Cell Phones

LG Optimus G 2600 OR Galaxy Note 2: Which one to pick?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2012 11:32 pm
Tags:
None
May 12, 2006
149 posts
16 upvotes

LG Optimus G 2600 OR Galaxy Note 2: Which one to pick?

Hey guys I am renewing my contract with Rogers and they're offering me the Optimus G for free and the Note 2 for $50 bucks.

I am really torn between the two, and not sure which one to get. I was really into the Note 2 for its 4.2 jealy bean and battery life but the G has just as good features and comes with 32gb space compared to 16gb of the optimus.

So help me decide which one is a better deal.

Thanks
9 replies
Oct 19, 2007
68 posts
42 upvotes
I own a note 2 an absolutely love it. The S pen (stylus) is amazingly handy. The chance of getting the updates quicker is much better on Samsung high end devices imo.
speed and smoothness absolutely not an issue regardless of how many open apps you have running. I am a super user of the phone and use all functionalities. installed juice defender ultimate app and charge my battery every 2nd day.
I how this is useful to for you.
Deal Expert
Dec 14, 2005
18192 posts
360 upvotes
Richmond
:arrow:

Moved from "Computers & Electronics" to "Computers & Electronics > Cell Phones"
Congrats to the Arsenal Ladies - The FA Women's Cup Winners 2013 :)
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1914 posts
286 upvotes
Toronto
Get the Note 2 if you want a huge screen. LG Optimus G is in similiar category with Samsung S3. So, Note 2 is in class by itself really, can't really compare that with other less then 5" screen phones.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15060 posts
740 upvotes
Woodbridge
Surprised it has been mentioned. It's LG, sorry but I believe you get what you pay for. Besides, the resale value would be easier & higher with Samsung.

If you can get over the Size, the Battery Life is amazing. It's the reason why I bought another one as my "5.5" iPod LTE." :)
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
2921 posts
2881 upvotes
Montreal
If you want the best display screen quality like iPhone 5 then get LG Optimus G otherwise get the Note 2...

If you want more space than 32GB then get the Note 2 because there is no external SD card with Rogers LG Optimus G.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15060 posts
740 upvotes
Woodbridge
This was posted on MacRumors, user asking Note 2 vs iPhone 5 and think YouTube link was posted ("CHRIST DENN").

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBkY3vg14JM

Possibly the BEST review.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
1145 posts
79 upvotes
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Signature removed for violating the rules.
× < >