Listing Agreement question

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2019 10:10 pm
Dec 20, 2018
8 posts
2 upvotes

Listing Agreement question

Hi,

We are selling our property and in the process of reviewing/signing the Listing Agreement. Under Use and Distribution of Information, we are given the option to initial "Does" or "Does Not" to allow real estate board members to contact us after the expiration or termination of our agreement to discuss listing or marketing the property.

We are thinking of initialing "does" but our realtor said that he has never had anyone initial does and that he advises not to, to keep our personal information confidential.

Any comments would be appreciated.
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 3, 2011
6517 posts
3798 upvotes
Thornhill
It's not about keeping your information private as all Realtors with board access see who you are and the expiry date of your listing. If they have Land Registry access they can see a lot more.

If you check off 'does' it means you are allowing any Realtor to contact you after the listing either expires or terminates and trust me when I tell you - unless you want your phone ringing off the hook day after day or people at your door, 'does not' is the way to go as it forbids other Realtors from contacting you and almost eliminates the nuisance calls and sky is the limit promises you'll receive.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1864 posts
1174 upvotes
GTA
licenced wrote: It's not about keeping your information private as all Realtors with board access see who you are and the expiry date of your listing. If they have Land Registry access they can see a lot more.

If you check off 'does' it means you are allowing any Realtor to contact you after the listing either expires or terminates and trust me when I tell you - unless you want your phone ringing off the hook day after day or people at your door, 'does not' is the way to go as it forbids other Realtors from contacting you and almost eliminates the nuisance calls and sky is the limit promises you'll receive.
Exactly.

If you think RFD Realtors are "annoying" , you ain't seen nothing yet! Lol

Check "does not". Trust us.
Award Winning Realtor - I LOVE MY JOB!!
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!