Green / Eco-Friendly

livclean carbon neutral water heaters - any switch over?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 28th, 2011 1:52 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 28, 2008
114 posts
1 upvote
Toronto

livclean carbon neutral water heaters - any switch over?

Just wondering if anyone else has looked into livclean's carbon neutral water heaters. They came to our door this week and told us about their program...http://www.livclean.ca/ Has anyone else switched over? Is this a reputable company?

Thanks
5 replies
Aug 8, 2006
326 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
As posted in the other post:

Stay away from Livclean. They have hidden charges as well as most installs the techs will either leave your hot water turned off or install a leaky tank. Then they get extra money to come back to your house to "repair" the tank.

They often tell people they are from direct energy as well. Stay as far away as possible.
Jul 23, 2008
7 posts
We are thinking of switching over at the end of this summer! We love in Ontario and the gov has a site up with appliances that they give you some rebates cuz they're better for the environment. I haven't checked for the carbon free water heaters though. if you live in ontario check this site.. maybe save you some money.

add it up
Jun 10, 2009
1 posts
i am a heating contractor..here locally they are telling people that any water heater over 4 years old MUST be replaced...rumour is the parent company is the same owner of direct energy..
Jun 27, 2011
2 posts
BRACEBRIDGE
I was approached by a LivClean man just a couple of weeks ago, saying Reliance Home Comfort has been deregulated by the government or something, and LivClean is moving in to help people replace their old water heaters. So he came in to look at our water heater, and said yep, it's from 2001, and could use replacing with a handy-dandy new efficient model. So I signed up, and immediately did some Internet research. What became apparent was that Ontario is the only jurdisdiction in which people habitually rent their water heaters. So I phoned up Reliance to see about buying out our water heater. the man said let's see...yours was installed in 2006. Wha??!! Yes, it's confirmed in the serial number. So the LivClean guy lied! I immediately cancelled the LivVlean thing. No way I'm junking a five-year-old water heater for a lying company. I'll stick with Reliance. Good thing for the Consumer Protection Act, which gives 10 days to opt out of a contract, which I also did with Just Energy.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)