Expired Hot Deals

LG UM7300 43" IPS 4K TV [2019] (TV-as-Monitor) - $428.00 [Costco, TheSource, Amazon, BestBuy, Visions, LondonDrugs]

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2019 9:09 pm
Aug 7, 2014
109 posts
25 upvotes
Montreal, QC
lincoln wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 7:14 pm
If Windows is set to 60hz and you have the tv in Game Mode, then you could possibly have Mouse Smoothing turned on. If so disable that.

I haven't noticed any input lag.
I'm fine in Game mode, problem is when I set the TV in Expert (Bright or Dark room)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10727 posts
10835 upvotes
Hoffman wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 7:19 pm
I'm fine in Game mode, problem is when I set the TV in Expert (Bright or Dark room)
I don't think the two are mutually exclusive, but I've fully updated the calibrations in the first post. I'll repeat myself so readers don't miss this.

LG UM7300 Calibrations are updated and online as of August 24, 2019, see post #1.

There are more safety and security calibrations in the first post, but the above represents the picture-related calibrations.

Both Expert Mode: Bright and Instant Game Response are activated.

Expert Mode disables some of the adaptive screen adjustments that play havoc with the TV when used as a productivity monitor (e.g. when flipping windows and so forth).
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10727 posts
10835 upvotes
BlancoBenny wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 6:51 pm
Thanks OP for all your input and research. I have two of these on the way. Ordered one from BB online before the sale was to end on the 22nd, only to have it renewed till the 28th, as I couldn't snag one with Costco in the 35 seconds they were available online.

When Costco restocked yesterday I grabbed one. My question to anyone familiar with Costco ordering, is they charged me for the TV plus the 5 year warranty I bought but I see shortly after I ordered the full amount was reversed and then just the cost of the warranty was charged. Should I be concerned that my order for the TV has been cancelled or is this some wacky SOP at Costco?
If they screw up the warranty order, if may be possible to get them to fix it either through Costco Customer Service or In-Store. They would just bill you for the appropriate warranty. Within the relevant warranty price range, reps have told me that they pretty much let customers claim the warranty for the Costco TV they choose (if the receipt for the TV and Warranty are within 90 days and within the appropriate price range of coverage). There's nothing to say warranty and TV need to appear on the same receipt.
fyrenyce105 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 6:58 pm
So I ended up heading to London Drugs and they have a store special for this TV for 399. I'm told this is all stores but for that price I decided to pick it up today. Anyways, happy hunting!
That is a great deal, especially when paired with the lower provincial tax in Western Canada.
Jul 15, 2019
8 posts
6 upvotes
Just in case anyone needs a copy of the receipt....this was purchased at London Drugs in Windermere in Edmonton.
Images
  • IMG_20190824_162258-01.jpeg
Aug 22, 2019
7 posts
4 upvotes
Thanks for the updated calibration settings redflagdealsguy, they work great!
Dec 11, 2011
22 posts
6 upvotes
Markham
Hello. Can anyone tell me how will this TV compare to Sony's X900F when using it as a monitor? Thanks in advance!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10727 posts
10835 upvotes
momo3371 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 8:40 pm
Hello. Can anyone tell me how will this TV compare to Sony's X900F when using it as a monitor? Thanks in advance!
The X900F will give you better color reproduction and better black levels. It's a better TV, overall. It's also reasonably bright for a non-QLED VA panel, and it has a wide color gamut.

As a monitor, it can still work well, with caveats. Off-angle viewing will suffer, as with most VA panels; the LG UM7300 43" IPS panel is superior here. The fairly aggressive brightness options on the X900F can overcome a significant amount of natural and indoor light. The X900F also handles glare and reflections well.

The X900F works as monitor, and works reasonable well. Viewing distances should be adhered to however, as off-angle screen image distortion magnify the closer you sit. I'm imagining 3' to 5' away is a safe distance, if you seek to avoid distortions.

For the lay audience, why haven't I mentioned this panel before?
(1) It's considerably more expensive.
(2) It's smallest size is 49".

However, if you own it already, you've found it at a fire sale, or you're fine with the larger screen... the X900F is an option.

Source: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900f

Final Note: We have a gentleman here using the X900F as a monitor, going back some pages in this thread.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7840 posts
2731 upvotes
Washington, DC
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 3:42 pm
Hope that works out. That tells me they may throw you a panel from the current 2019 run, if approved.

Currently the RMA is a VA panel, so I'm not sure if they'll try to push the cheaper IPS on me instead of replacing it with the proper new VA models.

If given the choice, which one would you all choose?

https://www.philips.ca/etc/philips/b2c/ ... M4350UC/27

Untitled4444.png
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Mar 18, 2008
75 posts
52 upvotes
Abbotsford
Confirmed $399 in store at London Drugs (Abbotsford, BC)

Weekend sale only. Price ends on the 25th of August.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
1336 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP for all the helpful info. Ordered one from amazon Thursday but showing a month to ship. Ordered second from Costco with the warranty. Will cancel Amazon order when Costco one ships.

Planning on doing some light gaming with it connected to my PC as well as use it as a tv.
Sep 30, 2018
38 posts
7 upvotes
Returned mine purchased from best buy, ordered from Costco with extra 3 years warranty.
Does anyone came across any threads here on RFD or perhaps other forums about this service of extra warranty. How good is their service?
I got my Vision M1 C65 in 2016 with extra warranty as well but didn't have a chance to use it.
Aug 17, 2003
883 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 7:24 pm
I don't think the two are mutually exclusive, but I've fully updated the calibrations in the first post. I'll repeat myself so readers don't miss this.

LG UM7300 Calibrations are updated and online as of August 24, 2019, see post #1.

There are more safety and security calibrations in the first post, but the above represents the picture-related calibrations.

Both Expert Mode: Bright and Instant Game Response are activated.

Expert Mode disables some of the adaptive screen adjustments that play havoc with the TV when used as a productivity monitor (e.g. when flipping windows and so forth).
Because PC mode sees my card as pushing out "HDR" - I don't have access to the expert modes anymore. Limited choices. Also can't set color management, expert controls, color management, the temperature is now from C0 to C50

Do you think I should turn off HDR or leave as is?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10727 posts
10835 upvotes
lincoln wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 10:10 pm
Currently the RMA is a VA panel, so I'm not sure if they'll try to push the cheaper IPS on me instead of replacing it with the proper new VA models.

If given the choice, which one would you all choose?

https://www.philips.ca/etc/philips/b2c/ ... M4350UC/27

Untitled4444.png
436M6VBPAB

HDR1000 among other value adds.

Cursory glance at the specs. If you're a good negotiatior, you may be able to upsell the RMA team on this higher panel.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10727 posts
10835 upvotes
Lord Denning wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 11:21 pm
Because PC mode sees my card as pushing out "HDR" - I don't have access to the expert modes anymore. Limited choices. Also can't set color management, expert controls, color management, the temperature is now from C0 to C50

Do you think I should turn off HDR or leave as is?
Turn it off. It's of very little value on this panel, and HDMI 2.0 does not support 4K60 @ RGB (4:4:4) @ Full Dynamic Range with HDR. To get the former, making it a sharp monitor with 4:4:4, you must disable HDR.