Expired Hot Deals

[Apple] LIVE!!!! Intel Retail Edge 2012 Holiday Deal, I7 3770K, DZ77 MB, Intel 520 SSD $85+

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2013 7:14 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2011
1870 posts
238 upvotes
Scarborough
recieved mine yesterday. Its funny I recieved the shipping notice same day as the delivery...Total cost for me was $105+$38+$25=$168. I think a better option would be to ship to a US address and have the US address ship again to canadian address as a gift. Not sure how this would work exactly. If anyone here knows how to get around paying taxes and duties any help would warrant a thanks from me :D The best way i know of to get away without paying duties and taxes is to schedule a trip to the US, have the item shipped to a border address and then pick up at the border during your trip. The only problem I see with this is that your shipping address doesn't match with billing address on your credit card and intel might refuse to sell.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2005
1027 posts
21 upvotes
Outside of Vancouver
Intel doesnt care about the Shipping and Billing address's matching..

cause thats what i did..

:-)
Shut your Mouth when you speak to me.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
2622 posts
265 upvotes
Winnipeg
blaznazn22 wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 10:32 am
recieved mine yesterday. Its funny I recieved the shipping notice same day as the delivery...Total cost for me was $105+$38+$25=$168. I think a better option would be to ship to a US address and have the US address ship again to canadian address as a gift. Not sure how this would work exactly. If anyone here knows how to get around paying taxes and duties any help would warrant a thanks from me :D The best way i know of to get away without paying duties and taxes is to schedule a trip to the US, have the item shipped to a border address and then pick up at the border during your trip. The only problem I see with this is that your shipping address doesn't match with billing address on your credit card and intel might refuse to sell.
Nope...when checking out, there is an option to ship to a different address than billing address, and I put my friend's name and address in the states on the shipping address...

Once he receives it, I gave him instructions to open the box, break the seal, inspect the CPU, put it back in the box, remove the invoice, and ship it to me as a gift, and indicate the description as a used CPU...
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2003
1036 posts
72 upvotes
If the motherboard comes with the wifi, bluetooth and NIC card, than its the higher end model which is around over $220.00, and other brands with the same are little more. I think it also comes with front usb 3 I/O bay.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
3033 posts
477 upvotes
Got my shipping confirmation, was supposed to get it today but ups has this message up as the latest update
An exception in the sorting process has occurred. UPS has taken corrective action.

This exact thing happened when I ordered my nexus 4. It's stuck in the states, guess I won't get it till next week :(
Thinking about upgrading to the iPad air 2 from the air 1? You MIGHT want to reconsider. http://youtu.be/qjhC4S3vcD4
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2003
1036 posts
72 upvotes
You can't do much or claim on-time guaranteed delivery as Intel already collected shipping charges.
Jul 7, 2008
908 posts
363 upvotes
anyone familiar with the EVGA Z77 FTW mobo?
Aug 26, 2012
720 posts
153 upvotes
Kyaku wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 7:48 pm
anyone familiar with the EVGA Z77 FTW mobo?
i wouldnt buy from evga unless you can get a really good deal
their qc on their motherboards is known to be lacking

(see my post on previous page)
Jul 7, 2008
908 posts
363 upvotes
Ebayonly wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 7:57 pm
i wouldnt buy from evga unless you can get a really good deal
their qc on their motherboards is known to be lacking

(see my post on previous page)
im getting it for 200 flat, what do you think?
Aug 26, 2012
720 posts
153 upvotes
it sold for around 130 a few months ago (rare price)
and i think again at 170

what features on this board are you stuck on having?
the board has known bios issues btw
Jul 7, 2008
908 posts
363 upvotes
ive just had good experiences with EVGA in the past, ive read some reviews. seems like alot have reported bios issues and firmware update issues. I was looking for a good OCing board, theres the temp gauges, the on/off switches for pcie slots, just seems like would make things easier testing etc... i wanted to start a water cooling loop in my rig, but at this point, it seems theres not much room between the ram and pcie slot 1, which is weird cause this board is supposed to be good for ocing ram. you have any suggestions on a diff mobo?
Oct 8, 2011
53 posts
19 upvotes
I have done some reading on the Intel BOXDZ77GA70K board and have discovered that it isn't that great.

This is my first time building a PC, does anyone have any recommendations in regards to which motherboard i should buy?

please and thank you :cheesygri

edit: OMG other people are asking about this too :facepalm: soorry
Jul 7, 2008
908 posts
363 upvotes
what do you plan on doing with your build?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2008
1527 posts
224 upvotes
St. John's
Ive read about the board too, its fine with newest biis for overclock/etc, anyway no matter...

I thought this is the light motherboard without wifi???

Dz77GaL
Oct 8, 2011
53 posts
19 upvotes
Kyaku wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 11:54 pm
what do you plan on doing with your build?
its going to be connected to a 23" monitor

I'm mainly using it for AutoCAD, Photoshop, video editing/rendering, and casual gaming (Battlefield, GTA, COD).

I am pretty sure I won't be over-clocking this processor because 3.9 GHz is going to be enough for me
× < >