Tags:
None
Dec 11, 2009
316 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto

LG vs KitchenAid dishwashers

Just curious and looking for opinions.
Choice between LG LDF7920ST or KitchenAid KUDEO3FTSS dishwasher. What one would you choose. Just for arguments sake, take the price difference out of the equation.
16 replies
Jul 20, 2007
190 posts
11 upvotes
As much as sales people love to pump LG, the quality of construction IMO is not as good as the Whirlpool group of companies. I bought a LG bottom freezer fridge for work and while it works fine, you can easily tell it's somewhat cheaply made with lighter weight plastics.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2002
3549 posts
484 upvotes
Ottawa
LG = Lucky Goldstar

'nuff said.
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts
257 upvotes
Mississauga
I cant comment on LG (other than the LG GPS I have sucks).

But KitchenAid of today pales to the KitchenAid of years ago, when it was made by Hobart.

Dunno why you're limitting yourself to these 2 brands, theres lots of others worth considering...Asko and Bosch IMO have models that will blow either of these away. Samsung even has a nice one.
Thanks for the memories, RFD.
Good-bye.
[OP]
Dec 11, 2009
316 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Reason I asked is I could get a deal on both, and was wondering what was the better choice.
Thanks
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2006
2473 posts
201 upvotes
Whitby
My dad has a Kitchenaid dishwasher that won't stay closed through a cycle. It's been repaired twice and the repair lasts for a couple of months and then starts popping open mid-cycle again.

I'd never buy another Kitchenaid dishwasher. At least not without an extended warranty.

Dad gave up fighting with it and uses a piece of lumber and a bungee cord to keep it closed.

Mar 11, 2006
437 posts
26 upvotes
Dr Butcher wrote:
Dec 20th, 2009 2:54 pm
My dad has a Kitchenaid dishwasher that won't stay closed through a cycle. It's been repaired twice and the repair lasts for a couple of months and then starts popping open mid-cycle again.

I'd never buy another Kitchenaid dishwasher. At least not without an extended warranty.

Dad gave up fighting with it and uses a piece of lumber and a bungee cord to keep it closed.

Sorry to bump but .. .

LOL!!! Epic fix by dad:-) Red Green school of appliance repair!!
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2009
1398 posts
76 upvotes
2 words,

jenn air.
"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Aug 12, 2010
380 posts
171 upvotes
Calgary
We just bought appliances and the salesperson told us that Asko were the best and for a reasonable price. Also very quiet at 47 db. Anyone here have an Asko?
Oct 15, 2007
852 posts
70 upvotes
Dr Butcher wrote:
Dec 20th, 2009 2:54 pm

LOL, very creative! But the dishwasher looks prety new?

We recently had a dishwasher we bought less than 2 years ago where the water didn't drain completely after the dry cycle. The manufacturer-recommended repair guy came and said it was due to a bad part and had it replaced. It didn't work and it was replaced again and again and many months later it was still not fixed and the repair guy seem to be at a lost blaming the bad part each time.

We went back to the retailer for recourse and wrote e-mails that this was unacceptable for a dishwasher that was only 2 years old. To make a long story short, the retailer talked to the manufacturer and got us a full refund, but only after we persisted.

So, while it's great that Dad was being creative, he should not have given up the fight.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2009
1961 posts
150 upvotes
I love my Miele dishwasher.

I also like the fact that there is no heating element in there to melt plastic cups or catch fire like the latest recall on Maytag/Whirlpool.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2007
3004 posts
142 upvotes
Ottawa
ssbtech wrote:
Aug 18th, 2010 10:02 pm
I love my Miele dishwasher.

I also like the fact that there is no heating element in there to melt plastic cups or catch fire like the latest recall on Maytag/Whirlpool.
+1 This is why we went Bosch several years ago. While it doesn't do a great job on plastics, we have very few plastic bits that go through the dishwasher.
Nov 3, 2007
560 posts
54 upvotes
EDM, AB
I'd consider Bosch too. I absolutely love mine! Best dishwasher I've ever owned. Super quiet, I run it and have conversations with people on the other side of the counter and does a great job. I never scrub anything I put into it (maybe soak things if I remember/feel like it) and everything comes out clean. I can't say enough good things about it.
Contests Won:
$500 NCIX Gift Certificate Contest! - Jan 2008
Free pair of M11+/M11P+ from Meelec.com - Sept 2010
× < >