Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Liquidation World Warehouse Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 30th, 2008 8:35 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Mar 6, 2008
35 posts
Liquidation world sells crap that no other retailer would dare sell. the merchandise is old and defective. their buyers are obviously stupid because they buy crap that is useless. ie white shirts where the collars bleed like crazy.
Jul 29, 2003
78 posts
AND I just wanted to add your link to the picture of the china cabinet missing in this $3000 suite, means that half the value, if not more, is gone...so
you are just selling just the tables and chairs for what, full price @ $1500? LMFAO...

cmon. I hope your bosses didn't put you up to this...or has the furniture side of liquidation world gone commission... fess up dude.. save your money and buy a table and china cabinet cheaper from... shudder leons or ...the brick UUGH!!!
riggings wrote: After the Brantford Warehouse Sale ended they were left with one trailer of product, which we have received in our Leamington Liquidation World location. The prices will be insane. The best piece of the trailer a brand name furniture manufacturer black dining set with sideboard missing china cabinet click the link to see the set. http://www.morrisathome.com/Image.aspx? ... -08-B2.jpg retail price according to the manufacturer is over $3500.00 U.S. our price will be an unbelievable price of $1500.00! You can't even find this set used for that price! Again this is only at the Leamington Liquidation World and will be available for sale this Thursday, March 13th at 9 a.m. don't miss out!
Jul 29, 2003
78 posts
not quite true... I have bought many an item from liquidation world in the past and have gotten some great deals... just recently I have noticed that they are selling close to retail prices for stuff i used to get at great prices...so if you are buying recently like yourself ,then yes you are...!! LOL

your anectdote not mine about shirts that bleed... was it red.. did they scream out in pain when they bled???
snowlesson wrote: Liquidation world sells crap that no other retailer would dare sell. the merchandise is old and defective. their buyers are obviously stupid because they buy crap that is useless. ie white shirts where the collars bleed like crazy.
Banned
Mar 6, 2008
35 posts
fmpsportsguy wrote: not quite true... I have bought many an item from liquidation world in the past and have gotten some great deals... just recently I have noticed that they are selling close to retail prices for stuff i used to get at great prices...so if you are buying recently like yourself ,then yes you are...!! LOL

your anectdote not mine about shirts that bleed... was it red.. did they scream out in pain when they bled???
you can always do better by shopping sales at other stores. ive had too many things turn out to be defective to have any faith any liquidation world. hate to think where their food comes from. sometimes stuff goes on sale and you can get good prices. they sell a lot of stuff people think is expensive but is not.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20807 posts
6623 upvotes
London
You guys must be joking. A brand new sealed Moen kitchen faucet kit:
From LW $40
[IMG]http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee14 ... q052-1.jpg[/IMG]
From Home Depot $140
http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stor ... evel1_Moen
From ebay $50-$70
http://cgi.ebay.ca/NIB-MOEN-Platinum-Ki ... dZViewItem

Thats 70% off Home Depot, 50% Internet Moen stores, 20%+ off ebay prices
May 29, 2005
805 posts
Near Thunder Bay
I go into Liquidation World every time I go to Thunder Bay and 80% of the time I don't see anything I want or that is decent "BUT" 20% of the time I find a slamming deal on something. All depends on what your looking for.
Mar 29, 2005
349 posts
It all depends on what your looking for.
You can find good deals...and sometimes it's worth while to go to ther discount stores.

I do agree...LW is a hit or miss....if prices were lower...alot of the stuff would clear out and not look like "Consumers Distributing" from the 80's (where you have tons of inventory that isn't moving.
(I can give plenty of other examples of what LW looks like...but if they lower the price...alot of stuff would be gone and they would be able to refresh their stock, make the place look nicer and at least attracting).

DoC
Feb 25, 2008
358 posts
22 upvotes
LW has a lot of junk, but yet sometimes you can find something of value at a bargain. Often you have rumage through a pile of stuff in a bid to find what your after. This also can be said about other stores that liquidate items.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8234 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
Agreed. Their stores like like awful. Very unorganized. They need to fix this.
HandsomeDoc786 wrote: ......but if they lower the price...alot of stuff would be gone and they would be able to refresh their stock, make the place look nicer and at least attracting).

DoC
Jul 29, 2003
78 posts
WOW AT 70% OFF...
hmmmm

why aren't there more deals posted THESE days at liquidation world....

basically they buy closeout/bankruptcies at pennies on the dollar and then just try and pass them off as less than half off retail .. as a deal. PLUS NO WARRANTY< NO RETURNS.. thats why on RFD you won't see many posts..now in the past they have shown up.. but that was when they ACTUALLY liquidated stock... funny huh

funny thing is zellers was doing a 75% off sale this past weekend... and has done it more frequently and got more "press"

who would have thunk it
snowlesson wrote: how many hot deals are posted about liquidation world?
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
fmpsportsguy wrote: why aren't there more deals posted THESE days at liquidation world....

basically they buy closeout/bankruptcies at pennies on the dollar and then just try and pass them off as less than half off retail .. as a deal. PLUS NO WARRANTY< NO RETURNS.. thats why on RFD you won't see many posts..now in the past they have shown up.. but that was when they ACTUALLY liquidated stock... funny huh
Their return policy is 30 days, just like most other retailers these days... and that is for refund or exchange, unlike Factory Direct, or XS Cargo. I will agree, the deals are not as great as they were originally, but there are still some to be had... picked a ton of Weiser locks and locksets for 75% off... Locksets that retail for $189, for $44.99, and deadbolts, etc, that retail for $45, for $10. Just have to get lucky I guess... it would be easier to see the deals, if the store stock was arranged a little neater!
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
fmpsportsguy wrote: Liquidation world has gone downhill IMHO of late, the word "liquidation" has seemed to disappeared from their sales approach. A whopping 40% off the sticker price (full retail) last load of crap from a US pharmacy CANNOT be considered liquidating... this stuff has sat there for 3 months.. rather than be organised its all in big boxes mixed together... going to be like all the radio shack stuff that sat in their stores for almost a year before they blew everything out for 5 items for a dollar... now that is liquidating..

I've had my eye on some bath fixtures that have sat at the same price for 4 months... will wait unil they are 75% off...

I guess its just another case of a retailer getting greedy and buying stuff for pennies on the dollar and tring to get close to retail prices.... bring back the old business plan where items kept on getting reduced the longer they sat...
I concur here... the 40% off that pharmacy stuff is a joke... I would have thought by now, they would have upped the discount on that stuff... The employee that says 40% off US retail prices and thinks it's still a good deal, then why has the PILE not even started to diminish in any store I have seen it in? At least the radio shack stuff was going, even before they totally lowered the price... Some deals, they must have not got so cheap, because there are some things that sit in those stores forever, and really, there is no need or appeal for them, at 40% off, maybe at 75 or 80% people would jump...
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20807 posts
6623 upvotes
London
jackass_ca wrote: .... Just have to get lucky I guess... it would be easier to see the deals, if the store stock was arranged a little neater!
If LW had an on-line presence like XSCargo and Factory Direct, it would be a lot easier. LW has no flyers like XS an FD. Also stock seems to vary from store to store whereas XS and FD carry the same stuff in each store.

Not so good as the Moen stuff, but still OK deal:
Dorel 24" Kids mountain bike with double suspension in sealed boxes (Imported for Walmart Canada)
Walmart = $100 at some point in the past, currently $199 http://www.walmart.ca/wps-portal/storel ... goryId=898
TRU = $140 http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... age=family
Walmart US = $99 http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=8399243
CT=$90 on sale 50% off http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... t=mountain
LW=$70
[IMG]http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee14 ... m/b062.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee14 ... m/b067.jpg[/IMG]
May 25, 2007
49 posts
First off let me say I'm not here to start ww3 anyone just stating my opinion that 40% off of U.S. retail pricing on the drug store deal I think is a great deal, I can't walk into any other drug store in Canada right now and expect their entire store to be 40% off maybe Boxing week but that's about the extent of it.

[QUOTE]I concur here... the 40% off that pharmacy stuff is a joke... I would have thought by now, they would have upped the discount on that stuff... The employee that says 40% off US retail prices and thinks it's still a good deal, then why has the PILE not even started to diminish in any store I have seen it in? At least the radio shack stuff was going, even before they totally lowered the price... Some deals, they must have not got so cheap, because there are some things that sit in those stores forever, and really, there is no need or appeal for them, at 40% off, maybe at 75 or 80% people would jump...[/QUOTE]

JA the reason you haven't seen it diminish at all is because all stores are already on their 3rd wave of this product and each wave carries approx. 8 skids. The reason we do it in waves is no store would be able to handle all skids at once with all the other product we receive.

