Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
LightInTheBox.com

Xiaomi Mi Box Int'l ($84 CDN + FS)

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2018 3:11 pm
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Saiash wrote: Does it mean that foreign exchange rate and currency conversion fee are added in CAD $ 77.93?
what was your total through LITB? 77.93 CAD? If so, you will be charged in CAD. 77.93. no fx fees.

If you were charged in USD, then rate and conversion fee would apply.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Jan 21, 2010
20 posts
2 upvotes
ottawa
Decided I was going to submit a form today and not wait till the 3rd. Got an email saying they will add it to my account and now it shows $4.97 from light in the box but still a Cash Back Balance of $0.00 and no sign up bonus. Not a very good experience so far.
Dec 13, 2016
93 posts
4 upvotes
nasa25 wrote: what was your total through LITB? 77.93 CAD? If so, you will be charged in CAD. 77.93. no fx fees.

If you were charged in USD, then rate and conversion fee would apply.
The confusion is LITB email payment confirmation shows USD 59.99? In PayPal was billed CAD 77.93?
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Saiash wrote: The confusion is LITB email payment confirmation shows USD 59.99? In PayPal was billed CAD 77.93?
yeah I don't know why the email shows USD.....it's charged in CAD on paypal. The amount that you authorized via paypal (in CAD) is what you will see billed.
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Christoforo wrote: Decided I was going to submit a form today and not wait till the 3rd. Got an email saying they will add it to my account and now it shows $4.97 from light in the box but still a Cash Back Balance of $0.00 and no sign up bonus. Not a very good experience so far.
email them back asking about the sign up bonus. When I inquired they added my 6% cash back ($4.75) first and then added the $5 a bit later when I followed up asking about it. The guy said it would take 24 hours but showed up within an hour after my inquiry.
Dec 13, 2016
93 posts
4 upvotes
nasa25 wrote: yeah I don't know why the email shows USD.....it's charged in CAD on paypal. The amount that you authorized via paypal (in CAD) is what you will see billed.
Let's see what amount comes up in our statement will know in couple of days!
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Saiash wrote: Let's see what amount comes up in our statement will know in couple of days!
it's cad. I can tell you right now.

Bought a mibox on Tuesday for $82.10 and $82.10 came out of my bank account.
Dec 13, 2016
93 posts
4 upvotes
nasa25 wrote: it's cad. I can tell you right now.

Bought a mibox on Tuesday for $82.10 and $82.10 came out of my bank account.
thanks
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2011
1151 posts
340 upvotes
Christoforo wrote: How long does it take for Ebates to show your cashback. I have 1 .ca and 1 .com order but both still show $0.
Mine showed up instantly. I had to switch browsers because the $5 new acct promo wouldn't show up on the browser that had my old acct and didn't want to bother with clearing cookies/cache. Best give them a call to manually adjust.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2011
1151 posts
340 upvotes
posttime wrote: Has anyone else been asked to provide more info?

Additional Information:
Dear Customer,

Thank you for shopping with us. We have received your payment. This is our risk control procedure.
We need further information to protect the profits of the owner of the payment card .This information is needed for payment verification purposes only.
Could you please provide us:
- A picture of your bill, such as bill of Electricity and water, which can also show the shipping address
Please understand that we can only start to process your order after we confirm the payment in the system.
We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Alison
Customer Service Lightinthebox.com
Maybe something s up with your card. Don't think anybody else got this message. Try using another card.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2011
1151 posts
340 upvotes
yao416 wrote: So apparently my TV has built in kodi.... just found out last night after 1 year of ownership. Lol
Is it a Sony? Samsungs don't have Kodi. ... Maybe you don't need this box.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10712 upvotes
Hamilton
KMKM wrote: Is it a Sony? Samsungs don't have Kodi. ... Maybe you don't need this box.
Yup. Sony
hated on but respected.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10712 upvotes
Hamilton
Tempted to reorder it though. I cancelled it earlier.

It's so hard to work kodi on the tv
hated on but respected.
Jan 21, 2010
20 posts
2 upvotes
ottawa
Has any of the orders shipped yet. My orders are still processing.
Jun 29, 2008
478 posts
184 upvotes
Those who opened up an ebates.com account to receive the rebate in USD... Will the payout be converted into CAD and into your PayPal account or will it stay in USD?
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Christoforo wrote: Has any of the orders shipped yet. My orders are still processing.
One guy had his order ship yesterday or the day before. He ordered on April 22.
Last edited by nasa25 on May 1st, 2017 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
therein60mins wrote: Those who opened up an ebates.com account to receive the rebate in USD... Will the payout be converted into CAD and into your PayPal account or will it stay in USD?
Once it's paid out into your paypal account it will be in USD. Then you can either spend the US funds out of your paypal account or deposit it into your bank account, at which point it would be converted into cad. Same as when you sell stuff online and are paid in US dollars to your PayPal account.

Better to save those usd in your PayPal account for when you want to buy something in usd. PayPal will hit you hard to convert it to cad
May 12, 2011
598 posts
1158 upvotes
Calgary
Do no see how it could be hot. Outdated processor with 8Gb flash for $85? Common.
For these money you can get GT1 box with S912X CPU and 2/16GB

The mice wept, pricked themselves, but couldn't stop eating the cactus.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2001
5032 posts
774 upvotes
Toronto
wolandca wrote: Do no see how it could be hot. Outdated processor with 8Gb flash for $85? Common.
Really, you are comparing to the crappy chinese boxes and mobile phone is.
You can give a person knowledge, but you can't make them think. Some people want to remain fools because the truth requires change.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
wolandca wrote: Do no see how it could be hot. Outdated processor with 8Gb flash for $85? Common.
Doesn't matter if it has 32gb ram and 1000000tb storage. Mobile android os on a TV box is absolute garbage