• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2014 9:30 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2010
1623 posts
172 upvotes
Scarbontario

Lifestyles Intra Health Drink

Is anyone fimiliar with the health drink "Intra"?

My parents got referred from a friend and he said it did miracles for him. It's suppose to cleanse your body or something with its all natural herbal ingredients and extract. Tastes like medicine syrup and you only need to take a little bit a day. I'm curious about it and I've been drinking consistently for 1 month with no effect. The product is actually really expensive, about $30 a bottle and it's bought in cases.

The company that makes the drink "Lifesyles" runs a referral thing where you could refer friends and make money selling this thing. I did a google search and some people are saying that it is a scam, and the Lifestyles membership is just a pyramid scam to induce more clients.

Anyone drink this thing? Is it any good?
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
977 upvotes
N/A
lol, fantastic.

i used to sell this, about 15-16 years ago. can't believe it's still around.
it's a MLM scheme.
i had some interest in alternative medicine back then and had some people i know join, so i tried it for a few months. pressure to sign people was great so i was very relieved when i left. this was before the dangers of MLM were well known. i remember going to conventions at hotels and how these successuful people were trying to motivate us to make money. i was awed by it back then. i don't think the stuff can do you any harm, it's mostly grape juice from what i remember, but it's unlikely that it will cure people of anything but their money. it looks like the inventor of the drink is no longer endorsing the product, so the fomulation may have changed since.
http://www.health-report.co.uk/intra_intra.html

me and the people who signed me up rented a booth at the outdoors show on the CNE grounds back then and we were basically selling snake oil to strangers. we were making all kinds of wild medical claims, like Intra will help with lactos intolerance, constipation, menstral cramps, and ADD. yep, ADD. it was the cure all of the century. we fully convinced ourselves that Intra did all that, because we had all kinds of anecdotal evidence from satisfied customers. i was very green and even more naïve than i am now. it was a valuable life experience for me. this is when i learned that 'testimonials' mean jack squat.
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2010
1623 posts
172 upvotes
Scarbontario
ippon wrote:
Aug 18th, 2011 1:06 am
lol, fantastic.

i used to sell this, about 15-16 years ago. can't believe it's still around.
it's a MLM scheme.
i had some interest in alternative medicine back then and had some people i know join, so i tried it for a few months. pressure to sign people was great so i was very relieved when i left. this was before the dangers of MLM were well known. i remember going to conventions at hotels and how these successuful people were trying to motivate us to make money. i was awed by it back then. i don't think the stuff can do you any harm, it's mostly grape juice from what i remember, but it's unlikely that it will cure people of anything but their money. it looks like the inventor of the drink is no longer endorsing the product, so the fomulation may have changed since.
http://www.health-report.co.uk/intra_intra.html

me and the people who signed me up rented a booth at the outdoors show on the CNE grounds back then and we were basically selling snake oil to strangers. we were making all kinds of wild medical claims, like Intra will help with lactos intolerance, constipation, menstral cramps, and ADD. yep, ADD. it was the cure all of the century. we fully convinced ourselves that Intra did all that, because we had all kinds of anecdotal evidence from satisfied customers. i was very green and even more naïve than i am now. it was a valuable life experience for me. this is when i learned that 'testimonials' mean jack squat.

Wow. Thanks so much on the insightful reply. Might I ask what is s MLM you speak of?

My parents just love this stuff... they're feeling the full (psychological) effect after drinking it for a while. It's unfreezing how my dad now officially is a Lifestyles member and he goes to the Toronto Intra chapter meetings where they have "all you can drink sessions". I hope he dosen't give up his day job to sell this product full time!

Should I convince them that it's not worth the price/time to continue drinking? Would it do more harm than good? It's just really not that good of a deal for my parents to buy into this scheme.

What they really need to improve their health is physical excercise. :facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
977 upvotes
N/A
dr wrote:
Aug 18th, 2011 1:43 am
Wow. Thanks so much on the insightful reply. Might I ask what is s MLM you speak of?

My parents just love this stuff... they're feeling the full (psychological) effect after drinking it for a while. It's unfreezing how my dad now officially is a Lifestyles member and he goes to the Toronto Intra chapter meetings where they have "all you can drink sessions". I hope he dosen't give up his day job to sell this product full time!

