• Jul 25th, 2016 6:42 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 3, 2012
20 posts
NEPEAN
wayne74 wrote:
May 17th, 2012 11:22 am
Are you saying inquiries? Or the trade lines?
Just because they are reporting on your Equifax, doesn't mean they pull both. They REPORT to both. Capital One does pull both SOMETIMES, not all the time. It depends how you apply. MBNA pulls Transunion exclusively, unless they don't find enough info on you, then they pull Equifax according to reports from other RFDers. Rogers I think would only pull one bureau, for the simple fact of the cost to pull both just for a cell contract doesn't make sense.

the tradelines are reporting from MBNA Cap1 Rogers is reporting but no inquiries from Rogers on my Equifax the Rogers is for home phone cell and internet no cable tv here :cry:

i see thanks for the info :)

might have to order my Transunion hmmmmmm will comeback and update once i get the free yearly report in the mail
Aug 18, 2004
307 posts
36 upvotes
Paulfistinyourface wrote:
May 17th, 2012 9:50 am
I'm aware of that, but he had said "Amex only reports to EQ" in the OP, which is incorrect.

It'll report to EQ eventually. It typically takes EQ 3-6 months to get their act together.

Anyways, some corrections/additions + some notes:

-National Bank will pull TU. Notes: they do soft pulls from both bureaus (mostly EQ though) from time to time in order to pre-approve people for CLIs. If they cannot auto-approve you for a CLI request initiated by the customer, they will do a hard pull from TU.

-Laurentian Bank will pull TU.

-Vancity will pull TU.

-Scotiabank has an odd system of who they pull. As a rule of thumb: If you apply online; they pull TU. If you apply in-branch; they pull EQ. If you apply by phone it's 50/50. (I tried to explain this in greater detail, but it will just cause confusion. So I deleted it.)

-BMO generally defaults to EQ, but if your report is anything less than stellar they will also pull TU without hesitation.

-Ally will pull TU if you're looking for Auto financing.

EDIT. It's really hard to say what the smaller regional credit unions will pull. A lot of them used to use (or continue to use) MBNA for their credit card apps, but most of my local credit unions are now on their own, free to choose, for their personal loans/lines of credit/auto loans/whatever. My GF inquired about an auto loan a couple weeks ago, and the lady at the local credit union said they will pull TU.
I Have a Vancity Visa and a LOC. The Visa did a hard pull from TU and continues soft pulls with TU and nothing on EQ. Where as my LOC with Vancity was with a hard pull from EQ and also continues with soft pulls from EQ and nothing on TU. both report to both agencies.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2005
1804 posts
161 upvotes
koop12 wrote:
May 17th, 2012 2:46 pm
I Have a Vancity Visa and a LOC. The Visa did a hard pull from TU and continues soft pulls with TU and nothing on EQ. Where as my LOC with Vancity was with a hard pull from EQ and also continues with soft pulls from EQ and nothing on TU. both report to both agencies.

All credit unions use Desjardin for their credit card services. Desjardin uses TU while Vancity themselves (LOC/loans/mortgages) use EQ.
Aug 18, 2004
307 posts
36 upvotes
Deal Grabber wrote:
May 17th, 2012 3:17 pm
All credit unions use Desjardin for their credit card services. Desjardin uses TU while Vancity themselves (LOC/loans/mortgages) use EQ.
Good to know thank you..
Banned
Dec 1, 2011
2427 posts
336 upvotes
Winnipeg
Deal Grabber wrote:
May 17th, 2012 3:17 pm

Desjardins pulled Equifax for my sister, so they pull either I guess? At the end of the day, I guess we'll never know which lender pulls which bureau, as it seems to be different for everyone.
Can you believe it? They sent my income tax return forms back to me! In response to question # 4, "Do you have any dependants?" I replied - "2.1 million illegal immigrants, 1.1 million crack heads, 4.4 million unemployable people, 901 thousand people in over 85 prisons, and 650 idiots in Parliament.
Apparently, this was NOT an acceptable answer.

Who the hell did I miss? :razz:
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2005
1804 posts
161 upvotes
wayne74 wrote:
May 17th, 2012 4:11 pm
Desjardins pulled Equifax for my sister, so they pull either I guess? At the end of the day, I guess we'll never know which lender pulls which bureau, as it seems to be different for everyone.

Some of you amaze me. I'd never have the guts to look at my family's credit reports, except my fiance'. Desjardin has never pulled EQ for me and our company. So I am not sure why they did that in your sisters' case. Remember guys, all lenders can pull another report if they aren't sure of certain information or the first report leaves something to be desired. Its their right to do so. Having said that TDCT, CIBC don't seem to bother with anything other than EQ. Don't blame them, TU is a bunch of mess :D
Banned
Dec 1, 2011
2427 posts
336 upvotes
Winnipeg
Deal Grabber wrote:
May 17th, 2012 10:53 pm
Some of you amaze me. I'd never have the guts to look at my family's credit reports, except my fiance'.

what's the big deal about it? I helped her obtain her first free copy from both bureaus, then walked her through the reports, showing her where to look for errors etc... :o
Can you believe it? They sent my income tax return forms back to me! In response to question # 4, "Do you have any dependants?" I replied - "2.1 million illegal immigrants, 1.1 million crack heads, 4.4 million unemployable people, 901 thousand people in over 85 prisons, and 650 idiots in Parliament.

Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2005
1804 posts
161 upvotes
wayne74 wrote:
May 17th, 2012 11:04 pm
what's the big deal about it? I helped her obtain her first free copy from both bureaus, then walked her through the reports, showing her where to look for errors etc... :o

I guess its okay for most folks. Not to mention my siblings are far better educated and versed than I am. Usually they are the ones educating me on things :)
Banned
Dec 1, 2011
2427 posts
336 upvotes
Winnipeg
Deal Grabber wrote:
May 17th, 2012 11:27 pm
I guess its okay for most folks. Not to mention my siblings are far better educated and versed than I am. Usually they are the ones educating me on things :)

She'll be 40 this year, and has NEVER seen her credit file. TD calls her all the time wanting to raise her CC limit and LOC, she gets tons of preapprovals in the mail from just about every lender you can think of. She's never been declined for credit, ever. I guess it just never occurred to her to check for errors, missing accounts etc... I showed her my before and after reports, once I resolved my duplicate credit file issue with both bureaus. She couldn't believe such a thing could happen. Anyway she decided to order her very first copy from both bureaus, and I walked her through the whole thing. Lucky for her, everything was perfect on both!. After numerous updates, Transunion still lists an incorrect phone number on my file.

Banned
Dec 1, 2011
2427 posts
336 upvotes
Winnipeg
Paulfistinyourface wrote:
Mar 27th, 2005 10:53 pm
It'll report to EQ eventually. It typically takes EQ 3-6 months to get their act together.
You were absolutely correct! Just got notification from my free EQ credit watch (through CIBC visa) that a new account was opened. Took almost 4 months, but it's finally on EQ!

Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
2614 posts
103 upvotes
Calgary
Is there a list of what CC "reports" to tu, eq or both?
6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
Banned
Dec 1, 2011
2427 posts
336 upvotes
Winnipeg
kocoman wrote:
Dec 16th, 2012 11:21 am
Is there a list of what CC "reports" to tu, eq or both?
I think most if not all report to both. If all accounts aren't on both, assume something isn't right.

Sep 8, 2012
33 posts
Winnipeg
Amex pulled EQ when I applied for a charge card
× < >