None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6252 posts
2330 upvotes
Toronto
tk1000 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2018 5:52 pm
fyi, Lady Marmalade is closing down their current location on August 15th and re-opening at 265 Broadview Avenue on the border of East Chinatown at the end of the month.

from https://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2018/0 ... e-toronto/
New location isn't far from the old and hopefully it's bigger. The current spot is a bit tiny and dated looking which is part of the charm but hopefully the move is good for them. Glad to see Eat BKK expanding in its place as it's by far my favorite Thai spot in the city as I mentioned before.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6252 posts
2330 upvotes
Toronto
ReeGee wrote:
Jul 25th, 2018 5:16 pm
Downtown Toronto: Richmond Station. Pai and Sukothai for Thai. Santouka, Sansotei, Kinton and Momofuku ramen. True True and Queen Margherita pizza
Danforth: The Wren, Local 1974, Nomads, Allens (amazing burgers). Good food and beers at all these places.
Uptown GTA: Allwyns (legendary jerk chicken), Eat BKK (favorite thai place in the GTA), Kyouka (amazing veggie ramen), Modo Mio (awesome pizza), Lin Garden
I went to Kyouka again tonight and sadly have to remove it from my list. They are under new owners and the shio veggie ramen which was the standout thing on the menu is changed and not nearly as tasty as it used to be. I had been there a dozen times before and i'd usually give that dish a 9/10, it was 6-7 at best tonight. Kind of bummed because this used to be one of my favorite bowls of ramen in the city and I've recommended it in other food threads.
thetipster wrote:
Aug 12th, 2018 11:06 pm
Konjiki Ramen on Yonge street just south of the Empress theatres.
http://www.postcity.com/Eat-Shop-Do/Eat ... ed-eatery/
need to try this place soon. I remember hearing it was packed all the time when it first opened
May 12, 2014
716 posts
328 upvotes
Markham, ON
ReeGee wrote:
Jul 30th, 2018 11:55 am
I went to Khao San Road last night and thought it was pretty good. I'm generally not a fan of Pad Thai and almost never order it but they were out of Chinese broccoli for the pad see ew I wanted so we ended up ordering the Bangkok style Pad Thai and Green curry fried rice. I see what you're saying about the ketchupy taste but it was fairly subtle among a bunch of other flavors and overall good imo. That said I can see how someone who is a fan of more traditional pad thai may not enjoy it but maybe the "three flavors pad thai" would be more to their liking? The green curry fried rice was amazing though and I'll probably go back and try other stuff on the menu.
I finally went to Pai and the food is exactly like Sukho Thai. Had the pad thai and no traces of ketchup. I'm never going to know if Khao San is better than before as I don't get out much, but am glad your meal was good. We ordered a lot of dishes and they were all good. The only one complaint was that the oxtail stew was on the too sweet side.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
4118 posts
775 upvotes
Regina
Would like a recommendation for Ottawa - especially close to downtown as will be there for a week in October
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6252 posts
2330 upvotes
Toronto
A couple places I tried this week which I really enjoyed and will be returning to are Lola's Kitchen (Church/Bloor) and Lock and Quay (Lower Spadina/queens quay)
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13393 posts
2206 upvotes
Toronto
Fudao noodle house in Chinatown is not bad.
They have a basic soup base with 10 free items included and all you can eat noodles.
The price increases as other more expensive soup base is desired. (ie a tomato soup base is a dollar or so more)
Also, recently they added free ayce peanuts when you dine in.

Fudao noodle house @ 358 Spadina avenue: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Spadi ... 79.3981461
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6252 posts
2330 upvotes
Toronto
Went to Soulas, previously known a Pan on Danforth with a big group recently and everything was outstanding. Everyone was happy with the food and service
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6252 posts
2330 upvotes
Toronto
thetipster wrote:
Aug 12th, 2018 11:06 pm
Konjiki Ramen on Yonge street just south of the Empress theatres.
http://www.postcity.com/Eat-Shop-Do/Eat ... ed-eatery/
finally tried this yesterday and it was excellent. Very good food and service. Definitely a new contender for best ramen in the GTA and I'm looking forward to trying more items from the menu
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
16116 posts
12813 upvotes
Toronto
Schnitzel Queen in Toronto. 211 Queen Street East. Massive portions, delicious food and a Dollarama nearito grab a cheaper beverage .
An earlier version of this article incorrectly described a behavior of crows exposed to crow corpses. Live crows only touch, attack and attempt intercourse with crow corpses, they do not scavenge them. (Actual NYT correction)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6252 posts
2330 upvotes
Toronto
sprung wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 4:41 am
Schnitzel Queen in Toronto. 211 Queen Street East. Massive portions, delicious food and a Dollarama nearito grab a cheaper beverage .
I need to get out and try more around queen east. Lots of good food in that area including Lady Marmalade (soon to be eat BKK), Detroit Descendant pizza, and a few other places on my list to try
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
5538 posts
2789 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
hordosr wrote:
Aug 21st, 2018 12:57 pm
Would like a recommendation for Ottawa - especially close to downtown as will be there for a week in October
I think there is an Ottawa restaurant thread. If you revive that you might get some good suggestions. What type of place are you looking for?
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2012
3052 posts
313 upvotes
Mississauga
Downtown-Via Mercanti
Etobicoke- The Grille on the Queensway
Mississauga- Peter's On Eglinton
Brampton: Queen Gypsy
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
4118 posts
775 upvotes
Regina
Chickinvic wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 5:39 pm
I think there is an Ottawa restaurant thread. If you revive that you might get some good suggestions. What type of place are you looking for?
hole in the wall good eats, reasonably priced