Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Linen Chest

Breville the Smart Oven™ Pizzaiolo Reg $1,099.00 Sale 20% at $879.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2020 1:22 am
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15196 posts
5016 upvotes
Here 'n There

Breville the Smart Oven™ Pizzaiolo Reg $1,099.00 Sale 20% at $879.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
20%
Retailer:
The Linen Chest
This can only be purchased online. This is arguably one of the best home Neapolitan pizza ovens on the market today. Breville Australia spent many years developing it. It is electric, heats to 750F/400C and takes only 90-120 seconds to make an authentic up to 12" diameter Neapolitan pizza with the leopard spots. I checked it out online and it is the real deal. It can also make many other types of pizzas, cook vegetables at very high heat and make flatbreads and foccacia. It has different settings for the different foods and pizzas. A bonus is that it heats to 750F within 20 minutes using a 115V outlet compared to my Wolf electric oven which runs on 220V and takes longer than 20 min to get to only 550F. A chef I know swears by it. I'm getting one today while it is on sale.

One of the chefs at Pizza Libretto, one of the best Neapolitan pizza resto's in Toronto did a demonstration with Breville of this pizza oven. I saw the pictures of the final product. I could not tell the difference in the crust between it and Pizza Libretto's. Perfect Neapolitan pizza with leopard spots on the crust and underneath in under 2 minutes.

Here is a video of how it was developed and you can find many reviews about it by searching online:

Last edited by eonibm on May 6th, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
292 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2001
2014 posts
665 upvotes
Calgary
Jesus...

I spent $150 on a PizzaCraft PizzaQue Outdoor Pizza Oven when it was 50% off on Amazon and I thought I was crazy...

My wife would cut my balls off and roast them in this oven...
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3158 posts
6406 upvotes
As much as I love Breville products, I would never buy this at this price when wood burning is the superior product. You can buy an uuni 3 or a Weber pizza kettle for a fraction of this price and I guarantee that you will get better results.

Edit: at this price you can actually buy both
Last edited by Guest98234897234 on May 6th, 2019 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2863 posts
2537 upvotes
Vancouveresque
Please put the (absurd) price in the title.
Nobody cares which companies you use/subscribe to on a monthly basis unless there is a deal to be had. Why advertise for them in your forum signature?
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12388 posts
6570 upvotes
Vaughan
Gave you an upvote OP because I love pizza and admire that you'll go to this length to have at home. :)
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2015
1165 posts
690 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I wouldn't buy this, but is there anything comparable that sits on your countertop? I say a deal is a deal even if most people here would rather spend that money on video games and chicken nuggets. Upvote from me.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2012
1170 posts
1056 upvotes
Ottawa
I'll stick to my pizza steal for now. I'd maybe consider this if it was 70-80% off....
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2005
5355 posts
2721 upvotes
WFH
georgep wrote: I wouldn't buy this, but is there anything comparable that sits on your countertop? I say a deal is a deal even if most people here would rather spend that money on video games and chicken nuggets. Upvote from me.
https://www.costco.ca/Forno-Magnifico-E ... 82603.html IIRC, they promo it at ~$100 now and again. I'm sure it's not as good but it might be close enough for 1/8 the price.

...but I agree, a deal is a deal, even if it's not for everyone
Dec 26, 2012
126 posts
92 upvotes
dirtmover wrote: https://www.costco.ca/Forno-Magnifico-E ... 82603.html IIRC, they promo it at ~$100 now and again. I'm sure it's not as good but it might be close enough for 1/8 the price.

...but I agree, a deal is a deal, even if it's not for everyone
We've had the Forno for about 6 years and very happy with it, although it is time for a new one as recently it doesn't heat evenly. I have to rotate the pizza a few times until I find it on sale at Costco again. At $100 on sale, it is about the cost of four decent order-in pizzas. With a houseful of young teenagers that want relatively plain pizza, this does a great job on Costco Kirkland cheese or pepperoni pizzas.
Nov 8, 2012
442 posts
512 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Me thinks the regular price will be a couple hundred bucks lower in a year or so. Breville set this at an insane price. Till then my grill with wood chips FTW.
Oct 21, 2005
837 posts
812 upvotes
Come on, people. Dick Hoare didn't invent this thing just for you all to scoff at the price.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9951 posts
2434 upvotes
Toronto
$879.99 is the regular "promotional" price for this item. The wholesale cost of this item is under $700 but you will not find it advertised online below $879.99 since this is MAP by Breville.
May 14, 2013
735 posts
1386 upvotes
At this price, does this also come with the stone oven and the chimney?
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
1172 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto
kimwoobingsu wrote: As much as I love Breville products, I would never buy this at this price when wood burning is the superior product. You can buy an uuni 3 or a Weber pizza kettle for a fraction of this price and I guarantee that you will get better results.

Edit: at this price you can actually buy both
You're not going to put a kettle inside the house. This is an indoor product.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3158 posts
6406 upvotes
4flava wrote: $879.99 is the regular "promotional" price for this item. The wholesale cost of this item is under $700 but you will not find it advertised online below $879.99 since this is MAP by Breville.
Do you have a wholesale connection?
I want a control freak and the cheapest I can find it for is $1325.

Do you happen to know wholesale pricing for this?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2716 posts
3029 upvotes
Oakville
In order to justify my vitamix and super-automatic espresso machine to myself, I had to come up with a payback period. I can't imagine this appliance ever being paid off. I'd get sick of this style of pizza long before eating enough of them to justify spending $1000 on the unit.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4777 posts
5070 upvotes
East GTA
I remember a year or two ago seeing a BBQ pizza oven, anyone own that? I remember people getting it for a steal for around $40, retail was $100+.
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9951 posts
2434 upvotes
Toronto
kimwoobingsu wrote: Do you have a wholesale connection?
I want a control freak and the cheapest I can find it for is $1325.

Do you happen to know wholesale pricing for this?
Nope but wholesale cost is generally MSRP less 40%

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)