None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6252 posts
2330 upvotes
Toronto
Karma2000 wrote:
Sep 25th, 2018 1:16 pm
thanks, tried "Vegetarian Haven" on weekend. Not exactly impressed, the food looked more pretty than tingling our taste buds. I guess we were comparing to more flavorful options with veggie dishes at Thai/Oriental places like Sukho Thai for example.
out of curiosity what did you order? Just wondering so I don't get the same thing if I go back lol.

It was the first time I had ever tried Seitan and I thought the dish was great in both presentation and flavors but I also had nothing to compare it to as I've never even seen Seitan on a menu anywhere else in the city
Images
  • PWQL1C2.jpg
Dec 28, 2010
98 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
I had the padthai and don't remember it being tasty...my partner had a bowl with lots of veggies ..in very liquidy broth, was bland and seemed like a rush job. It was packed, so maybe we need to give it another chance.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7185 posts
1443 upvotes
Mississauga
Hanabusa Cafe for fluffy pancakes!
Images
  • IMG_20180929_112828.jpg
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6252 posts
2330 upvotes
Toronto
Went to Chop Steakhouse with a group last night and everything was amazing. There are about a dozen locations across Canada so while it's technically a "chain" I wouldn't consider that a big chain and it's definitely worth checking out either way if you enjoy a good steak and don't want to break the bank at a place like Morton, Harbor 60 etc.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7185 posts
1443 upvotes
Mississauga
ReeGee wrote:
Sep 29th, 2018 5:00 pm
Went to Chop Steakhouse with a group last night and everything was amazing. There are about a dozen locations across Canada so while it's technically a "chain" I wouldn't consider that a big chain and it's definitely worth checking out either way if you enjoy a good steak and don't want to break the bank at a place like Morton, Harbor 60 etc.
Chop is part of Moxie's I believe. I've been to the airport location and thought it wasn't bad.

A chain resto I do like is Cactus Club; they make a fantastic sangria. I'm looking forward to the Sherway location opening.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6252 posts
2330 upvotes
Toronto
Raggie wrote:
Sep 29th, 2018 5:23 pm
Chop is part of Moxie's I believe. I've been to the airport location and thought it wasn't bad.

A chain resto I do like is Cactus Club; they make a fantastic sangria. I'm looking forward to the Sherway location opening.
I was actually wondering if Chop is the same owners as Cactus Club because they both have a "Hunter Chicken" on the menu. The prawn butternut squash ravioli at Cactus is one of my favorite dishes in the GTA. I was just at the downtown one last Thursday night and it was completely packed as usual. I had the Feenie burger that night and it was pretty good.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7185 posts
1443 upvotes
Mississauga
The Game Burger w Fois Gras at ANTLER.

One place that I went to that I really did not enjoy at all was Fudao Noodle House.
Images
  • IMG_20180401_174251.jpg
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
1291 posts
122 upvotes
Woodbridge
Shawarma empire on Lawrence in Scarborough. Not much parking and barely any spots to sit and eat, but the food is fantastic.
Oct 7, 2004
990 posts
108 upvotes
Raggie wrote:
Sep 30th, 2018 6:22 pm

One place that I went to that I really did not enjoy at all was Fudao Noodle House.
I’ve been there a few times and liked it as they let you substitute the toppings. What didn’t you like?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9039 posts
1765 upvotes
3 favs in Oakville

Peppinos
Gingerman Social Eatery
Plank
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
5076 posts
497 upvotes
Scarborough
Has anyone tried Kababeez in Mississauga ??
link: https://karachikababeez.ca/

I wanna see if any RFDers tried it before we try altho its far from us.
reviews on google not too bad
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
1687 posts
511 upvotes
B.C.
Jones BBQ in Victoria. https://jonesgotmeat.com

It's amazing BBQ. I think they just added fried chicken too (it was a special before, now it's on the regular menu)

Spoons Diner in Victoria. https://spoonsdiner.com

Amazing breakfast and crazy specials each week.

Royal Spice in Victoria https://royalspicevictoria.ca

The best Indian food in town and a lunch buffet that is so good!