• Last Updated:
  • Jun 24th, 2011 10:10 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
3208 posts
1526 upvotes
Get a Broil King Signet 20 (3 burner, nice controls, good quality, long lasting, all parts to renew/rebuild in stock all the time) or a Signet 70 (Same as above, with a side burner) or a Signet 90 (ibid, with rotisserie, I think)

Prices $399, $499, and $599 respectively at TA appliance. I don't own one, but I would if I hadn't found a brand spanking new Weber Genesis Special Edition for $500!

A friend owns a Centro (now Cuisinart, I think same as maker of life@home) BBQ needing parts, he has waited months to no avail... He told me to find a BK or Weber on Kijiji for him!
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."
Just a guy who dabbles in lots of stuff learning along the way. I do have opinions, and readily share them!
Feb 20, 2011
260 posts
29 upvotes
fireguy9 wrote: Obviously,,,,,,,,,,,,,cant compare a $300 unit with a 800+
Correct, but you can compare it to a Weber Spirit model which has been on sale a couple of times at HD this year for a little under $500 bucks. The Weber is a 20 year BBQ and likely the last one you'll ever buy unless you just feel like you need a change. My father in law's Weber is still working perfectly after 15 years.Stainless Steel burners on a Weber even come with a 10 year warranty.

I had a 7 year old Weber that I just sold on Kijiji for $250 (in about 1 hour) and replaced it with a new Spirit natural gas model. Try that with a cheap BBQ. You'll pay a little more up front for the Weber but you'll be off the BBQ replacement merry-go-round for good and will end up saving a LOT of money in the long run. Cheers!
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
2838 posts
48 upvotes
joudbren wrote: Correct, but you can compare it to a Weber Spirit model which has been on sale a couple of times at HD this year for a little under $500 bucks. The Weber is a 20 year BBQ and likely the last one you'll ever buy unless you just feel like you need a change. My father in law's Weber is still working perfectly after 15 years.Stainless Steel burners on a Weber even come with a 10 year warranty.

I had a 7 year old Weber that I just sold on Kijiji for $250 (in about 1 hour) and replaced it with a new Spirit natural gas model. Try that with a cheap BBQ. You'll pay a little more up front for the Weber but you'll be off the BBQ replacement merry-go-round for good and will end up saving a LOT of money in the long run. Cheers!

$300 vs $500 is still a difference. I had no issues with warranty replacement parts on the phone and the bbq worked well for the yrs I had the first one and still going for my coworker. As I said I have another one which is new and good so far. You want a lifetime bbq then the one I won is the only one probably that is lifetime considering it costs $4700 LYNX is the name .
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
avoid like the plague. You have to get parts from a single company, which charge crazy prices for the part.

My heat shield rusted in 2-3 years and collasped.
one day the inner coating started to flake and was landing on food, i never used it again after that.

I learned my lesson with the life@home bbq, i got a weber genisis after that, and its like a pinto vs mustang.
May 20, 2017
1 posts
I have owned my BBQ by Life@HOme for 15 years. Yes they can rust if you leave it outside and I have replaced the Grill and the heating plates twice. But the grill still heats up in 10 minutes to over 500 f. I have never replaced the burners and I am now ready to give it away for free in working but in need of parts.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)