Expired Hot Deals

LG UM7300 43" IPS 4K TV [2019] (TV-as-Monitor) - $428.00 [Costco, TheSource, Amazon, BestBuy, Visions, LondonDrugs]

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2019 9:09 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2002
1612 posts
157 upvotes
Scarborough
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 12:52 pm
Oh... and Amazon just emailed me to say that my LG UM7300 won't be in until August 23rd to 24th (instead of today).

Is there a run on these panels via the source manufacturer? This is getting a little silly.

Costco remains OOS as well, with the earliest possible restock being this Friday.
I placed an order at the Source on Sunday morning and got my TV on Tuesday afternoon. I'm in Toronto and they shipped on Monday. If anyone is planning on ordering one, the Souce still has stock and today's the last day... some store still have stock as well.

My Windows 10 desktop is so old that I only get 1080p with this TV, but it still looks really sharp... I do get 4K with my mid 2015 MBP.
----------------------------------------------------------------
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10835 posts
10939 upvotes
TRK9 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 2:20 pm
I placed an order at the Source on Sunday morning and got my TV on Tuesday afternoon. I'm in Toronto and they shipped on Monday. If anyone is planning on ordering one, the Souce still has stock and today's the last day... some store still have stock as well.

My Windows 10 desktop is so old that I only get 1080p with this TV, but it still looks really sharp... I do get 4K with my mid 2015 MBP.
Your TV and Windows 10 are working together to ensure maximum sharpness, even at 1080p. The ClearType function helps. If you can manage it, I recommend upping your desktop resolution to 1440p. Desktops going back 10 years should be able to swing that resolution.

Today is the last day to buy the LG UM7300 43" 4K IPS TV at TheSource and Visions at the $428 (or lower) sale price. Buy now and think later, folks.

You can return it after today, but you can't buy it at this price tomorrow.
Jan 4, 2019
151 posts
139 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 2:39 pm
Your TV and Windows 10 are working together to ensure maximum sharpness, even at 1080p. The ClearType function helps. If you can manage it, I recommend upping your desktop resolution to 1440p. Desktops going back 10 years should be able to swing that resolution.

Today is the last day to buy the LG UM7300 43" 4K IPS TV at TheSource and Visions at the $428 (or lower) sale price. Buy now and think later, folks.

Was Costco regular price? I'm still waiting for them to restock for dat warranty
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10835 posts
10939 upvotes
ReadAllTheDeals wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 2:41 pm
Was Costco regular price? I'm still waiting for them to restock for dat warranty
They were $427.99. Regular Price is $599.

I asked the Costco phone representative plainly, 'Can you confidently say you'll restock before August 28th?' which seems like the latest date for this sale, and he wasn't sure. Ultimately, it seems like LG can't meet demand in a timely manner, right now.
Jan 4, 2019
151 posts
139 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 2:44 pm
They were $427.99. Regular Price is $599.

I asked the Costco phone representative plainly, 'Can you confidently say you'll restock before August 28th?' which seems like the latest date for this sale, and he wasn't sure. Ultimately, it seems like LG can't meet demand in a timely manner, right now.
Ah that sucks. I'll wait it out and cross my fingers then.
Jul 15, 2019
8 posts
6 upvotes
I'm located in Edmonton, and I've been to a few walmarts that have this TV in stock for $428...specifically the walmart in Leduc & Windermere.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2002
1612 posts
157 upvotes
Scarborough
ReadAllTheDeals wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 2:49 pm
Ah that sucks. I'll wait it out and cross my fingers then.
I'm pretty sure I saw these in stock at Costco in Scarborough on Monday for $419.99... My order from the Source shipped already, so I didn't bother picking it up. Costco's automatic 2 year warranty is really nice, but I figure I get that with my credit card anyway.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2006
2408 posts
264 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:

Man, I bought the tv and whatever but you seem like you need to reply to every post like you invented the tv or have a stake in people buying it or something, and push it as a PC monitor because that’s what you use it for. It’s a budget 4k TV with a decent panel, yes, but you haven’t even used one yet and you’re recommending it to everyone for any reason. No offence, it’s just that you’ve given out bad info many times in this thread and are just regurgitating bits and pieces of info you’ve read online with no actual hands on experience. For example, in your latest post I quoted, you say to try 1440p, and while it is a higher res than 1080p, it’ll look worse on this tv. The TVs native resolution is exactly 4x the number of pixels in 1080p so it’ll scale much cleaner than 1440p would, despite the lower resolution.

