Students

Liberal studies @ Ryerson

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2018 2:01 pm
Tags:
None
May 22, 2008
15 posts
Has anyone taken HST325 or HST425 (History of Science and Technology I or II)?

How was it? What did you do in it?
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2130 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
PSC181 students that took that course... Who is a good prof to take and how do you learn without a textbook, just by her notes?
Eat, Sleep & Breathe RFD!! :twisted:
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2005
2872 posts
207 upvotes
asdisme wrote:
Dec 30th, 2008 1:12 am
PSC181 students that took that course... Who is a good prof to take and how do you learn without a textbook, just by her notes?
There is only one prof that teaches the course, margaret buckby
:arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :cheesygri :eek:
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2005
2872 posts
207 upvotes
omchow wrote:
Dec 19th, 2008 2:17 pm
I don't understand something. When I did course intention last March I enrolled myself into PCS181 - Intro to Astronomy. But just last week when they generated a timetable PCS181 wasn't on my timetable and when I do a class search both classes taught by one prof is full by 90 students each.

I though when you do course intentions you are going to get the classes you are in since your are pre-enrolled? Did this ever happened to any of you guys?

Now I am left with no liberal and all the good ones are gone even intro spanish! :mad:
PCS 181 on monday/tuesday is open again now.
Get in it on jan 2nd
:arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :cheesygri :eek:
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2130 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
001Stunna wrote:
Dec 30th, 2008 11:40 am
There is only one prof that teaches the course, margaret buckby
Alright thanks, saves my time from searching!

But how is the teaching tho since there is no textbook to read...
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2005
2872 posts
207 upvotes
asdisme wrote:
Dec 30th, 2008 12:36 pm
Alright thanks, saves my time from searching!

But how is the teaching tho since there is no textbook to read...
Im taking it this coming term, from what ive heard from ppl who have taken it though its a pretty allright course. If you can take it, then do so...thats my 2 cents. If you take the monday/tuesday class...might see you in class lol
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2130 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
001Stunna wrote:
Dec 30th, 2008 1:00 pm
Im taking it this coming term, from what ive heard from ppl who have taken it though its a pretty allright course. If you can take it, then do so...thats my 2 cents. If you take the monday/tuesday class...might see you in class lol
I believe that is the only class available this winter semester, hoping to take it tho since people recommended that it was easy course :cheesygri

*pray* for open spots!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2005
2872 posts
207 upvotes
asdisme wrote:
Dec 30th, 2008 1:03 pm
I believe that is the only class available this winter semester, hoping to take it tho since people recommended that it was easy course :cheesygri

*pray* for open spots!
There is 26 Seats on mon/tue
and 1 seat on thur/frid
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2130 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
001Stunna wrote:
Dec 30th, 2008 1:11 pm
There is 26 Seats on mon/tue
and 1 seat on thur/frid
Just checked... for some reason only see thursday/friday and monday/friday :confused:
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2130 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
001Stunna wrote:
Dec 30th, 2008 1:35 pm
You are looking at winter 2009 right?
[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/23uojnr.jpg[/IMG]

thats what i see, and i am enrolled in the mon/tue class
My bad, thanks for the heads up i was writing out all the courses and profs from winter 08...!!!! :mad:

Last winter's time were so much better!
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
3642 posts
504 upvotes
she teaches everything by powerpoint and shows a couple videos but thats it. Tests are provided with a crib sheet that you will use for both tests and the slides are not hard to learn off of.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2130 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
nx6288 wrote:
Dec 30th, 2008 8:15 pm
she teaches everything by powerpoint and shows a couple videos but thats it. Tests are provided with a crib sheet that you will use for both tests and the slides are not hard to learn off of.
Wow great!!! seems like a fly by course! thanks for the info! We also get a crib sheet for the 2 test?! :-0
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2006
1333 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
asdisme wrote:
Dec 30th, 2008 8:18 pm
Wow great!!! seems like a fly by course! thanks for the info! We also get a crib sheet for the 2 test?! :-0
When she gives you the course outline, it's the very last page. It's got all the formula's you need along with important constants. Both tests are 30 M/C and the essay is on anything except for a few topics. Just show up to class to take notes. The bonus class' are actually kind of funny - alien capture with probing and the like. Brownie points are earned if you make reference to nerdy topics such as star trek, hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, etc. Brownie points are lost if your bring up the diamond core theory (those who've been in the class know the rant word-for-word).
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2003
2091 posts
1 upvote
is there any easy bird ONLINE Table A Liberals any one can recommend?

thanks