Cell Phones

List of VOIP Providers & Hardware to Use on our Phones

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2018 3:00 pm
May 18, 2007
567 posts
56 upvotes
I thought Google Voice isn't available in Canada, Did they change the policy?
Aug 12, 2018
8 posts
Webslinger wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2018 12:28 pm
For SIP apps, I use Acrobits Groundwire since it supports push without a subscription, unlike Bria.
However, note that using Push requires you to give your SIP credentials to them (you register on their SIPIS server, and ring notifications are then pushed to you after a small delay). For some, that's a security issue. However, Acrobits can give you the software to admin your own SIPIS server, where you live, if you're willing to put in the work and keep a server running 24/7: https://doc.acrobits.net/sipis/installation.html. Also, visit https://forum.acrobits.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=101#p391. And, in that case, it's not all that spooky.

Acrobits, in my experience, also offers decent customer service.

Please note that I couldn't care less if you use or prefer something else. That's fine. Use what you like. I'm not interested in pushing anything I use. But I do get asked a lot.
Hi Webslinger,

I found that there are other FREE android apps with push notification feature out there, for example, linphone, mizudroid, and portsip . I tried linphone and mizudroid. I landed on mizudroid now because of its super detailed setting feature. And after I tweak a bit with the setting, like changing keep alive, register interval, auto start, etc, I can let the android push notification go through with no problem .

I have a question for you , these apps' push notification, compare to zoiper, bria, acrobits (groundwire), are they same or different? I know acrobit use its own server, but other than this , is it the same?

thanks

sam
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9198 posts
3049 upvotes
unclesamxu wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 11:38 pm

I have a question for you , these apps' push notification, compare to zoiper, bria, acrobits (groundwire), are they same or different? I know acrobit use its own server, but other than this , is it the same?
I've never used MizuDroid, so I can't really comment on it, other than all SIP apps offering push would require the use of servers somewhere.

I've discussed Acrobits Groundwire push over here: anyone-here-using-groundwire-sip-app-io ... #p28071603.

The basic process is not different.

Acrobits allows you to run your own (SIPIS) servers if you want. I have no clue whether Mizutech (MPUSH) does. I did try MizuPhone for iOS in the past and deleted it. Back then, it did not support push (and I found the app buggy at the time). It appears to offer push now.
Please do not PM me for tech support. I help out on the forums when I can. Thank you.
OBi200/202 Freephonline PDF guide (version 1.55) can be found here. OBi200 info can be found here. For OBi202 info, click here.
Aug 12, 2018
8 posts
Webslinger wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 6:50 am
I've never used MizuDroid, so I can't really comment on it, other than all SIP apps offering push would require the use of servers somewhere.

The basic process is not different.
Thanks for the info. that what I guess as well. And I did check with background of cell phone. It was killed by the android. And when I use another phone to call the sip URI. my mi mix2 does wake up . It is the push working for sure.