None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6252 posts
2330 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote:
Jul 26th, 2018 10:55 pm
Is Burger's Preist part of a "big chain"?
I thought Cara foods bought them, but I guess I'm wrong. All I can find is the Crave it restaurant group. http://craveitrestaurants.com/#our-brands
When he made that post in 2014 it definitely wasn't but it's debatable now with 17 locations. Good premium fast food either way but if you're looking for an independent restaurant with top tier burgers, Allen's or Richmond Station is where it's at
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
5076 posts
497 upvotes
Scarborough
For Indian/Pakistani spicy food, we go to Shaheek Tikka and Kebab on Overlea Blvd.
Their food by far beats any competition here in Scarboro.
The naans are the best, soft and tasty and you don't get that bloated feeling after eating them, unlike other restaurants.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6252 posts
2330 upvotes
Toronto
apnayloags wrote:
Jul 28th, 2018 1:56 pm
For Indian/Pakistani spicy food, we go to Shaheek Tikka and Kebab on Overlea Blvd.
The naans are the best, soft and tasty and you don't get that bloated feeling after eating them, unlike other restaurants.
You mean "Shaheen" right? I've seen it before but never been. Check out Bamiyan Kabob just down the street on Overlea for amazing Afghan food. They've got a few locations in the GTA.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6252 posts
2330 upvotes
Toronto
Lady Marmalade on Queen East for amazing breakfast/lunch. Went for the 3rd or 4th time yesterday and every meal I've had there was great. I'd recommend going for a late lunch (2-3pm) because if you go during regular breakfast-lunch hours it's packed with a lineup to get a table.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7185 posts
1443 upvotes
Mississauga
ReeGee wrote:
Jul 28th, 2018 3:29 pm
Lady Marmalade on Queen East for amazing breakfast/lunch. Went for the 3rd or 4th time yesterday and every meal I've had there was great. I'd recommend going for a late lunch (2-3pm) because if you go during regular breakfast-lunch hours it's packed with a lineup to get a table.
I've been there. Also been to Allen's that you mentioned earlier.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
May 7, 2008
576 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
Complete hidden gem.
apnayloags wrote:
Jul 28th, 2018 1:56 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6252 posts
2330 upvotes
Toronto
Bobberts wrote:
Jul 26th, 2018 3:15 pm
Yes, they partnered with someone else when it first opened and the food was good. Then they parted ways with the partner keeping Khao San Road and I ended up bringing a friend to ketchupy pad thai place as I didn't know about the change. After the split, Pai was opened close by.

Maybe the food has improved since then, since someone did mention the place is good.
I went to Khao San Road last night and thought it was pretty good. I'm generally not a fan of Pad Thai and almost never order it but they were out of Chinese broccoli for the pad see ew I wanted so we ended up ordering the Bangkok style Pad Thai and Green curry fried rice. I see what you're saying about the ketchupy taste but it was fairly subtle among a bunch of other flavors and overall good imo. That said I can see how someone who is a fan of more traditional pad thai may not enjoy it but maybe the "three flavors pad thai" would be more to their liking? The green curry fried rice was amazing though and I'll probably go back and try other stuff on the menu.
Dec 16, 2012
73 posts
15 upvotes
My new favourite Italian restaurant in Milton is Locanda. The food is delicious! Another new favourite is Bannock in Toronto. This restaurant is part of the O&B chain of restaurants, but it is amazing! The food and service was the best I have experienced in a long time.
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
2008 posts
1053 upvotes
Gotta vote for Touro Brazilian Steakhouse in Richmond Hill: http://www.tourosteakhouse.com/

Not quite as good as Texas de Brazil in the USA (and unfortunately I haven't tried Fogo de Chao yet) but this is a pretty good clone close(ish) to home for me.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4737 posts
766 upvotes
Mississauga
EastGTARedFlagger wrote:
Jul 30th, 2018 6:12 pm
Gotta vote for Touro Brazilian Steakhouse in Richmond Hill: http://www.tourosteakhouse.com/

Not quite as good as Texas de Brazil in the USA (and unfortunately I haven't tried Fogo de Chao yet) but this is a pretty good clone close(ish) to home for me.
i find Brazilian ayce places... one time visit...cuz all the different cuts have the same flavour... so it gets boring...lol
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6252 posts
2330 upvotes
Toronto
I went to Vegetarian Haven for dinner tonight and it was amazing. I tried Seitan for the first time and it was one of the best vegetarian meals I've ever had. So much on the menu I want to go back and try. A new favorite for sure
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6252 posts
2330 upvotes
Toronto
Looking for suggestions in Vancouver. Tried The Naam and Flying Pig so far and both were amazing. I'm staying nearby the Naam which is opened 24 hours and it's busy all the time. I'd be eating there all the time if I lived here
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13393 posts
2206 upvotes
Toronto
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Toronto's Lisbon by night. Their AYCE format is similar to the Brazilian AYCE's.

Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
31952 posts
8266 upvotes
GTHA
ReeGee wrote:
Jul 28th, 2018 3:29 pm
fyi, Lady Marmalade is closing down their current location on August 15th and re-opening at 265 Broadview Avenue on the border of East Chinatown at the end of the month.

from https://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2018/0 ... e-toronto/