Should I convince them that it's not worth the price/time to continue drinking? Would it do more harm than good? It's just really not that good of a deal for my parents to buy into this scheme.

What they really need to improve their health is physical excercise. :facepalm:

MLM is multi-level marketing, also known as pyramid selling; think Amway: probably the most well known MLM company.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-level_marketing

very few people make money at MLM. some do, but those are people who put in crazy hours and truly dedicate themselves into the business model. MLM product may be good, but the business model is in the business of selling a mirage.

you are probably right about your folks needing nothing more than some excercise to improve their health. i am going to take a wild stab here and say that your dad doesn't enjoy his job so much and he just wants to do something that makes him feel good. at the stage in his life, he's paid his dues to do whatever he wants i think, but do tell him that there are people who have ruined lives doing MLM. it's a very social thing, this MLM, and it gives people a sense of community and belonging. if he likes drinking the stuff, fine, but do tell him that the chances of him actually making money at it is probably very very very very low, like zero.

the draw of something like Intra is that it makes one feel like they are genuinely helping others, while it is nothing more than a herbal juice. i am now of belief that herbal supplements are unneeded and overrated. modern medicine is great, but too complicated and is a complete mystery to us, while we feel like we can 'trust' something that comes from nature, so something like this draws us in.
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1294 upvotes
ippon wrote:
Aug 18th, 2011 1:06 am
i don't think the stuff can do you any harm, it's mostly grape juice from what i remember, but it's unlikely that it will cure people of anything but their money.

we were basically selling snake oil to strangers. we were making all kinds of wild medical claims, like Intra will help with lactos intolerance, constipation, menstral cramps, and ADD. yep, ADD. it was the cure all of the century. we fully convinced ourselves that Intra did all that, because we had all kinds of anecdotal evidence from satisfied customers. i was very green and even more naïve than i am now. it was a valuable life experience for me. this is when i learned that 'testimonials' mean jack squat.
Sounds a lot like the Noni Juice scam........

" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
7537 posts
375 upvotes
I guinea pig'd myself into drinking a bottle on behalf of my wife cause my in-laws (firm intra believers) gave Mrs. Stock a bottle.

I diligently drank everyday and found no difference. I didn't feel revitalized, more energetic, etc. I didn't notice any negatives either.

Now I'm guinea pigging myself with Usana...

I hate MLM supplements :(
Dec 30, 1969
5 posts
2 upvotes
Winnipeg
dr wrote:
Aug 17th, 2011 11:48 pm
Is anyone fimiliar with the health drink "Intra"?

My parents got referred from a friend and he said it did miracles for him. It's suppose to cleanse your body or something with its all natural herbal ingredients and extract. Tastes like medicine syrup and you only need to take a little bit a day. I'm curious about it and I've been drinking consistently for 1 month with no effect. The product is actually really expensive, about $30 a bottle and it's bought in cases.

The company that makes the drink "Lifesyles" runs a referral thing where you could refer friends and make money selling this thing. I did a google search and some people are saying that it is a scam, and the Lifestyles membership is just a pyramid scam to induce more clients.

