Liquidation World Warehouse Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 30th, 2008 8:35 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 29, 2003
78 posts
Hamilton, Ontario
Liquidation world has gone downhill IMHO of late, the word "liquidation" has seemed to disappeared from their sales approach. A whopping 40% off the sticker price (full retail) last load of crap from a US pharmacy CANNOT be considered liquidating... this stuff has sat there for 3 months.. rather than be organised its all in big boxes mixed together... going to be like all the radio shack stuff that sat in their stores for almost a year before they blew everything out for 5 items for a dollar... now that is liquidating..

I've had my eye on some bath fixtures that have sat at the same price for 4 months... will wait unil they are 75% off...

I guess its just another case of a retailer getting greedy and buying stuff for pennies on the dollar and tring to get close to retail prices.... bring back the old business plan where items kept on getting reduced the longer they sat...
May 25, 2007
49 posts
Windsor
I'm sorry how can you consider 40% off the U.S. retail price not liquidating? Where talking U.S. retail here not Canadian retail pricing and to receive an additional 40% off that price! And the bath fixtures I believe your talking about the Interbath and Ondine products have you compared the prices against other Big Box Retailers my wife works for Canada's #1 hardware retailer and I'm sorry but were at least 30% in some cases as much as 80% off their prices on those fixtures. You might think that I'm just standing up for this because I'm a employee of the company, but I'm sorry even as a consumer when I can buy items that much cheaper than any other retailer in Canada, I would rather keep the money in my own pocket. If we were to constantly liquidate all of our product at 5 for a $1 we wouldn't be in business for more than a week.
Feb 17, 2005
482 posts
St. Catharines
I would have to agree on the lack of appeal of 40% of the pharmacy stuff. That's the kind of price I would expect on a good sale, but considering that you have to hunt through the piles of stuff in hope of finding something useful, I would expect a bigger discount to consider it liquidating.

That being said, there are still some good deals available. I picked up Shadow of the Giant (Orson Scott Card) for $4 for a hardcover. Considering it lists for $35.95CAN (according to the cover) and sells for about $16CAN at amazon.ca, that seems more a 'liquidation' price to me.

Like any other store, good deals can be hit and miss.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
2764 posts
27 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone know if they are opening up their distribution warehouse in GVR? I would like to see what they got.
Jul 29, 2003
78 posts
Hamilton, Ontario
My god.. have you not shopped on ebay??? I have bought brand new faucets for 80% of retail, including shipping brand new....you want a link to a seller ??

And yes 40% off sticker price, isnt liquidating, (ITS JUST A SALE) ummm canadian dollar is at par.. and in fact US prices are higher than canadian these days so...plus the fact you have to rummage through crap and distressed packaging, expiry dates, no warranty, no returns... stick to the 75% off that you advertise, and people will find it worth it... and plus your stock will go as fast as you buy it.. tell your bosses to make money off volume not greed..plus you guys wouldn't have to move your stock around so often...thats why you had to "liquidate" all the radio shack crap.. you couldn't move it @ 40% off retail ( already way overinflated)

your furniture deal isn't so hot... much of it is cheap crap, damaged from being shipped around so much, poorly assembled, no returns no warranty...

I can get 30-50% off at any major retailer, with a return policy and a warranty... liquidation world buys close outs/bankruptcy stock etc etc.. and offers none of the above... the fact that they pay pennys on the dollar for merchandise that they try to sell, at /or close to retail is.. well if you are in this forum, ridiculous...

Your furniture deal... cold cold cold....

If liquidation stuck to 75% off "STICKER"/retail price, then that would be why people like me shop there... BTW you do have a great deal on interior SCHLAGE door handles for $8.00.. retalis for $35 plus... oh yeah... 75% off thats why I bought 5!!!

slash those rain shower heads to 5 and 10 bucks and watch your stock disappear!!