Their return policy is 30 days, just like most other retailers these days... and that is for refund or exchange, unlike Factory Direct, or XS Cargo. I will agree, the deals are not as great as they were originally, but there are still some to be had... picked a ton of Weiser locks and locksets for 75% off... Locksets that retail for $189, for $44.99, and deadbolts, etc, that retail for $45, for $10. Just have to get lucky I guess... it would be easier to see the deals, if the store stock was arranged a little neater!

Yes if your not able to return your product within the guidelines and we do offer warranty on select merchandise then I would be contacting head office no store should be violating these terms. FMP if you've had problems in the past with this I apologize myself if I was in whichever store you shop at you would have walked away happy.

JA trust me we all wish the stores could be cleaner and neater of course alot rely's on management some stores have gone through their drug store merchandise and disposed of expired product and broken and placed it on shelves others just dropped the boxes in the middle of the floor.

Not to mention in your average store of 25,000 sq. feet you'll usually find 3-4 associates trying to handle cash, customer service, unloading freight and trying to place stores within a store it's not an easy job by any means, were not luckily enough to be like other retailers that can afford to have an associate in every other aisle and over night crews for stocking the shelves this is how we pass along the savings to you.

FMP I know you think it's greed but if you worked within the company you would actually see the cog's as well as roi's and let me assure you there not as great as you might think they are. For example I use to run a 4,000 sq. foot store with avg. of 3 associates on the floor earning a margin of about 55% another company 11,000 sq. feet 5 associates 49% margin I can assure you were running a much smaller margin then both of the previously mentioned companies. Check out the investor reports or listen to the conference calls if you think the company is just being greedy.

Like I stated before we simply would not be in business within a week if we did 5 items for a dollar, first we have to make our cost back then a margin percent to cover expenses then the fun begins of liquidating out the merchandise.

The main reason I came here tonight was to apologize unfortunately our trailer sale will not be able to start tomorrow as our product isn't in the system yet, it has been moved back to next Thursday the 20th of March.
Feb 8, 2005
122 posts
8 upvotes
Calgary
I was at the LW on MacLeod earlier and saw some half decent prom and wedding dresses on sale for 70% off. I know around this time of the season the girls are frantically looking for a prom dress. IMO, it's worth checking it out especially since it's 70% off. Oh...and while you're there ladies, you might wanna check out the HOOTERS Apparel bin. That's right, I said HOOTERS!!! Everything in the bin is 99 cents. I'm talkin' the token orange shorts, caps, white or khaki short mini-skirts. I was looking for those sexy tank tops but couldn't find any :cry: . Guys, there's even HOOTERS shirts for you too. All for 99 cents. Now isn't that worth a trip to LW?
Jul 29, 2003
78 posts
All I was pointing out was that attempting to pass off liquidated items at close to retail, and run your stores as such, has not been good for your brand or your store. I'm sure the idea was to originally sell items at low prices and then move them out and thru as fast as possible... but hiking prices on goods to near retail has meant every time (most times) the stock is the same.. getting in worse condition, damaged, difficult to find because half of your small staff spend most of their time relocating old stock, or just throwing them into bins... for the ultimate 70% markdown... ( MY LW has the same 6 bins of drugstore stock for six months)

I like your store, or I did.. and by the sounds of other peoples posts, they feel the same way..what once were probably regular shoppers, have seen the decline.. we pop in now and then and might scoop a few deals, but not as much or often as in the past.. for you to come here and "advertise" supposed fantastic deals was brave, but I hope you take this one customers feedback to heart and get back into liquidating stock and not trying to be a discount retailer or furniture store!

PLus remember this is RFD , we are educated consumers.. what is "retail" we all know is either 100 or 200% markup for the store... so giving us a deal @ 40% off retail still means LW is making 100's % markup. eg:

Stores cost for an item=$10... retails $20... LW buys closeout $4.00... you sell at 40% off retail= $12.00 LW makes 300% markup ($8.00)... sell at 75% off retail= $5.00 or $1.00 profit ... with volume this low return is mute

whatever your overheads/costs/losses are.. the idea in the liquidation game is to buy low/ sell low make money on MOVING product not having it sit around in your store... this is what you used to do... markdowns week by
week... but, good luck in selling your furniture!!

