Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
LightInTheBox.com

Xiaomi Mi Box Int'l ($84 CDN + FS)

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2018 3:11 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2002
1091 posts
477 upvotes

[LightInTheBox.com] Xiaomi Mi Box Int'l ($84 CDN + FS)

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
LightInTheBox.com
More offers from LightInTheBox.com
First post and didn't see it posted from search

Saw the Mi Box for $84 CDN and free shipping unless you want it shipped express

Appears similar to the one from NCIX for $109 I purchased so for $84 CDN sounds good ~ models/box/remote looks very similar

Looks like they also have some cheap keypads/remotes
Thread Summary
Use ebates (6%) for cashback , was 15% until yesterday
Use: CDM6USIRMAY for $8.34 off
MIBOX for $4.87 off
(But you can't use both)
1425 replies
Jan 8, 2006
834 posts
171 upvotes
are these guys safe to order from? seems like there's a tonne of poor reviews but they may date back to several years ago. anyone ordered anything from LightInTheBox recently? I already picked one of these up on the NCIX $109 deal but could use another.
Oct 9, 2014
375 posts
529 upvotes
YEG, YXE, YYZ
If this comes out of China and doesn't ship by ePacket, you may have to wait a couple of months. Otherwise nice price.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3142 posts
2238 upvotes
if anyone is going buy use coupon code MIBOX to save

The coupon code "MIBOX " is valid! Your discount is CAD $ 4.87 (expiration date: 05/31/2017)

Just ordered with the duty and taxes insurance. Will provide review in 15 days once received.
Last edited by J_u_n_i_o_r_3 on Apr 22nd, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 11, 2017
516 posts
830 upvotes
Ottawa
Buyer beware. There is a weird Netflix bug with some of these boxes that not everyone has been able to find a fix for.

Most of them don't have that issue but just check the return policy before ordering. I got mine from Walmart US when I was physically down in the States so returning would be a hassle.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Ah1800 wrote: Buyer beware. There is a weird Netflix bug with some of these boxes that not everyone has been able to find a fix for.

Most of them don't have that issue but just check the return policy before ordering. I got mine from Walmart US when I was physically down in the States so returning would be a hassle.
There was an update to the firmware on the box on the 19th, specifically for Netflix, according to what my box said before it updated, and after the update, no more netflix stuttering.

ALso, great price on this box, bought mine at WM in the US as well, but tempted to order one now again, solid box...
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2009
1085 posts
409 upvotes
My wife bought her wedding dress of all things from this site and everything went well, I think she has bought a few more things and no issues.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Only showing EU plug adapter version. Is there one that ships with the US adapter? Otherwise, may as well get another from Walmart, no wait time, and have a return policy for only $10 more, which you could spend easily trying to find a NA plug adapter.
Also, to confirm, they call this the international version... that's the same one sold at Walmart, correct? The other version being the Chinese version? There isn't a US, Int and China, correct? Model number appears to be the exact same as the WM one.

Hoping to find US one, with the code it $79... that's a steal!

NVM, I went down and see that they say they include the adapter for the country specified in shipping... ordering.. Paypal for insurance.
Anyone bother buying the Duty etc insurance? I have never had duties for stuff from overseas.
Last edited by jackass_ca on Apr 22nd, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Feb 11, 2017
516 posts
830 upvotes
Ottawa
jackass_ca wrote: There was an update to the firmware on the box on the 19th, specifically for Netflix, according to what my box said before it updated, and after the update, no more netflix stuttering.

ALso, great price on this box, bought mine at WM in the US as well, but tempted to order one now again, solid box...
hey..

The issue I'm referring to is more than stuttering. You are not able to play anything at all. I'm not sure if you are referring to the same thing. It is described here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/comm ... th_the_mi/

And here:

walmart-mi-box-android-tv-back-walmart- ... #p27249835
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Ah1800 wrote: hey..

The issue I'm referring to is more than stuttering. You are not able to play anything at all. I'm not sure if you are referring to the same thing. It is described here:

And here:

I know there were a bunch of issues regarding netflix and my stuttering one, was one of them ,but not as prevalent. However, I would check your software updates, make sure you got the April 18th or 19th one, it says it is specifically to fix the Netflix playback issues, specific to the Mi box.
I also have the google nexus player and it used to do the "We're having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title". error every now and then, but hardly ever, I always attributed it to spotty wifi. It hasn't done it in ages though
Last edited by jackass_ca on Apr 22nd, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
4072 posts
1959 upvotes
Toronto
J_u_n_i_o_r_3 wrote: if anyone is going buy use coupon code MIBOX to save

The coupon code "MIBOX " is valid! Your discount is CAD $ 4.87 (expiration date: 05/31/2017)

Just ordered with the duty and taxes insurance. Will provide review in 15 days once received.
Can you use the coupon code when paying with paypal?

How much is duty/taxes insurance?
May 29, 2008
748 posts
1290 upvotes
Halifax, NS
In the past we bought $80usd worth of stuff from Light in the Box. They shipped DHL and we got a bill for $40 (customs clearance fee). We had bought the duty & tax insurance ($2.24usd) and Light in the Box reimbursed us within 3 days.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Frugal_in_Halifax wrote: In the past we bought $80usd worth of stuff from Light in the Box. They shipped DHL and we got a bill for $40 (customs clearance fee). We had bought the duty & tax insurance ($2.24usd) and Light in the Box reimbursed us within 3 days.
Did you select Express shipping? Usually regular shipment, goes China air to USPS, then Canada Post. I guess for $2 it's a great insurance

Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
2197 posts
2411 upvotes
Ah1800 wrote: hey..

And here:

You are correct. I have this issue with my mibox and no update has fixed it yet. It's a PITA !
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3142 posts
2238 upvotes
GSD wrote: Can you use the coupon code when paying with paypal?

How much is duty/taxes insurance?
yes you can like 2 dollars or something
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3142 posts
2238 upvotes
Frugal_in_Halifax wrote: In the past we bought $80usd worth of stuff from Light in the Box. They shipped DHL and we got a bill for $40 (customs clearance fee). We had bought the duty & tax insurance ($2.24usd) and Light in the Box reimbursed us within 3 days.
did you order express?
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3142 posts
2238 upvotes
Total Bill with shipping insurance and duty insurance
----------------------------------------
Shipping Date Estimate Shipping Time Shipped Via Tracking Number Action
Estimated:
11 - 14 business days Postal Service - Tracking --
Check your order progress
Custom Duty Issue
Mi Box (MDZ-16-AB) Cortex-A53 Android TV Box,RAM 2GB ROM 8GB Quad Core WiFi 802.11n Bluetooth 4.0 Mi Box (MDZ-16-AB) Cortex-A53 Android TV Box,RAM 2GB ROM 8GB Quad Core WiFi 802.11n Bluetooth 4.0

Power Adapter: EU Adapter

Quantity: 1

Cost: CAD $83.39
Write a Review
Subtotal (1 item): CAD $ 83.39
Shipping Charges & Insurance: CAD $ 3.58
(-) Coupon Savings: CAD $ 4.87
Grand Total: CAD $ 82.10
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
that's a hot price for the Mi box, nice find OP. i believe there are three versions, NA version only available at Walmart U.S., International version that comes with plug adapter (has EU plug), and the Chinese version.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)