I’m convinced RFD has internal shills that promote “deals” especially around back to school, Black Friday, etc. Referral links are big business. I’m considering starting an alternative where the deal finder/OP gets a large referral link percentage, and I take enough to keep the site cost neutral or slightly above.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2002
1612 posts
157 upvotes
Scarborough
redflagdealsguy wrote:

It has an old AMD Radeon 5400 with 512GB. It's an old machine... I also tested out a Mac Mini 2012 which has an Intel HD 4000 card, and it only supports 1080p as well...
Jan 4, 2019
151 posts
139 upvotes
TRK9 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 3:34 pm
I'm pretty sure I saw these in stock at Costco in Scarborough on Monday for $419.99... My order from the Source shipped already, so I didn't bother picking it up. Costco's automatic 2 year warranty is really nice, but I figure I get that with my credit card anyway.
In store ? For some reason I thought it was online only
Aug 17, 2003
883 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
ReadAllTheDeals wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 3:51 pm
In store - at least Leaside Toronto - was last year's model.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10835 posts
10939 upvotes
TRK9 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 3:42 pm
It has an old AMD Radeon 5400 with 512GB. It's an old machine... I also tested out a Mac Mini 2012 which has an Intel HD 4000 card, and it only supports 1080p as well...
Despite what the previous poster has claimed, I'm quite confident 1440p will look better, particularly for things like text clarity... this is certainly true on my LG UK6300 43" 4K IPS TV-as-Monitor. The good news is that you're moving between 1080p and 4K with reasonable comfort (if I read your posts correctly), which is laudable. In 2015, I had an Insignia 42" 1080p as my main monitor, and it had worse text definition than either LG 2018 or LG 2019 4K panels running at 1080p.

Full disclosure, I don't own the LG UM7300 (2019) yet. I've used it in show rooms and reseller floors, and otherwise connected it to my work laptop. However, 2 months ago when it was selling in the mid-$500s, I bought it for one of my workstations on a whim.

Here's what I found on the LG UM7300 (2019) vs the LG UK6300 (2018):
- Better Color Vibrancy
- Better Border Definition (Due to RGB Pixel Structure)
- Same Refresh Rate Experience
- Comparable Brightness (Or Slightly Better)

I partially calibrated the panel, but didn't save my settings, and then promptly returned the panel because I expected a price drop... and I was right. This affirmed my decision to buy one of these units, and allows me to speak from experience. I'm not proud of purchasing and returning a product on this basis though, as it burns inventory for the reseller, thus I didn't advertise it.
ReadAllTheDeals wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 3:51 pm
It is. I'm fairly confident that was the LG UK6300 (2018), but I hope I'm wrong.
Aug 17, 2003
883 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 7:21 am
Here's my view on 10bit.

It's not possible to hit 10 bit due to data throughout limitations on HDMI 2.0 while also on 4K60 @ RGB (4:4:4) @ Full Dynamic Range. HDR simply doesn't work with the aforementioned settings, either, despite the panel accepting HDR.

Experiment with 4K60 @ YCbCr420 @ Full Dynamic Range to see whether 10 bit is possible.

On my similar 2018 LG UK6300, there is no setting that engages 10 bit color at 4K60, regardless of sub-pixel data settings.
It does flash HDR when I select PC and the screen options are different. Interestingly if i select YCBCR 4:2:2:2 on my AMD control panel - i can get 12 bit colour on HDMI. Looks awful though.

Monitor is growing on me for sure. How much of a difference will 60hz make? I guess it is worth the $13 displayport to HDMI cable. My only reservation is not to spend money until I know I am keeping the TV!
Aug 17, 2003
883 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
DFS 360 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 3:38 pm
Man, I bought the tv and whatever but you seem like you need to reply to every post like you invented the tv or have a stake in people buying it or something, and push it as a PC monitor because that’s what you use it for. It’s a budget 4k TV with a decent panel, yes, but you haven’t even used one yet and you’re recommending it to everyone for any reason. No offence, it’s just that you’ve given out bad info many times in this thread and are just regurgitating bits and pieces of info you’ve read online with no actual hands on experience. For example, in your latest post I quoted, you say to try 1440p, and while it is a higher res than 1080p, it’ll look worse on this tv. The TVs native resolution is exactly 4x the number of pixels in 1080p so it’ll scale much cleaner than 1440p would, despite the lower resolution.

I’m convinced RFD has internal shills that promote “deals” especially around back to school, Black Friday, etc. Referral links are big business. I’m considering starting an alternative where the deal finder/OP gets a large referral link percentage, and I take enough to keep the site cost neutral or slightly above.
Honestly, I love that redflagdealsguy is here to answer all my questions.

Shill away.