Now Hooters gear for a buck WOOT!!! LOL
riggings wrote: First off let me say I'm not here to start ww3 anyone just stating my opinion that 40% off of U.S. retail pricing on the drug store deal I think is a great deal, I can't walk into any other drug store in Canada right now and expect their entire store to be 40% off maybe Boxing week but that's about the extent of it.

JA the reason you haven't seen it diminish at all is because all stores are already on their 3rd wave of this product and each wave carries approx. 8 skids. The reason we do it in waves is no store would be able to handle all skids at once with all the other product we receive.

Yes if your not able to return your product within the guidelines and we do offer warranty on select merchandise then I would be contacting head office no store should be violating these terms. FMP if you've had problems in the past with this I apologize myself if I was in whichever store you shop at you would have walked away happy.

JA trust me we all wish the stores could be cleaner and neater of course alot rely's on management some stores have gone through their drug store merchandise and disposed of expired product and broken and placed it on shelves others just dropped the boxes in the middle of the floor.

Not to mention in your average store of 25,000 sq. feet you'll usually find 3-4 associates trying to handle cash, customer service, unloading freight and trying to place stores within a store it's not an easy job by any means, were not luckily enough to be like other retailers that can afford to have an associate in every other aisle and over night crews for stocking the shelves this is how we pass along the savings to you.

FMP I know you think it's greed but if you worked within the company you would actually see the cog's as well as roi's and let me assure you there not as great as you might think they are. For example I use to run a 4,000 sq. foot store with avg. of 3 associates on the floor earning a margin of about 55% another company 11,000 sq. feet 5 associates 49% margin I can assure you were running a much smaller margin then both of the previously mentioned companies. Check out the investor reports or listen to the conference calls if you think the company is just being greedy.

Like I stated before we simply would not be in business within a week if we did 5 items for a dollar, first we have to make our cost back then a margin percent to cover expenses then the fun begins of liquidating out the merchandise.

The main reason I came here tonight was to apologize unfortunately our trailer sale will not be able to start tomorrow as our product isn't in the system yet, it has been moved back to next Thursday the 20th of March.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2007
1258 posts
122 upvotes
Ontario
snowlesson wrote: how many hot deals are posted about liquidation world?
Agreed. Liquidation World has gone down hill in recent years but keep it mind, it really does depend on what you're looking for. In past years I've found deals on toys (Lego, Barbie, Fisher Price), clothing (ie. American Eagle) and books (the Harry Potter charity book on Magical Creatures for $1.00)...but there haven't been many good deals as of late.

I checked out the 40% off pharmacy products a three weeks ago and I thought the prices were relatively high most products. You could pay $1-$3 more at Wal-Mart. Some may find amazing deals but some of the products were "old stock" judging from the packaging (ie. Madagascar shampoo) and who knows about expiry dates. I would never buy food or candy from the store because I saw a can of Hunt's tomato soup that had the expiry date of December 2006 and a box of tea bags with the expiry of June 2007.
Jul 29, 2003
78 posts
and I bet the food items were close to retail prices as well. shame!!

the store has lost its focus me thinks and in desperation has "raised" prices rather than just resell liquidated stock... go back make your money on volume and stop trying to be a giant tiger/ discount furniture store!!

onexeyed wrote: Agreed. Liquidation World has gone down hill in recent years but keep it mind, it really does depend on what you're looking for. In past years I've found deals on toys (Lego, Barbie, Fisher Price), clothing (ie. American Eagle) and books (the Harry Potter charity book on Magical Creatures for $1.00)...but there haven't been many good deals as of late.

I checked out the 40% off pharmacy products a three weeks ago and I thought the prices were relatively high most products. You could pay $1-$3 more at Wal-Mart. Some may find amazing deals but some of the products were "old stock" judging from the packaging (ie. Madagascar shampoo) and who knows about expiry dates. I would never buy food or candy from the store because I saw a can of Hunt's tomato soup that had the expiry date of December 2006 and a box of tea bags with the expiry of June 2007.
Feb 6, 2003
951 posts
30 upvotes
Anyone dare to look into their freezers for their meat deals?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)