• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2017 12:06 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1614 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto
Great suggestions everyone, I will add them shortly.
Dec 12, 2013
132 posts
41 upvotes
Mississauga
Mobil Passport is a great app that stores all passport info for your party which you then send to USBP upon arrival in US airports which allows you to bypass customs lines when arriving by air. You basically fill out your customs cards electronically and they send you a confirmation code saying your approved to enter.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1614 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto
Been a while since I have updated the list, will have the new suggestions added this week.

Also great news, Google Trips is now available to use for the general public!

https://get.google.com/trips/
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4172 posts
318 upvotes
Toronto
Drewmar wrote:
Sep 6th, 2016 6:49 am
Mobil Passport is a great app that stores all passport info for your party which you then send to USBP upon arrival in US airports which allows you to bypass customs lines when arriving by air. You basically fill out your customs cards electronically and they send you a confirmation code saying your approved to enter.
Oh man I wish I read this prior. I wonder how much time I've wasted in these lines.

Also translator apps, if possible that work offline, to translate English to whatever country you're visiting.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1614 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto
I've finally got around and added everyone's suggestions to the list, keep 'em coming!
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2015
1094 posts
312 upvotes
North York, ON
An international weather app and a local one.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
1088 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
Some of my faves:

Hoteltonight: For booking a last minute hotel nearby (Say your flight got cancelled and want to quickly book something around the airport)
SeatGuru: For looking for the best seats on an aircraft
Mr Border: Border information and wait times for land crossings.
Celebrating 14+ years on RFD!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1614 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto
wysiwyg wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2017 7:44 pm
Some of my faves:

Hoteltonight: For booking a last minute hotel nearby (Say your flight got cancelled and want to quickly book something around the airport)
SeatGuru: For looking for the best seats on an aircraft
Mr Border: Border information and wait times for land crossings.
Thanks mate, I've updated the thread with your suggestions and fixed a few links :)
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel