Cell Phones

LG G6 H870DS (Taiwan model) thread

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2017 3:30 pm
Mar 31, 2010
128 posts
6 upvotes
Does anyone find the signal to be weaker compare to other phones? With my oneplus one I have full bar everywhere I go including Niagara falls but this one only 2 bar
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7745 posts
393 upvotes
Vancouver
yay a dedicated forum :) I have been goofing around with my phone. Does the quad DAC activate automatically? I plugged my Bowers and Wilkins headphones in, tuned into spotify. Nothing automatic showed up. I manually switched the quad DAC on/off and I didn't notice a difference or maybe a wee bit. :( that was one reason I purchased this. don't get me wrong it sounds really good. but I wanted to maximize and use this spec/feature.

when in quad DAC mode am i suppose to be able to adjust anything?
[OP]
Mar 15, 2017
159 posts
51 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 1:55 am
yay a dedicated forum :) I have been goofing around with my phone. Does the quad DAC activate automatically? I plugged my Bowers and Wilkins headphones in, tuned into spotify. Nothing automatic showed up. I manually switched the quad DAC on/off and I didn't notice a difference or maybe a wee bit. :( that was one reason I purchased this. don't get me wrong it sounds really good. but I wanted to maximize and use this spec/feature.

when in quad DAC mode am i suppose to be able to adjust anything?
There's DAC settings in the sound portion of the Settings app.I can hear a big difference....hmmm...try the settings.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7745 posts
393 upvotes
Vancouver
Oh hmm new to android. Where do I find the settings for the quad DAC? I know where I turn the feature on/off.

Sound settings of the device? Or settings within quad DAC?

Thanks
[OP]
Mar 15, 2017
159 posts
51 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 2:41 am
Oh hmm new to android. Where do I find the settings for the quad DAC? I know where I turn the feature on/off.

Sound settings of the device? Or settings within quad DAC?

Thanks
Put your headphones in and turn off and on the option of Hi Fi DAC.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7745 posts
393 upvotes
Vancouver
I did that last night. The settings are two , what look like volume knobs. Seems to only make it a bit louder. Not sure if there are more settings.

Oh well. Still sounds really good with my Bowers and Wilkins. Quad DAC doesn't make any difference.

All the reviews had me hyped. I guess that's why I'm a bit disappointed.
[OP]
Mar 15, 2017
159 posts
51 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 12:09 pm
I did that last night. The settings are two , what look like volume knobs. Seems to only make it a bit louder. Not sure if there are more settings.

Oh well. Still sounds really good with my Bowers and Wilkins. Quad DAC doesn't make any difference.

All the reviews had me hyped. I guess that's why I'm a bit disappointed.
Yep the volume knob page. So you've switched it on and off and no difference? Hmmm...maybe try another pair or headphones?
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2007
1332 posts
170 upvotes
Vancouver
v10H Update is being delivered via OTA.

Received my update today and applied it; so far so good.
No problems with apps or functionality thus far.

[OP]
Mar 15, 2017
159 posts
51 upvotes
Just letting everyone know the deal on eGlobal central isn't very good anymore unless you want to pay an extra $100 on top of the Canadian variant. Sad to see the prices went upto $500 USD!!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7745 posts
393 upvotes
Vancouver
Questions: 1) low signal strength anyone? At least with the indicators and 2) should we see LTE on the screen?

All I did was transfer my sim to this phone. I didn't change any settings etc.

Thanks for any help
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2007
1332 posts
170 upvotes
Vancouver
trellaine201 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 11:19 pm
Questions: 1) low signal strength anyone? At least with the indicators and 2) should we see LTE on the screen?

All I did was transfer my sim to this phone. I didn't change any settings etc.

Thanks for any help
1) Signal strength for me is fine. I get 4 bars usually at home, and full bars when out. If you want to dig further, look for app LTE Discovery and check your signal strength to towers by your location(s).

2) I'm on Fido and see two indicators: one for mobile network connectivity (the bars) and it states 4G. If you turn on mobile data, another icon appears next to the bars, the up and down arrows to indicate data is on. It doesn't show LTE, but 4G. I get 110 Mbit down while on mobile data using Speedtest. Side note, I had to enter manual Fido LTE APN settings.

See below screen shot ☺️

https://i.imgur.com/dv4gQ8q.png
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7745 posts
393 upvotes
Vancouver
Hmmm I guess if my phone is working there would be no need to change the APN settings?
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2007
1332 posts
170 upvotes
Vancouver
Yeah, no need to change if everything is working.

I believe the Asia G6 original rom doesn't state LTE because in Asia its generally referred to as 4G.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7745 posts
393 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks big sky. I don't think the Speedtest can be right. 68Mps up and 13Mbps. I'll try again at work, inside a concrete structure. I don't think these apps are very accurate lol.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2007
1332 posts
170 upvotes
Vancouver
If anyone wishes to try the Google Camera from the Pixel lineup, a Ukrainian Android developer B-S-G has ported the app to work with Snapdragon 820/821/835 devices (G6 included of course).

Download and discussion here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g6/ ... 6-t3655374

Related News Post about it here:
https://www.xda-developers.com/google-c ... dr-ported/