Ummm... I get emails from this site for those intersted in LIQUIDATION/CLOSEOUTS by the container load

http://www.tdwcloseouts.com/

but considering the price and this is what alot of ebay etailers are selling you may want to grab a few RFD freinds....no different than the old future shop skids of returns people could buy for $1000 bucks a pop a few years ago!!!
riggings wrote:
Mar 10th, 2008 4:20 pm
I'm sorry how can you consider 40% off the U.S. retail price not liquidating? Where talking U.S. retail here not Canadian retail pricing and to receive an additional 40% off that price! And the bath fixtures I believe your talking about the Interbath and Ondine products have you compared the prices against other Big Box Retailers my wife works for Canada's #1 hardware retailer and I'm sorry but were at least 30% in some cases as much as 80% off their prices on those fixtures. You might think that I'm just standing up for this because I'm a employee of the company, but I'm sorry even as a consumer when I can buy items that much cheaper than any other retailer in Canada, I would rather keep the money in my own pocket. If we were to constantly liquidate all of our product at 5 for a $1 we wouldn't be in business for more than a week.
Banned
Mar 6, 2008
35 posts
Surrey
Liquidation world sells crap that no other retailer would dare sell. the merchandise is old and defective. their buyers are obviously stupid because they buy crap that is useless. ie white shirts where the collars bleed like crazy.
Jul 29, 2003
78 posts
Hamilton, Ontario
AND I just wanted to add your link to the picture of the china cabinet missing in this $3000 suite, means that half the value, if not more, is gone...so
you are just selling just the tables and chairs for what, full price @ $1500? LMFAO...

cmon. I hope your bosses didn't put you up to this...or has the furniture side of liquidation world gone commission... fess up dude.. save your money and buy a table and china cabinet cheaper from... shudder leons or ...the brick UUGH!!!
riggings wrote:
Mar 9th, 2008 7:47 pm
After the Brantford Warehouse Sale ended they were left with one trailer of product, which we have received in our Leamington Liquidation World location. The prices will be insane. The best piece of the trailer a brand name furniture manufacturer black dining set with sideboard missing china cabinet click the link to see the set. http://www.morrisathome.com/Image.aspx? ... -08-B2.jpg retail price according to the manufacturer is over $3500.00 U.S. our price will be an unbelievable price of $1500.00! You can't even find this set used for that price! Again this is only at the Leamington Liquidation World and will be available for sale this Thursday, March 13th at 9 a.m. don't miss out!
Jul 29, 2003
78 posts
Hamilton, Ontario
not quite true... I have bought many an item from liquidation world in the past and have gotten some great deals... just recently I have noticed that they are selling close to retail prices for stuff i used to get at great prices...so if you are buying recently like yourself ,then yes you are...!! LOL

your anectdote not mine about shirts that bleed... was it red.. did they scream out in pain when they bled???
snowlesson wrote:
Mar 11th, 2008 9:01 am
Liquidation world sells crap that no other retailer would dare sell. the merchandise is old and defective. their buyers are obviously stupid because they buy crap that is useless. ie white shirts where the collars bleed like crazy.
Banned
Mar 6, 2008
35 posts
Surrey
fmpsportsguy wrote:
Mar 11th, 2008 9:24 am
not quite true... I have bought many an item from liquidation world in the past and have gotten some great deals... just recently I have noticed that they are selling close to retail prices for stuff i used to get at great prices...so if you are buying recently like yourself ,then yes you are...!! LOL

your anectdote not mine about shirts that bleed... was it red.. did they scream out in pain when they bled???
you can always do better by shopping sales at other stores. ive had too many things turn out to be defective to have any faith any liquidation world. hate to think where their food comes from. sometimes stuff goes on sale and you can get good prices. they sell a lot of stuff people think is expensive but is not.
May 29, 2005
805 posts
Near Thunder Bay
I go into Liquidation World every time I go to Thunder Bay and 80% of the time I don't see anything I want or that is decent "BUT" 20% of the time I find a slamming deal on something. All depends on what your looking for.
Mar 29, 2005
349 posts
Toronto
It all depends on what your looking for.
You can find good deals...and sometimes it's worth while to go to ther discount stores.

I do agree...LW is a hit or miss....if prices were lower...alot of the stuff would clear out and not look like "Consumers Distributing" from the 80's (where you have tons of inventory that isn't moving.
(I can give plenty of other examples of what LW looks like...but if they lower the price...alot of stuff would be gone and they would be able to refresh their stock, make the place look nicer and at least attracting).

DoC
Feb 25, 2008
318 posts
12 upvotes
LW has a lot of junk, but yet sometimes you can find something of value at a bargain. Often you have rumage through a pile of stuff in a bid to find what your after. This also can be said about other stores that liquidate items.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
7600 posts
302 upvotes
Toronto
Agreed. Their stores like like awful. Very unorganized. They need to fix this.
HandsomeDoc786 wrote:
Mar 11th, 2008 4:19 pm
......but if they lower the price...alot of stuff would be gone and they would be able to refresh their stock, make the place look nicer and at least attracting).

DoC
× < >