Students

Liberal studies @ Ryerson

Sep 21, 2007
91 posts
Vancouver
antime1 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2007 5:59 am
No you fools take astronomy which is pcs 181. It is the most ridiculously easy and fun class you will ever have. No final exam, a super short essay that ull get a 90 on for sure, no book to buy, and 2 midterms that if u study 45 minutes for u will be set.

For table B if your french is decent take mid level french classes with Stephen Veron. Every class is a joke and he litterally goofs around non stop. no homework at all, take a couple notes, write an exam on some verbs, do a dictation or 2, and your set.

Both classes like i said, have NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO homework at all. Actually french class has a quick project in groups but u can do it in a day and then your set for the term.
Do you have any idea what Kinga Zawada is like? I have him/her for next semester, and am thinking of whether or not to transfer to Stephane Veron's class instead.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7400 posts
579 upvotes
Toronto
oisy wrote:
Dec 8th, 2007 1:20 am
Do you have any idea what Kinga Zawada is like? I have him/her for next semester, and am thinking of whether or not to transfer to Stephane Veron's class instead.
ratemyprofessor.com
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2006
1890 posts
143 upvotes
Pysch courses are the easiest. All the tests/exams are multiple choice. There's an essay too. The most interesting course so far would have to be Psychology of Human Sexuality, with Dr Oren Amitay. You learn a lot of interesting things. :)

I also took GEO312 (Viva Las Vegas). It was pretty easy, though I told the prof (Bardecki) that it would've been nice to see more comparisons of Vegas and Toronto.

Caribbean Studies (with Terry) was pretty easy too.
Dec 8, 2007
100 posts
59 upvotes
I'm planning on taking ECN 440 next semester, I heard part of your mark is based on a stock marketing game =)...I never took econ in high school so this should be interesting...
This semester I took SOC 103 with Kelly Train, shes a great prof, the course is good if you're interested, the final exam (which was the Friday that just passed) was a little difficult but only because I'm not into this stuff...I just need a lower liberal and I didn't know what to take =D
Maybe I'll see you in ecn 440 =D
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2005
2771 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
SEDragon wrote:
Dec 5th, 2007 12:39 pm
Hi,

I need suggestions on what lower level liberal studies (Table A) course to take for the winter term.

I didn't really like the first one I took -_-. I want an easy course, but also one that I will learn something (useful) in lol, anyone have any suggestions?

Someone suggested I take ECN 440, anyone here taken it before? Is it hard or worth taking?

Thanks.
Depends on what you like. I'm 4th year at ryerson, I can tell you whats easy.
History of Science and Technology I,II -> If you like science and stuff. Appearing during lectures important.
Perspectives in Psychology - PSY105 -> Introduction psychology course. Multiple choice midterm, essay, multiple choice exam. Attendance not necessary, read the textbook you'll be fine.
GEO--- -> Any geo course is easy and probably interesting.
Jul 18, 2006
662 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
oisy wrote:
Dec 8th, 2007 1:20 am

I've never heard of him but just switch to Veron if you can. You will not regret it at all he's great.
Dec 18, 2007
7 posts
Toronto
Take SOC 202 Popular Culture with Prof. Muzzatti !!

Midterm: M/C (two easy Q's irrelevant to the material that were bonus marks)
Essay: not hard at all as long as you go to tutorials & listen to lectures
Final Exam: M/C (once again two bonus marks)

However, if you want to get an A in this course (like I did), you need to actually do all of the readings.

Muzzatti's a really interesting prof; the other pop culture prof I heard had much harder exams.
Jul 27, 2007
227 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
legendofxix wrote:
Dec 11th, 2007 1:48 am
Depends on what you like. I'm 4th year at ryerson,
Perspectives in Psychology - PSY105 -> Introduction psychology course. Multiple choice midterm, essay, multiple choice exam. Attendance not necessary, read the textbook you'll be fine.
Hmmm Attendance not necessary eh ? lol ... every liberal is conflicting with me having a 3 day schedule, they all seem to fall on thursday/friday... any lower liberals that fall within monday/tues/wens only ?
[OP]
Oct 14, 2007
34 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
So, how is course selection going for you guys?

I was planning to take ECN 440 and PCS 181, but they both occur at the same time, and so does one of my required course >_< dammit.

Guess I'll have to start looking for some other courses to take, fast. lol
Dec 8, 2007
100 posts
59 upvotes
SEDragon wrote:
Jan 1st, 2008 11:44 pm
So, how is course selection going for you guys?

I was planning to take ECN 440 and PCS 181, but they both occur at the same time, and so does one of my required course >_< dammit.

Guess I'll have to start looking for some other courses to take, fast. lol
haha i took ecn 440...it filled up pretty quick...I was so scared that when the 2nd years did they're course selection that they would fill up the class but luckily only one section was full by the time my enrollment period came around :P but now it's full but at least i got in =) haha but i had to wake up at like 430 to do that =(
Dec 17, 2008
1 posts
Toronto
I am taking ECN 440 next semester, does anyone happen to know the name and author of the text book?? also does anyone know if its an easy couse? if not what could be the most challenging thing in the course?
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
1471 posts
39 upvotes
Markham
I don't understand something. When I did course intention last March I enrolled myself into PCS181 - Intro to Astronomy. But just last week when they generated a timetable PCS181 wasn't on my timetable and when I do a class search both classes taught by one prof is full by 90 students each.

I though when you do course intentions you are going to get the classes you are in since your are pre-enrolled? Did this ever happened to any of you guys?

Now I am left with no liberal and all the good ones are gone even intro spanish! :mad:
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
1056 posts
34 upvotes
i took Geo110 (physical geography) this year, by far the easiest course. 1 group assignment (presentation), 1 mid term and 1 final. very easy. The prof actually gave us the first 5 questions to the midterm, and it was 30MC.. and he accidentally put one of the questions that were given prior to the midterm on the last question, so walking into the mid term you have 6/30 (20%) unless your a complete idiot. I had friends who took Astronomy and pop culture, and it sounds like they have WAY more work to do than me.

take this course!!!
Jan 1, 2007
177 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
anyone know anything about

HST 307 Canada to 1885: The Founding Societies

difficulty? exams?

and i dont recommend language courses.