Anyone drink this thing? Is it any good?
Ok....if this is the same drink I am thinking of than all i can say is this is a 'miracle in a bottle' Many years ago my sister got into selling this 'super drink'. I remember that it took a while to get used to the taste of it. As for the color....back then it was light yellow/brownish with dark specks in it (that was one of the herbs in it, i think). Only took a little 'capful' a day of it. I was skeptical at first, but I tried a bottle and I was really amazed with how great I started to feel. I had increased energy, sharper focus, and a better sense of well being. I was just happier. BUT...I also discovered that the sicker you are....the more amazing results you will have. I know this because we gave it to my mom. She was very sick for many years and on lots of meds that made her very lethargic and sleepy.Low energy and sad...ALOT. But, after taking this drink for a while...the changes in her were nothing short of MIRACULOUS!!! My children were younger at the time and whenever we came to visit, my mom barely had energy to talk ...playing with them was NEVER an option. AFter weeks of being on this 'super drink'....she was riding her bike again, laughing and smiling and actually running around with my kids and PLAYING WITH THEM!! My sister and I were SO AMAZED that we offered to pay for all her future bottles. we just wanted her to keep taking it because the benefits were truly incredible. She didn't see it that way and unfortunately, when the bottle was finished..so was she. Sadly, it didn't take long before was back in her sad,tired world again. The reason I am replying to this question is because I have recently been thinking about this 'super drink' due to illness I have been dealing with and my daughter has been sick also. I also just want to get myself and my kids on it because I KNOW from EXPERIENCE how GREAT this drink is and how truly effective it is. So...if it is the drink i think it is, I don't know about any kind of 'scheme' but I will DEFINITELY be getting it again for myself...and now for my kids. (sadly, my mom recently passed away. Wish she was still around for me to get her back on it because i know it would have been of the greatest benefit to her) The thing is...the sicker you are...it appears the better the results. If you aren't really sick or have major issues with being tired, you may not notice any great benefit...but also, some ppl notice it takes longer to feel any benefit. I DEFINITELY recommend that you keep taking it, because you will probably notice a change when you start taking the 2nd bottle (which is when my sister started to have increased energy). BTW...I think it used to be much more expensive thatn $30/bottle. So, I will be getting one for my older daughter who has a very busy schedule and has had health issues over the years and does tend to get sick easily. I believe all my kids could really benefit from this as well!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
5983 posts
1163 upvotes
Scarborough
Diana214 wrote:
Aug 17th, 2014 1:45 pm
Ok....if this is the same drink I am thinking of than all i can say is this is a 'miracle in a bottle' Many years ago my sister got into selling this 'super drink'. I remember that it took a while to get used to the taste of it. As for the color....back then it was light yellow/brownish with dark specks in it (that was one of the herbs in it, i think). Only took a little 'capful' a day of it. I was skeptical at first, but I tried a bottle and I was really amazed with how great I started to feel. I had increased energy, sharper focus, and a better sense of well being. I was just happier. BUT...I also discovered that the sicker you are....the more amazing results you will have. I know this because we gave it to my mom. She was very sick for many years and on lots of meds that made her very lethargic and sleepy.Low energy and sad...ALOT. But, after taking this drink for a while...the changes in her were nothing short of MIRACULOUS!!! My children were younger at the time and whenever we came to visit, my mom barely had energy to talk ...playing with them was NEVER an option. AFter weeks of being on this 'super drink'....she was riding her bike again, laughing and smiling and actually running around with my kids and PLAYING WITH THEM!! My sister and I were SO AMAZED that we offered to pay for all her future bottles. we just wanted her to keep taking it because the benefits were truly incredible. She didn't see it that way and unfortunately, when the bottle was finished..so was she. Sadly, it didn't take long before was back in her sad,tired world again. The reason I am replying to this question is because I have recently been thinking about this 'super drink' due to illness I have been dealing with and my daughter has been sick also. I also just want to get myself and my kids on it because I KNOW from EXPERIENCE how GREAT this drink is and how truly effective it is. So...if it is the drink i think it is, I don't know about any kind of 'scheme' but I will DEFINITELY be getting it again for myself...and now for my kids. (sadly, my mom recently passed away. Wish she was still around for me to get her back on it because i know it would have been of the greatest benefit to her) The thing is...the sicker you are...it appears the better the results. If you aren't really sick or have major issues with being tired, you may not notice any great benefit...but also, some ppl notice it takes longer to feel any benefit. I DEFINITELY recommend that you keep taking it, because you will probably notice a change when you start taking the 2nd bottle (which is when my sister started to have increased energy). BTW...I think it used to be much more expensive thatn $30/bottle. So, I will be getting one for my older daughter who has a very busy schedule and has had health issues over the years and does tend to get sick easily. I believe all my kids could really benefit from this as well!
wow, sounds incredible. just curious but how does it taste? it certainly sounds shillicious!
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1299 posts
195 upvotes
Markham
Let me tell you, this miracle fluid solved my physical, financial, emotional, car engine issues that I have been having for the last 5000 years.
I highly recommend this to anyone of all age, gender, and with money....
Dec 30, 1969
5 posts
2 upvotes
Winnipeg
BDSL wrote:
Aug 18th, 2014 4:45 pm
Let me tell you, this miracle fluid solved my physical, financial, emotional, car engine issues that I have been having for the last 5000 years.
I highly recommend this to anyone of all age, gender, and with money....
hardee hardee haw haw...too bad it didn't solve your inability to be funny! as for your negative sarcasm...unfortunately there is NO miracle for THAT.
× < >