Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Apple

LIVE!!!! Intel Retail Edge 2012 Holiday Deal, I7 3770K, DZ77 MB, Intel 520 SSD $85+

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2013 7:14 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2009
1085 posts
409 upvotes
Zacharyis wrote: For anyone who hasn't ordered the holiday deal before, be aware that Intel uses UPS for shipping. Expect to pay taxes + brokerage fees on top of the $38 shipping unless you ship it to a US address. If you are feeling adventurous you can also do your own customs clearance and avoid the extra UPS fees and just pay the taxes.

-J
You only need to pay taxes I believe... the outrageous fees ups usually charges don't apply ( its included in the outrageous $38 shipping). The site even says if ups tries to charge you refuse and contact intel.

I think it added up to $10 extra for me last time.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7712 posts
10724 upvotes
Richmond Hill
"Pretty much any retailer that sells intel computers are eligible.

List of approved retailers:
MDG COMPUTERS CANADA
..."

Wait, WHAT!?!

I never knew they used legit intel stuff.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
6236 posts
1772 upvotes
DJDiggler wrote: You only need to pay taxes I believe... the outrageous fees ups usually charges don't apply ( its included in the outrageous $38 shipping). The site even says if ups tries to charge you refuse and contact intel.

IIRC it was usually a $10 Brokerage fee on top of the taxes that you have to pay. Also taxes are not calculated at the price that you paid for the item. When i look at the shipping sheet, the numbers don't match on anything, not sure how they get the numbers. But can't complain when the deal is still amazing.
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5156 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
the summer deal was much better...a hex core sandy bridge cpu. If you already have the core i7 2700k from the last holiday sale then this one is pretty much useless. On a side note has anyone figured out if rogers employees are eligible for this deal or not?
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2010
3186 posts
1640 upvotes
Markham
blaznazn22 wrote: the summer deal was much better...a hex core sandy bridge cpu. If you already have the core i7 2700k from the last holiday sale then this one is pretty much useless. On a side note has anyone figured out if rogers employees are eligible for this deal or not?
Not really useless since you can sell the 2700k for $180-$200 :)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2008
5063 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
Do can you only order one quantity?
Current KOODO customer😎
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5156 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
cloakster wrote: Not really useless since you can sell the 2700k for $180-$200 :)
cost of a i7 3770k is $105 + 40 s/h + $20 duties = $185. The quizzes take 2 hours to do. So if you sell the 2700k for $200 you will barely make $15 profit (2 hours of your life lost) for 0 performance gain (check reviews, its true). Only reason to get one at this point is possibly a resale later.
Sep 19, 2010
5 posts
DJDiggler wrote: You only need to pay taxes I believe... the outrageous fees ups usually charges don't apply ( its included in the outrageous $38 shipping). The site even says if ups tries to charge you refuse and contact intel.

You're thinking of items you get from the store. For some reason the store items, purchased with chips, are shipped FedEx and Intel covers that. The Summer/Holiday deals are shipped UPS and brokerage fees will be charged. There are several threads about it on the retailedge forum.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5621 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
so can a cashier at futureshop get in on this although they dont deal with pc related stuff?
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2010
3186 posts
1640 upvotes
Markham
blaznazn22 wrote: cost of a i7 3770k is $105 + 40 s/h + $20 duties = $185. The quizzes take 2 hours to do. So if you sell the 2700k for $200 you will barely make $15 profit (2 hours of your life lost) for 0 performance gain (check reviews, its true). Only reason to get one at this point is possibly a resale later.
Already rockstar status and im going to be selling the 2700k to my friend so very little time will be spent with this all.

Even if I did have to spend the time selling the 2700k, I would probably find it worth it just to have the newer cpu even if the performance gain is not noticeable.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2008
5063 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
Is it possible to redo quizzes?
Current KOODO customer😎
May 15, 2012
186 posts
70 upvotes
BRANTFORD
so if i Order Deal 2 + Deal 3 could i get order more after that?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4267 posts
5183 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Gotoff wrote: so can a cashier at futureshop get in on this although they dont deal with pc related stuff?
That shouldn't be a problem.. As long as they are employed by FS, they should qualify...
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2003
2327 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
What is the cheapest motherboard and ram (say 8Gb) combo that will take me to 4.5- 4.8 Ghz reliably?

This comes with a heat sink/fan right? And Mcaffee?
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2008
1415 posts
354 upvotes
Ottawa
Corel wrote: What is the cheapest motherboard and ram (say 8Gb) combo that will take me to 4.5- 4.8 Ghz reliably?

This comes with a heat sink/fan right? And Mcaffee?
I like low profile Sammy DDR3 1600 (good overclocker). There is no guarantees, for +4.5ghz speeds on i3770k you need to get a good CPU and buy aftermarket HSF. Friend of my gets only 4.4Ghz stable using H80 cooler.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2011
1139 posts
187 upvotes
azncapcom wrote: yes it would have expired. If you are still working for a retail company, you can reactivate the employment verification.

Yeah its pretty easy to do the quizzes. I don't read any of the articles or the videos, i just skip to the questions and answer them. Sometimes I won't pass on the first try, so just have to change 1 or 2 answers that im not 100% sure with.

@Fantaz, they usually have CPU and MB for a VERY cheap price. Also SSDs and games and stuff. You can also spend the points you earned doing the quizzes to buy things from the store. Also you keep your status even if you spend all your chips(points).

I usually go afk after the deals and lose my rockstar status. But all i need to do is do a couple quizzes for 2000 chips and i automatically get bumped back up to rockstar status.
Yeah i dont work with any retailer anymore . :(

Staples was along time ago, back in highschool times for me...

Id love to upgrade the i7 950 to a 3770k with new mobo. maybe i stick to my regular plan of just waitign until 4000 series i7 or whatever they come iwth next. I usually make logical 3 gen step ups but this seemed like an insane deal 245$ for a intel cpu / mobo. I wonder if i just work parttime at staples again for a week or two for this deal if it would work.. or if i need a longer time employement, I know the manager here locally shed probably give me a month of work if i wanted pt. just the grulling hours of dealing with idiots who know nothing about computers, Thats all i ever see at staples.
WESTNYLEFX
THE COMPUTER GURU.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
5593 posts
2537 upvotes
Kitchener
I don't go back to my retail job til like the 14th. When does the deal go live?

Edit: Nov 28th. Damn, won't make it. But Deal 1 and 2 don't say limited quantity though?
This space is intentionally left blank.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)