Montreal
Try Zomato.
Phils
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2486 posts
639 upvotes
Newmarket
For travelling to Europe, of all the aps I have downloaded I have enjoyed and used Rick Steves Audio Europe, free, works offline and very helpful, content constantly added and expanded. It doesn't replace good private tour guide but sure helps when you don't have one.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
2358 posts
1047 upvotes
Toronto
Homerhomer wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 11:09 am
For travelling to Europe, of all the aps I have downloaded I have enjoyed and used Rick Steves Audio Europe, free, works offline and very helpful, content constantly added and expanded. It doesn't replace good private tour guide but sure helps when you don't have one.
Thanks for sharing, I will add it to the list!
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2011
3853 posts
504 upvotes
GTA
Any suggestions for more accurate weather and air quality?
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
2037 posts
1380 upvotes
Has anyone tried the new eDeclaration app from the CBSA? It's apparently for pre-preparing your customs declaration on your smartphone and then scanning the resulting QR code instead of using the booth screens or paper forms.
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/new-neuf/app-eng.html

Doesn't sound quite as useful as the U.S. one where you fill out the entry card on your phone and then take a fast entry lane.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
17370 posts
2109 upvotes
Jiangsu, China
Consider the Moovit app for public transit.
When I was in Portugal, this was much more effective for local buses than the 'Transit' app.
Jul 12, 2016
330 posts
179 upvotes
I would also like to add momondo.ca and cheapoair.ca for buying air tickets, and booking.com for accommodation for those who travel to Europe. Google Translate is really great !!! I agree with Redculat, it's extremely useful application.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
2358 posts
1047 upvotes
Toronto
Exp315 wrote:
Dec 18th, 2017 11:08 am
Has anyone tried the new eDeclaration app from the CBSA? It's apparently for pre-preparing your customs declaration on your smartphone and then scanning the resulting QR code instead of using the booth screens or paper forms.
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/new-neuf/app-eng.html

Doesn't sound quite as useful as the U.S. one where you fill out the entry card on your phone and then take a fast entry lane.
I just tried it on Monday. It's got a long way to go from being perfect. You still have to confirm all of the information input on the app. I guess it's a good idea and approach, I hope they refine it.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
2037 posts
1380 upvotes
redkulat wrote:
Mar 28th, 2018 10:39 am
I just tried it on Monday. It's got a long way to go from being perfect. You still have to confirm all of the information input on the app. I guess it's a good idea and approach, I hope they refine it.
Confirm how?
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
17370 posts
2109 upvotes
Jiangsu, China
Under the Local Guides and Tools section, I suggest: FLIO.

In unfamiliar airports, this app is great at helping you find all of the services available in that airport. For example, I was at Incheon for the first time this year. Through FLIO, I instantly knew about free tours into the city for layovers, the free Korean history museum inside the airport, the ice skating rink inside the airport, the spa, showers, all food places, etc. This app really does a good job of keeping all information in one place.