deal breaker. This it the phone comes unlocked, it doesn't have all the bloatware that the carrier's put in in the NA version.

You do get warranty from eglobal for 12 months but it would be a hassle to ship back the phone for warranty issues so that's a gamble there. Hope I answered your questions. This is what I have gathered from doing research and reading up online. Please correct me if I'm wrong in any way.
Whoops you made everything I said sound better
Nov 7, 2013
367 posts
83 upvotes
the 604
the eGlobal G6 870DS does not come with headphones, just a set of LG buds. to benefit from the Quad DAC, get a set of high(er) impedance cans

no Wireless Charging = no biggie. G6 has Quick Charge, gets juiced pretty quick.
Jun 22, 2009
247 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
Any of you have issues with the charger? My phone kept saying your phone is charging slowly despite the fact that I was using the LG charger that came with the phone.

I was sleepy so I just let it charge but just wondering if anybody else has seen this and knows how to fix it.
Nov 7, 2013
367 posts
83 upvotes
the 604
Desii wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 3:42 pm
Any of you have issues with the charger? My phone kept saying your phone is charging slowly despite the fact that I was using the LG charger that came with the phone.

I was sleepy so I just let it charge but just wondering if anybody else has seen this and knows how to fix it.
no issue here. have charged using the LG charger and also via USB on my notebook.

if you're curious about your battery/charging system, check out AccuBattery from the PlayStore -- tells you charge speed, screen on/off, battery health, etc. and lets you test the charger

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ccubattery
Jun 22, 2009
247 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
For anybody having the same issue I have found a solution - super weird but it works!

Connect the charger to your phone first before you plug it into the wall. If you plug in the charger first and then connect it to your phone the "your phone is charging slowly" message will come up and the phone will charge slowly.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
4279 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
Are HK G6s (H870DS) identical to TW variance?
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Mar 22, 2013
902 posts
203 upvotes
Markham
Desii wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 2:29 pm
For anybody having the same issue I have found a solution - super weird but it works!

Connect the charger to your phone first before you plug it into the wall. If you plug in the charger first and then connect it to your phone the "your phone is charging slowly" message will come up and the phone will charge slowly.
I don't have that problem with my g6. Once connected to charger, it takes like a second or two to show fast charging.

Samsung S8+ (Black)

Koodo Mobile

Jul 22, 2017
82 posts
38 upvotes
KnockingTheDoors wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 10:04 am
Anybody's wall plug make a faint hissing noise when charging??
I'm charging it now. No sound here.
Noot Noot!❗😄
Great coffee, better mind!
Aeropress + Metal filter | Hario V60 | French press | Vietnamese coffee filter
Nov 7, 2013
367 posts
83 upvotes
the 604
KnockingTheDoors wrote:
never noticed. expecting to charge later this afternoon, will have a listen

edit: all quiet
Last edited by AMRadio on Aug 23rd, 2017 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 22, 2013
902 posts
203 upvotes
Markham
KnockingTheDoors wrote:
Nope, no problems here.

Samsung S8+ (Black)

Koodo Mobile