Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
1215 posts
14 upvotes

The License thread (G1 question)

Anyways, I wanna get my G1 since I'm already 16. Can anyone tell me how much does it cost, tips, suggestions, etc?
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2005
5624 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
tips : read the drivers handbook. really, if you read it, or atleast browse through it on your way to the test, you'll pass

cost : depends, anywhere from $80ish to $100+ ish. Sometimes they get you to pay for the G1 and G2 together (thats why it's a bit more expensive)

suggestions : there is a link, im pretty sure it's on the young drivers of canada site, that gives you 4 test questions. do it over and over (they give new questions randomly) to get an idea of your level.

be confident.
:) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :)
:) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :)
:) it took me 45 minutes to make this signature :(
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
16127 posts
3235 upvotes
Toronto
When I got mine, it was about $100 ...
That fee pays for your G1 and your first G2 Test from what I remember.

If you have the option to take it on a touch screen / electronically, take it. It's much easier, faster, visual / words ... it's better, all around so do it.

There's been some "Asain Bootlegs" as a sample quiz out and about, I bought mine at a local convenience store BUT NOW, they finally caught on and came out with a CD/Book that SHOULD be the same (I don't know, didn't buy it) sold at Shoppers Drug Mart.
Unlike the study book, this is a quiz book and tests your knowledge just like on the test. It's worthwhile to pay the $10-20 to save you in the long run.

Everyone says this test is easy for good reason. It is. For me, I grew up wanting to drive, so a lot was "common knowledge" but honestly, even living in the city of Toronto you can know a lot (or wherever you live, if you just watch the signs, you can figure things out) ...
Anyways your big problem will be in knowing the info about how many meters from this, how may feet from that. That's what I had to study personally.

If anything, if you're doing the test and there's people moving in and out around you, doing this and that, don't worry. You're there to take your test and can be there for as long as you need to. There's no time limit so just go through everything slowly and you should be fine.
Just visualize yourself in that situation and how would it work out.

And just remember that blue lights are for snow plows and green lights are for off-duty fire people ... that came up on mine :lol:
RedFlagDeals addict
Apr 19, 2004
662 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
The price was recently increased to $125 for your G1 licence. (That includes your G1 exit test.)